Oh Noes! Bent Pin on the Mobo

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by robtorbay, Apr 23, 2014.

1. robtorbay

robtorbay Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG LC 6800XT
    Hey Guys

I purchased a mobo from a local shop and when I got everything setup the ram was not working in duel channel. After taking the PC apart I found... a bent pin!

After chatting with another tech friend he thinks I may be able to bend it back in place....

What do you guys think?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Photo?

Pins tend to bend over and back straight once if you're careful and lucky, any more than that and snap

3. robtorbay

robtorbay Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG LC 6800XT
    Ill take a pick when I get back to the house. I haven't had an intel system in years so I am new with the sockets!

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    find the closest jewel shopmthey have tools for this kind of job
    cheap and painless
    or ask your friend to do it,and hope that he/she has steady hands, microscope and a syringe needle.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ah CPU pin... I thought jumper pin - maybe not so easy, but I've straightened out 70% bent CPU pins when the boss got mad and flung a CPU across the shop, and it worked when I was finished

6. robtorbay

robtorbay Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ROG LC 6800XT
    Never got home till last last night :(

Ya the thing is with the CPU pins on the new sockets (1150) they are on the mobo and after taking a look like anticpuidon was saying ya need a delicate hand.

I ask my buddy and he said he dident want to try cause he felt he would break it XD

I emailed the shop I purchased it at and I am hoping they will just take it back I purchased a replacement in the mean time. If not I guess I am heading to a jeweler to see if they can make it happen.

Thx guys!

7. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    A mechanical pencil can easily re-align the pin. just take out the lead \ carbon part and use steady hands and magnifier. it helped me, it will help you!

8. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Sounds like my ex-boss at work.