Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Mar 16, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    [​IMG]

Alien: Isolation is a first person survival horror game, set 15 years after the original alien, where you play as Amanda Ripley, daughter of the Alien protagonist Ellen Ripley, looking for her mother in deep space.

This needs a separate thread since its way better then Colonial marines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_mToxWxWL4

New Trailer - Creating the Alien with dev. comments
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbs4UenPhDU

^
    Looks great too, can't wait :)

BlindBison likes this.
  2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    CA+Sega not high on my list of great devs+pubs.

I still think they are using the warscape engine which for me hasnt been great. Moreover Caveat emptor in terms of believing CA marketing/hype.

Their behaviour with Rome2 could arguably be lawsuit stuff, in no uncertain terms in my opinion very misleading.

So huge grain of salt with this title.

p.s actually looks different from the team that did Rome2 and so far seems like actual in-game footage...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  3. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Hmm interesting. I'm a fan of the films and the AvP series so this definitely excites me. Still skeptical though. The last two "Alien" games released weren't exactly high standard. Obviously they're taking this game in a different direction so we'll have to wait and see. I just hope it's not "console-ized".

4. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Oh no not again...

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm really excited for this one.

I also can't get behind people that instantly go on the "Oh this'll suck because of such and such game..."
    By that logic... I should instantly dislike anything from Epic because Gears of War sucks.

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    no-one is saying that at all if u read it right.

but the possibility exists...

who knows it could be a 8/9/10 out of 10. Just saying based on most recent CA titles I dont hold much hope.

Especially in the a.i dept.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I didn't say people on this forum.
    But there's tons of people commenting that this'll suck because Creative Assembly... or, that this will suck because SEGA and look at the last Alien game... and blah, blah, blah.

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Well cant say I blame them if u have been buying total wars over the years. But I agree it's stupid to say well alien isolation must be crap...they could surprise us.

No way on earth i'd get this without a demo/beta first though..

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Being an Alien fan, and this being the Alien game I've always wanted... I'm getting it day one.
    The first film has always been my favorite. The slow, creepy feel. The isolation and tension of the film is fantastic.
    I like Aliens, but, when people try to tackle that in game form it tends to go straight action. Dropping any creepy tension in the first few minutes just to flex a Pulse Rifle sound effect.

The idea of doing "Outlast" with a xeno is just wonderful and something I've been wanting in a game for years. Slow, tense and unnerving.

10. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    You are doing the exact same thing except with opposite opinion :3eyes:

Instead of instantly disliking because of the companies associated with the production, you are just instantly liking this game because of the IP associated with it.

Yep. Or lot of unfiltered actual gameplay footage post release (so that they are actual gameplay footage).

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I didn't say it would be awesome.
    Nowhere did I say it was going to be great, or that I was going to love it when I played it.

Just that because of the style of game they are going for... I'm going to get it. If it's bad... then it's bad and I'll post that I was letdown. If it's good, then yay.

12. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    You are right, you didn't say those things. But you did say that you were going to buy it on release date without knowing much about the game at all.

So in the end both you and the haters voted with you guys' wallet. So my apologies for not fully explaining my thinking there but the buying part was my focus and there, you and the haters both made the final decision in regards to purchasing with extremely limited knowledge.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    absolutely love the game style as its shown in the previews, loved the original alien and aliens 1986, fingers crossed for this game to be a tense unnerving experience.

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I love the Aliens movies, part of my childhood, i hope this game is good but there will be no pre purchase, not in a million years. If the game does not score more than 70% or 7/10 i wont be buying it or bothering with it for free.

15. Vindaloo

Vindaloo Guest

GPU:
    R7850 2Gb CF 1000/5000
    I second this^^^^^^^

I really hope its going to be awesome tho, a real eerie, dark and cold feel to it, then scares the F*** out of you.....

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    There is a difference.
    I'm willing to put down because one, it's Alien, two it's a survival horror setting... and three the videos, interviews and information we've gotten sounds great.

The people hating on the game haven't said they won't buy it or not. All they've said is that the game will suck simply because A:CM sucked. Or because CA's last game Rome 2 sucked.
    I've made no statements about the quality of the game in regards to the IP, developer or publisher.

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    My point was not that there was no difference, just that difference is insignificant because I put lot higher value into purchase than post purchase criticism. In a way I think purchase says tons more than anything else on one's thought about quality of the game. You haven't explicitly said "this game is great" but clearly you must have some level of high enough positive expectation (opposite of the haters) to warrant day one purchase on such little info.

The real difference is that you are stating your expectations in much more humble manner and hence bit of objectivity, while the haters you mention are just being rude and fuming with certainty. Which is of course important bit and why we are able to discuss this with each other.

As for those people not buying... are you seriously going to argue against my assumption--that people won't buy games they believe will suck?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Well what we are trying to say is because of recent issues with CA games dont just auto buy..

Yeah we get you like the ip and the gamestyle, tbh like it myself. Anything that makes u jump and gets the pulse racing is great...

But i'd wait for a bit more at least before making up your mind.

For a fyi CA released lots of great looking shots and some vids for Rome2 and the end product was a lot different...(oh and 9 patches in siege a.i is still awfull).

19. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Jeeez the game isn't due for release until late this year and already so much tension, i just hope the game doesn't steer to far away from what AC:M should of been, saying that i wont buy the game just because its based on Aliens,whilst I am a big fan of the Alien franchise i just hope its not all puzzle solving and listening to voice recordings but given the info on the game story so far i see it heading that way.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    This actually looks really good, looks quite tense and the atmosphere looks spot on for an Alien game.

I'm also thinks the first Alien movie was the best one, so happy to see a game based on that and not the more action orientated sequels.

I do have some concerns how it will play out or hold your interest long term, but i will have to wait for some more info nearer to release.