How much does software affect one's pictures?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by death_samurai, Apr 23, 2014.

1. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I think i am correct to say that different brands of picture editing software gives different results and some can make a good picture go bad and vice versa.

I first started out with gimp2 and luminance hdr which is free software for creating HDR images but now have adobe lightroom and photomatix.

You do know there is well perhaps over 20 different brands of software out there so is adobe the best and when does the photographer's skill come into the picture.

2. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Adobe is generally the best yes, capture one is used mostly by the fashion/portraits industry etc.

There are some mac programs that offer good usage like aperture, but in the end, yeah adobe is the most widely used.

3. MrDre

MrDre Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570
    I mostly use Adobe Lightroom for everything. In some cases ACDsee to edit a larger number of photos as a batch.

4. dug011

dug011 Member

GPU:
    GTX8800
    In terms of editing, Photoshop is the best of course. However, overall impact to the final print is very much affected differently per program. Many programs I have used do not allow you to adjust your color space (RGP, SRGP, etc....) or pixel density.

Once again, I love the agility of Photoshop in that regard.

5. irag12

irag12 Guest

GPU:
    I always recommend a Pentax, simply because it has WAY more features than other entry level dslr's for the same price or sometimes cheaper.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  6. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

7. 3Dghost

3Dghost Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    I have tried many but Adobe Lightroom seems to be the best and quite easy to use

8. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    All photo editing software can make a photo better or worse, its the photographer that needs to know how to make a good photo in the first place and the editor who needs to know when to stop editing and only do it to enhance a photo.

9. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
  10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Agreed. Too much editing or incorrect editing is never any good...