Wolfenstein: The New Order - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ricardonuno1980, Jun 5, 2014.

1. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Guys, if you notice a thread go over 1000 posts or so then please pm a moderator rather than instruct other forum members to continue in another thread, otherwise we end up with two threads going at the same time. Thank you!

(Threads are normally closed when they get too long otherwise it puts a lot of stress on the servers.)

3. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    No, it's not. After you pressed a hotkey, open console and check the value. Maybe you are changing from 1-2 to 4? Then yes, it's "biiiiig".

4. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    I can see a big difference between aniso x4 and x12 in the game. Maybe x4 is not applied until I force x12 so what I'm seeing is x0 versus x4.

5. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Don't guess, just start a level and change in console from 0 to 16, it will reset to 4 for any value above 4 and there will be no difference.

6. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    Is it just me...or are the guns in this game (the ones you are shooting) really quiet??

I almost thought there was something wrong with my headphones where they weren't outputting the center channel properly or something...but the fact that all the conversations (the usual victim) sounded perfect makes me think the headphones are fine, and the game's just got a quiet sound profile for guns

7. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Nope guns are pretty loud for me, but I'm using speakers.

8. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    I have speakers I can try as a test tonight...but being a fairly new parent...I don't get to play games out loud very often, so it's just a test :p

9. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    The first gun you get seems to have some sound problems, but the rest are fine.

10. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    I'm not blind

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Now show me an output in console for "vt_maxAniso" in second case, or make a comparison between vt_maxAniso 0 and your first screenshot.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    In the above screenshots, the left is vt_maxAniso 0 and the right is vt_maxAniso4 with maybe a small value changed in lodbias.

Anything above vt_maxAniso 4, is a placebo. I just tried it myself (another good place to look while testing, is on the gun with the grenade launcher attachment) :

0 = off
    2 = clearer/sharper
    4 = more of an increase on 2
    8 = No increase
    16 = No increase.

Edit: I only tried the console command way, i'll try the bind F1 vt_maxaniso 8 Marcel mentioned, now.

2 Edit: After trying it via 'bind F1 vt_maxaniso 8' the same result as before. No change between 4 and 8 or 16. Placebo.

Easiest way to see for yourself is to:
    1. Open the console, enter 'vt_maxaniso 0', look at the blurry textures.

2. Leave the console open and then hit F1 to activate 'vt_maxaniso 8'.

3. Now enter 'vt_maxaniso 4' into the console and press enter whilst looking at the floor or gun (try both each time) and you'll see no diff between 4 and 8.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  13. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Yep. cvaradd vt_maxAniso 12 is not working too, even nvidia profile has a flag that ignores AF forcing, because it's poitless.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's not pointless. It does have an effect, it's just that the levels listed above... the x4 and x8 are not correct.

The games tops out at x4, and defaults to no AF. It is very obvious and easy to see that x4 looks much better. But, the game has it off by default and Nvidia doesn't allow forcing AF through the control panel for the game's profile.

The "placebo" (.)(.) is talking about is the idea that at x8 looks better then x4, when in actuality the x4 shown in the screenshot above is a setting of 0 (off) and the x8 in the screen above is actually x4.

15. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Game accept only ONE aniso command after start, load, or death. If you use more than one command do not see any differences. Working aniso for ID tech engine is max 8 without harming the textures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    What about image_anisotropy, that one can be set to 16 (Default is 8 I think.) but maybe it has a limited or minor effect since most of the game is using those VT_ settings for texture quality?

17. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    well, why don't you enter vt_maxAniso one more time and see if it's still 8? :)
    maybe after you reload it resets to 0, 1 or 2, so there is a difference with 4, but 8 is just not working there.

18. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Anyone try placing the texture cache folder into a ram drive? I'm playing around with it now placing the files into a mklink folder using the AMD ramdrive program. Makes me wonder if that MachineGames folder wasn't created where or how the game caches those files? Wouldn't it make more sense for the developers to cache the files into memory anyhow? Seems bad for SSD users anyhow. So far theres less texture streaming pops I think. Hard to tell. Anyone else want to try?

19. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Well it was Friday when I finished the game and I have to say I really enjoyed it even though I thought I wouldn't.

The characters are great and the momentum of the story is very nicely done.

The final boss battle was so old school, which is why I liked it so much (along with the old school theme of the entire game).

This is probably the only game in which I hope some decent DLC will be added, but I doubt it. :infinity:

20. Mikanoshi

Mikanoshi Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    Nonsense :) My SSD with OS and swap file on it:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Powered for 3+ years and still only 1/4 of lifetime spent.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014