Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Some information has supposedly leaked surrounding Sledge Hammers next gen Call of Duty title. Here's what we know...

E3 should show us something. Going back to WW would be a massive bonus. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Going back to the roots of CoD?
    By.... going back before the original CoD to WW1 and adding fantasy elements?

3. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Well I suppose CoD is the Boy Band of the games industry, spewing out crap year after year until it's no longer a commercial viability.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Sorry but WW1 games are generally crap. Go back to their WW2 roots. COD2 was my favorite war fps right behind MOH:AA

5. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

World War I was fought differently to World War II, it was based around trench warfare. Also, World War I was not called World War I at the time, I wonder if they at least get that part right.

So, a six hour campaign? Sounds like the focus is multiplayer. Once the engine is up and running they can just make maps and charge you $100 for the privilege. Realistically, it sounds like they are dividing the game into three parts instead of having one awesome game of 18 hours gameplay. By 6 hours gameplay most people could probably get it completed much quicker.

I still think that for all the multiplayer maps you should be able to use as single player, with a whole set of objectives you need to do on each map. This would unlock at the end of the single player campaign and add value for money. They should also be for DLCs. When you think about it, DLCs are just maps these days, all the hard work had been done. They're just like the large maps individual people used to chuck together for those older games. In other words, there needs to be a greater sense of value than what they're alluding to.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's CoD... the focus will always be on MP.
    It's why the single player in CoD games has been crap for years, and only getting worse and worse with each release.

I'd like to give Sledgehammer games some chance, but, they helped make Modern Warfare 3. And... yeah... no.
    The last CoD campaign I loved was... United Offensive. The last one I liked, was Black Ops.
    The last one I hated... was Ghosts. ;) So glad I got that as a gift.

The series doesn't need to return to WWII to be good again. It's need a new spin. A fresh take. Stop cycling the game through the same couple of studios and spewing out the same game each year.
    Give the studios a break, let them make something different... something not CoD. And give someone the task of making a brand new CoD. New style, new gameplay, new ENGINE (license one... just let the current one die)...

8. StannieDum

StannieDum Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
    This year, 2014, is the centenary of that awful conflict, known as the 'Great War' by the people of the time and as 'World War I' by those since with hindsight of the second terrible war that raged across our planet.

It was a time of awful waste and great sacrifice made by an entire generation of young men who were led by national jingoism and blind patriotism to fight with their 'pals' for 'King and country'. It truly was the 'war to end all wars' and it was a time of great sadness and loss for many countries around the world.

I have to say that in this year when most TV companies and media in general are all presenting thought-provoking and emotional tributes to the people who lost everything during the years of 1914-1918, the thought that a mindless scripted annual frag-fest like the Call of Duty franchise are going to do a 'fantasy' based on this awful war leaves me cold. :eek3:

9. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Fictional version? so basically America vs Germany and **** everyone else?
    Amazing

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well ... they could say WWI happened in the 70's and reskin Black Ops :p Lol ... let's wait for E3, at the very worst it will be amusing :D

My number 1 concern for the PC version of the next game is the anti-cheat protection. I'm of the opinion that Treyarch did an excellent job with Black Ops 2 as a PC product and I hope to see the same anti-cheat protection and yes, even performance in the Sledgehammer game.

Last edited: May 1, 2014

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Black Ops II is the only CoD game I don't own.
    Mostly because I refuse to pay 60 bucks for it... since for me it's a single player only run.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Smart choice ... the single player is terrible :puke2:

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The last CoD game I bought for myself was.... Modern Warfare 2. And I got that because they labeled it wrong at Wal-Mart. Had it listed for 20 bucks instead of 70, and their policy is if there's more then three copies in the spot... they will honor the price listed. :p

Black Ops, MW3... Ghosts... I got those as gifts during the holiday seasons.

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Call of Duty : Bigtime. Best name ever. y they no use it? Blacksmith is lame and boring.

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  17. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
  18. Crowbar

Crowbar Guest

GPU:
    MSi R9 290 GAMING
    Looks like Warframe :D

So it's going to be CoD with PMC's... 'kay.

19. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    It looks "near" future rather than sci-fi proper. Load bearing exo-frames/skeletons similar to the ones being tested by DARPA and a few other agencies around the world at the moment. I want to see what the mask looks like more than anything else, love some of the "Future Soldier" designs.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'll pass. For obvious reasons.