Infamous Second Son

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Serotonin, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Who's getting it? I just picked my copy up - I even did something quite rare for me and preordered the collectors edition, seems pretty neat.

Already told the girlfriend I'll be m.i.a this weekend, picking up some snacks and diving into this game. Been playing nothing but Xbox one lately, it's nice to have a title that forces me to blow the dust off the ps4.

Reviews seem to say it's gorgeous but gameplay is basically more of the same, which is fine by me. I enjoyed the first 2 on ps3.

Anyone else picked this up yet or getting it today?

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Everytime I consider it I look at the amount of money it costs, the unavailability of the system, and then the upcoming exclusive releases.

Then I reconsider and don't buy one.

I think I'll be skipping on a PS4 until much later this year/early next year, price is mad for the amount of games I'm interested in (this).

3. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I'm picking up mine today. First time "infamous" player. Don't know what to expect. But definitely liking the idea of blow everything up with beautiful graphic. :D

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Really the two previous games looked good for what they were. I think I'll be picking this game up this weekend.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Got my copy yesterday (and MGS: Ground Zeroes for the PS4 the day before: thanks SimplyGames!).

The game's graphics are without a doubt superb bar some aggressive LOD/pop in issues once you get to Seattle and noticeable stutter when speeding around (likely streaming related). I am enjoying it mostly but those super-accurate D.U.P. soldiers are really annoying. They make Delsin feel really underpowered despite the fact I've found a few powerups and levelled them up. As such I've died more times than I count and I'm started to get a little frustrated with the game, not helped by the fact that unlike other open world games I seem to keep getting lost and returning to the same D.U.P. base over and over again.

6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Wanted to buy a PS4 for this game and couldn't find one. Oh well.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

The game does look great for a launch title, this new gen of consoles actually has launch titles with great visuals unlike the previous.

Though going by gameplay vids, it just looks more the same from the last two Infamous games.

8. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Interesting, are you playing Hero or Infamous? I'm playing hero, I thought my character is overkill. Did you upgrade and unlock your character abilities?

And yeah, some of the objective is pretty horrible in term of what to do or sense of direction. I suppose, if you want to stick with game main mission, just go where the star is. :)

There are a bit stutter during area transition, but it happen so fast, is like a mini second, it didn't bother me, especially zero loading during gameplay. Only loading is where you boost up the game. Pretty darn impressive achievement considering how impressive the game look.

The game is a lot of fun. I'm really enjoying it. I have never played the first two.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    You might be able to play the first 2 when that cloud gaika thing goes online as well as other ps3 classics like uncharted, god of war, killzone, the last of us ect ect.

10. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Completed it as Hero 100%, now starting to go through as Infamous, personally I'm loving it, replay value definately seems to be there!

11. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apparently some of the easter eggs are the-legend-of-zeldas-master-sword and a hoodie called xbone.

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I agree with some that have said the d.u.p soldiers seem overpowered. I am playing as infamous and not a hero though.

Graphically, especially at night, this game is jaw dropping. For a graphics wh0re like me, games like this and Ryse are why I jumped onto the consoles early, these graphics while completely capable of running on a PC, just aren't available on a PC due to lack of dev support.

I have noticed stutter issues, hopefully they can clean that up with a patch.

It's not GOTY by any means, but for what it is, it's good fun and worth the $$ to me.

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm 24% into the game, a few missions in with the pink haired girl. Liking it a lot. The game has given me renewed interest in my PS4 that had been getting ignored for the Xbox One. I really wish my TV had more that 2 hdmi out's lol.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've been playing the game as a hero and now I've unlocked the second power and learned to be more tactical against the D.U.P. soldiers I've started to really enjoy this game.

15. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Finding it awesome so far, if you liked the other 2 you will really enjoy this.

Just got over to the second island, finding it pretty easy on normal, dont forget to do the papertrail missions either, loads of fun.

Neon is awesome for getting around but find smoke better for taking on large groups, both finishing moves so to speak are wicked, graphics are up there with the best.

16. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I read online somewhere that if your controller runs out of battery whilst your playing your character runs and hides too cover.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Is the studio behind this, are they a Sony studio?

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    SuckerPunch they are a Sony 1st party.

19. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Almost done as infamous, going to run through it again as a hero. I had a blast with it. Mindless fun, it doesn't try to take things too seriously and hot damn is it beautiful. I thought killzone looked nice but phew..

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Bought a PS4 with this game. Pretty awesome if you ask me. It's quite fun and boy does it look pretty.