I will not provide modded drivers for the future.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LeeKM, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeKM

LeeKM Guest

GPU:
    HD7970M
    My message being deleted for no reason ...

Forum administrators disappointed. (and incompetent AMD!!!)

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I did appreciate your work with the modded drivers, but I really can't say I approve of baseless AMD bashing/trolling.

You're honestly claiming the last thread you made was really deleted "for no reason"? I expected a bit more professionalism from you...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    AMD should hire you not bash your mod/fix. Thanks to you old Llano users have the option the use new drivers but i guess AMD don't care about them.

Thanks for your work Lee.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Well to be fair, AMD should not hire monkeys to code their drivers.

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    For no reason ?

LeekM, this forum is here to help each other out. Continuously creating threads just to crap on AMD .. that's not why we are here, these forums should be something positive, not negative.

I just looked at the thread that got deleted by a moderator, and I agree with his choice. Your modded drivers are appreciated by the community, I'd say focus on the good you have at hand instead of complaining at AMD all the time in these forums.

6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Exactly.

I am happy that you provide modded drivers, but please do not start pointless bash threads.

7. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Cry me a river...lol @ OP.

8. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    It's a real mess with AMD. Seems like Mantle for laptops isn't going to happen anytime soon and missing switchable graphics for Llano Laptops is the biggest **** I ever saw from a company for their users.

9. Kingdarkshadow

Kingdarkshadow Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M 2GB
    oh if it wasn't for your modded drivers I still would have a big headache with my graphic card switchable graphics

10. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    please Leekm don't do that you are the best of the best here your drivers helped us a lot don't listen to the idiots you are the best man

11. krain11

krain11 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 960M
    why must the good die young!!!

12. Braadkip

Braadkip Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Just go nVidia .. problem solved ;)

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Not helping, please don't post useless comments like that.

14. kd7

kd7 Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    I am very sorry to hear that and I hope your decision has nothing to do with this post:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4804906#post4804906

What I meant with this statement:
    "Also keep in mind that using modded bioses and/or drivers is not necessarily a "free ride" to additional features."

is that experimentation is inherently subject to unexpected outcomes, this is true not only for mods but even for official beta drivers, and in fact even official releases can be problematic.

Tweaking a system to its limits either because it is required for your work needs (rarely the case) or just to see how far you can go or have the satisfaction that you have done the absolute best you could do is a wonderful world which I used to live in my younger years when I had the time (I'm now pushing 40). But I loved that world for what IT IS, which means that exceeding the standard comes at a cost (time and effort) and that is exactly what makes it wonderful because you learn a lot in the process and you get the satisfaction that YOU have made it work according to your own needs.

It is talented people like LeeKM that make this possible for us who like (or in my case used to like) to experiment with our systems and I have to say that I am really grateful to all the people like LeeKM who gave us this opportunity over the years.

Mobile GPU drivers (amd or nvidia) are supposed to be downloaded from your laptop manufacturer. PERIOD. You want to use anything else you are responsible for making it work. NOBODY ELSE.

Most desktop manufacturers also recommend that you download drivers from their page. PERIOD. You want to use anything else you are responsible for making it work. NOBODY ELSE.

If you build your own system then YOU are responsible for it. PERIOD.

Anyone who breaks those rules is responsible for their own actions. Once again a big thank you to LeeKM and all the people like LeeKM who helps all the power users out there who know what going beyond the standard is REALLY all about.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Are issues Mantle causes for cards with 1/2GB VRAM smaller than performance impact of notebook CPU on DX performance?

I do not think that AMD should focus on giving Mantle to notebooks before they do something about this VRAM usage. Since even Desktop users with HD7870 are not very happy (and that is mobile: 7970m, 8970m, M290x).

If Mantle did not have that huge VRAM usage I would agree that AMD should focus more on mobile implementation, since CPUs there are usually quite limited.

16. kd7

kd7 Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    Depends on the game/app and of course settings, I prefer to max everything out but without AA (which uses a lot of memory) and under these conditions mantle works great in Thief (+30% over DX11). If one wants to use mods with ultra high res textures and 1440p with AA they should get a gpu card with 4GB+ memory anyway. With that said, optimisation by amd would be great!

ps I've seen some versions of 8970m and m290x out there with 4GB of vram, but I'll wait until someone confirms they work ok on the m17x r4 before I even consider changing.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  17. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    Well basically you are right but AMD leaves us GCN Notebook users completely in the dark about Mantle, they say absolutely NOTHING. If they atleast would say Mantle support for laptops will come in a couple of months I will be happy even thought it last longer, but I hate being left in the dark. They didn't even cared to program a "Mantle is yet not supported, but we are working on that" message.

Mantle only works now for GCN laptops without switchable graphics (muxed) all other users are experience a crash when Mantle starts. It's a real mess...

What happened to Leek? I can't view his profile and his picture is gone.. did he really left?! Wow, sucks for Llano users now they have to use old drivers...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    It looks like a guru3d admin closed down his account.

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    He's on a timeout. He started deleting all thread content he posted making threads unreadable etc.

I asked him to step away from the situation for a day or so to cool down a bit, and when that happens he can PM me and his account will be restored.

20. thatguy_86

thatguy_86 Guest

GPU:
    8 GB
    Just 2 cents:

There are leshcat drivers also, which has clearly couple of benefits. Just saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.