Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    [​IMG]

The wait is finally over for a new game in the Borderlands universe! We’re launching you to Pandora’s moon for the first time in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, currently being co-developed by Gearbox Software and 2K Australia, and available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC later this fall.

[​IMG]

Set between Borderlands and Borderlands 2, you’ll play as four all-new character classes fighting alongside Handsome Jack, witnessing his transformation into the ruthless tyrant you loved to hate in Borderlands 2, and assisting with the rise of the Hyperion Corporation. The signature shoot ‘n’ loot gameplay of the Borderlands series expands with the addition of low-gravity and oxygen-powered jetpack combat, the icy ‘Cryo’ elemental damage type, the deadly laser weapon class, and new vehicles to help you explore the diverse lunar landscape.

The four new playable characters are all familiar faces from the Borderlands universe:

• Athena the Gladiator: Introduced in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
    • Wilhelm the Enforcer: The robotic badass of Borderlands 2
    • Nisha the Lawbringer: The Sheriff of Lynchwood in Borderlands 2
    • And yes, even Claptrap the Fragtrap!

Bonus: Those attending PAX East this weekend will be able to get a first-hand look at Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel at the 2K booth!

As always, keep an eye out on the following channels to stay up-to-date with the latest news and content:

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Should be fun, wonder if Gearbox will spam DLC for this one as well. :p
    (I liked the content additions from the season pass but the others were a bit so-so although the head-hunter mini-dlc weren't that bad.)

EDIT: Wonder if this means a larger Borderlands 3 game is planned later on then?
    (UE4 maybe?)

3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Gearbox are focusing on two brand new IPs they will be announcing this year. So, no BL3 from them this year.
    Probably why 2K out-sourced this project to another team. To keep the cash cow going.

I'm not complaining, this will be an instant buy.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So will this be akin to Blood Dragon or Arkham Origins?

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Instant buy for me. I love anything BL.

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It'll be a canon addition to the series. Like Arkham Origins.
    Nothing like Blood Dragon.

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Niiice, altough I didn't play the last 2 DLCs of BL2 I love the series, 100+ hours playtime in each, quality stuff!

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I need to finish the last DLC... actually, all the DLC.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Why all the hype about this game?

I tried Borderlands1 or was it 2nd F2P weekend once and it was a bored fest, uninstalled after 10-15min.

10. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    I wonder if this is going to be a short-content game like Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. 5-6 hours of game might not be worth it unless it is cheap.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I loved BL2 but I absolutely hated being limited to normal mode (and thus level 30) on new characters even after completing the game once. I hope this limitation is removed and is like the first game in that respect.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Possibly... because other people liked it. A lot.

It can be confusing, when people like something you don't... but... it happens.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well I could say the same for you by few games RE6 is a good example:p, but that wasnt my point.

I mean what's so special, other then coop killing bandits or is there something more to it? :)

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I preferred BL1 to BL2 because in BL1 when a special weapon was acquired say a rocket launcher then whoever used the rocket launcher most would use that weapon and nobody cared. In the second game they took this feature away ie: Leveling up your weapons, so when a special weapon drops in BL2 everyone runs for it and ANYBODY can use it too its full potential.

Basically they watered down a very important part regarding an rpg element of the game which made everyone greedy in BL2.

BL1 was a much better multiplayer experience and i have over 100hrs in BL1.
    I have yet to finish BL2 probably around 20hrs and tbh i dont think ill bother with it again, also characters were much better in BL1.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I was being sarcastic. ;)

To me, it's the art style and the open design of the world. I much prefer Borderlands 2 over the first game due to the more varied environments and stronger story.
    And I play it solo. So... coop means nothing to me for the games.

But, if you're not into it that's fine. I have a friend who just hates the series. To each their own.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok thanks.

17. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    I could go on for hours (literally). Maybe it's not your cup of tea, and that's fine, but if you like first-person shooters, I would implore you to give it another shot. It has ruined almost all other first-person shooters for me (in a good way)... the combat is maybe a notch down from Doom or Quake II, in terms of enemy density and the intensity of the average skirmish, and this includes and how quickly you can physically move around in relation to them, but you have so many new, fun ways to dispatch those enemies. If you're interested, by all means, add me as a friend on Steam, and I'll show you a good time, whether you like sniping, tanking, summoning, casual (or very difficult) marauding, elemental damage, treasure hunting, driving, melee, raiding... this game has it all done very well.

On topic: OMGHECKYEAH!

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You must have no sense of humor at all. The main draw of the game is it's comedy, over the top action/violence and the sheer number of weapons. The game is a blast. The first one was a bit shallow but 2 was a masterpiece (with the exception of the PhysX performance bug).

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nah guess I just didnt find it that funny, reminded it instantly of that Portal2 joking robot :D

speaking of crappy physx implementation, maybe this new 337.50 helps a bit, I saw it helped here by both Batman AC and AO, especially by AC (gained 7fps by min fps).

Ok, thanks for all your opinions.

20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm not a big fan of FPS titles, but I absolutely adore both of the Borderlands games. I've put over 100 hours into each, and it's rare I'll play a game that much.