Toshiba Releases Fastest Ever microSD Memory Cards do 260 MB/s

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Nice! For a change, a company other than Samsung was the first to bring out faster read/write speed memory cards.

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

There are already fast Toshiba flash drives out there, they're just harder to find than Samsung. It's not that they aren't any good, just Samsung and Sandisk etc. have the brand name.

4. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Looks good! I'll have to bear these in mind. I just bought an SD card from SanDisk which has read and writes of around 95mb/s.

5. Nuwidol

Nuwidol Guest

GPU:
    Titan SLI
    Just what I need for my Surface Pro to move my Steam directory to :)

When can we expect to see these for sale?

Link to Toshiba didn't work BTW. For anyone interested its the top link on this list

6. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    The performance figures in the table look like they are reversed for the 32 and 64GB versions. Either that or the text above it is wrong (unlikely because Hilbert copied/pasted it - ghehe).

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Nice, I really like sd cards for portability and convenience. It's not only cameras that have benefitted from faster and higher-capacity sd cards though. I have a Zoom R24 multitrack recorder that uses them and also can run off 6xAA batteries. Unimaginable even 10yrs ago. At these kind of speeds they would be great even for laptops. Now, if we could only install windows to these cards without hacks and utilise them like a raid configuration with multiple cards...