OnePlus One phone, 1/2 the price of the S5

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by ASLayerAODsk, Apr 18, 2014.

1. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    It's a really nice phone. Have you seen the pictures from its camera that are circulating? Amazing stuff. 50MP camera really does look pretty good on that.

3. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    Url for pictures

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/04/18/oneplus-one-camera-photo-samples-released-show-high-details-and-promise/

I have an IPS moniter *Asus PB298Q* and wow..these pictures are pretty amazing...:O I think im almost close to sold...maybe not release day..but maybe a week sooner...(I like taking pictures :) )

interesting....yeah..I was going to get a nexus 5 in the coming weeks..but I think Ill hold back for another month or so..and watch the launch...Ive learnt from many products these days that buying on release day is a fools errand...and is just a setup for disappointment, regardless of the companies reputation.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  4. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    i have to say this is a nice phone

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    The N5 is nice but if you want pictures, definitely wait. The camera is nowhere near that good!

6. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    Well I have a Nexus 4...and even with the new cam app from yesterday...if these REALLY ARE the quality of the pictures...I would think at this point, Im pretty much sold, not that I wasn't before...:)

7. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    The N4's camera was garbage. I cringed every time I had to take a picture when I had a N4.

8. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    yes..it is far from perfect isnt it? :)

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It's an aluminum oppo basically.

I'm kinda curious to see where they cheapened out to get the price that low.

10. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    thats my big concern too....with electronics..you seem to always get what you pay for...unless its a behemoth company and can afford to make pennies on their products...this being a start out company...well...my 1st question is, whos backing them??

as with everything it seems these days, nothing is what it seems...

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Well I mean it just annoys me that people are like "OH NEXUS 5 HAS SAME SPECS HAS HIGH END FOR 1/2 PRICE" and it's like uh no not really. Yes it has the same S800 processor, yes it has a 5" display at 1080p, 2GB of ram and 32GB device. And maybe those things alone are good enough for most people? But it lacks in other areas. The headset call quality is awful because the speaker is bad. The bottom speaker is also terrible. It only has 1 mic for noise cancel and it's on top of the device. As a result my Nexus 5 is significantly worse at voice to text compared to my S4. It has no SD card, no removable battery, the front facing camera is garbage and the rear despite google's efforts was also behind the pack when it launched. The headset volume is lower than both the HTC One and S4 and the quality on higher impedance headphones suffer as a result. The display has worse contrast and brightness than the HTC One. The calibration is good, so that's a plus but overall it was worse than competition at the time.

I mean I can go on forever. It's fine because obviously it's a cheaper phone. But I just really dislike when people use the cheaper phones to like be critical of the more expensive ones. They aren't the same. The One Plus One is going to make sacrifices in order to hit that price point. They may not be obvious ones and they may not even be ones that effect some customers but they definitely exist.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I heard this phone can only be bought through invitation. The rumours about the specs are all over the place.

I've heard Snapdragon 800, 801, 2GB RAM, 3GB RAM and 5.5" screen.

Have final specs been confirmed?

If it were possible to actually get one when it's out I'd be all for it considering my damn S5 has still not arrived and even when it does I have 15 days to return it.

13. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT Nitro+
    So about same price as Jolla ?

But is it any good ?

14. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    its all theory and guesses for now...its not released yet....should be interesting, to say the least. :)

15. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I believe it was confirmed to be the 801.

I don't feel like making my link pretty since it's 2:45 am.

http://phandroid.com/2014/03/24/oneplus-one-snapdragon-801/

16. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G