AMD Catalyst 13.2 Legacy Drivers ( X64) modded by Ironclad

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by atimaniac, Mar 4, 2014.

1. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    Hello everyone
    I would like to share the hard work of one of Polish Graphic modder ( Ironclad ) who created the legacy drivers for the HD 2000 series cards are HD 4000 (and also tested for the HD 6000) and working flawless. This drivers Provide real performance boost and include AMD APP, AMD Steady Video and some off amd stuff.

-Driver fix known problems with random crashes, fps drops and freezes.
    -Fix Green Screen watchin YT with turn on hardware acceleration
    -They are real 13.2 drivers and using new dll not just changed number with old dll's (like from 12.6 or amd sucks legacy drivers which dont change nothin)
    -Added atipdlxx.dll oraz atipdl64.dll which amd removed in version 12.2 which limited the potential of OC,sound great y .U have high possibility to get higher clocks
    - Fixed support with ATT( ATI Tray Tools ) compared to legacy drivers from AMD

Support :
    All Legacy GPU ( Mobile and Desktop)
    HD 5XXX to HD 7XXX series ( Mobile and Desktop ) - Experimental

Unlocked CCC Option:

- Unlocked adaptive antialiasing
    - Unlocked High Quality AF
    - Unlocked instance geometry
    - Morphological filtering unlocked
    - Testing unlocked custom clocks and Auto-Tune in OverDrive

Drivers Include:
    Catalyst™ Application Profiles 12.11 CAP 2
    Display Driver
    OpenCL™ Driver
    AMD Integrated Driver
    Catalyst™ Control Center
    HydraVision™
    AMD HDMI Audio Driver
    AMD Avivo™ Codec
    AMD Video Converter
    Media codecs for transcoding applications
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile x86/64
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86/x6

Before you install:
    Use DDU or Drivers Swapper to clean up old drivers (use safe mode - hardly recommended)

Download Link

13.2 Win 7 X64

13.2 Win 8 X64

13.3 Win 8 X64

Test and Report .

Test on FC2

[​IMG][​IMG]

If u are using PowerExpress Config Like HD 4000 series + HD 6000 and u are using Win 7 ( Not work for me on Win 8) and u have screen tearing problems ( this drivers support HD 5000/6000/7000 series but their deticated only for Legacy series ) use my solution

-Install Offical Catalyst 13.12 ( only AMD drivers and CCC )
    "If u have problem with powerplay and your clocks are still 100/100 use Sapphire TRIXX and change them )
    -After this install 13.9 Legacy manually and update your integrated device from device manager .
    -Reboot
    -Enjoy using latest drivers

Knows problems :
    -Screen Tearing on some games on HD 6000 series ( with modded Drivers )
    doesnt work classification performance benchmark using the built-in windows

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    hmmm.. well I do have my old Laptop with a HD 4650 .. downloading... lets see ..

3. thatguy_86

thatguy_86 Guest

GPU:
    8 GB
  4. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    It could be 13.3 SuperTurboOMGDriver

5. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    Updated Information about what drivers include and posted example test .

6. Morp

Morp Guest

GPU:
    32GB DDR3 1600
    Thanks for share, i need this drivers for my old laptop

7. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    This is welcome news, but I don't have the time anymore to inspect them to verify any claims.

Too happy using a stable 10.12 & 11.1 that I can just slap on (with an updated ogl of course, and implementing pre-install Catalyst memory gobbling hack).

There is really nothing to be gained in performance for me past 10.11 beyond above over 11.4 for the RV770 except for quirks like not having to rename TESV to oblivion.exe and such. Anything based much higher suck for 4870x2 unless you don't know what your doing in tricking new games to work by extreme profile substitution. Then there are those games that run better with crossfire off altogether due to negative scaling.

I would be very surprised if anyone reports massive increases with these hacks otherwise ran on such old hardware, but i'll leave the testing for someone else to find out the results because I don't plan a re-install anytime soon.

Now if they can fix the repeated annoying atikmdag.sys BSOD from after coming out of powerdown/sleep using them on Windows 8 for 4870x2, where the only driver available for Win8 is just a bastardised Windows 7 version that AMD will never fix along with the ****ty clock bug that would be interesting, as what has been left behind is far too flaky to use. As for green screens simply turning off h/w acceleration is not the answer, although it does cure the UltraHD playback BSOD because the GPU can't cope with greater than 2048x2048 res but the CPU can.

8. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X

Because he possessed a card with RV770 family, I can say that a lot of drivers do not really bring anything and you can ever say that amd 11.11 drivers are still the best. The best so that AMD released.

On the most of games Catalyst 11.11 getting kicked ass . Difference is around 10 to 40 % . atikmdag.sys BSOD is never ended story and i think never will be fixed .

9. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Some people are still running the 10.12 and 11.1 drivers? :funny:

I am sure upgrading your GPU has more effect than running two year old optimized drivers. :)

10. SturmButcher

SturmButcher Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP GTX 1070
    Ohh thanks man, I will test it cause the 12.11 beta modded drivers can't make them work properly, in fact it decreased my eprformance in world of tanks (the main game i play), I will post my results with a replay later. Thank!

11. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Hi.

Just to say, working AMAZING on my HP with 4250/6550 best performance driver i've installed.

CCC unlocked with a lot options and Power Xpress fully working.

Can you post the next releases or give me the link to creators website or forum ?

THANKS.

12. SturmButcher

SturmButcher Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP GTX 1070
    World of tanks runs horrible, rolling back...

13. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    11.11 was before the HD 7000 series hit, so the HD 4000 series could still have gotten improvements at that time. The HD 6800 cards used VLIW5 so some improvements should have been viable on the older cards as well.

14. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    Are u perfectly uninstall old drivers ? .

Cheers

15. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    I will continue realease .

16. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    MPC HC crashes when Enhanced Video Render - Custom preset is selected as output.

17. SturmButcher

SturmButcher Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP GTX 1070
    Yes sir, my game with the 13.9 whql runs at 40~fps and up, some times a bit less, but no more than 30, I just uninstalled the whole AMD software, then I rebooted and used the display driver uninstaller in safe mode, then I boot normal ccleaner on windows, then I reboot, and Installed the new driver, then I tested the game, and the FPS were 20-30~ too low performance for me.

Maybe I could installed the drivers wrong? can someone explain to me how to install the drivers more simple? english is not my native language.

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  18. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    Try to reinstall Microsoft Media Fundation from AMD or install new one from AMD Catalyst 13.12 Version

19. cnckane

cnckane Guest

GPU:
    Mobility 4650
    Doesn't work, with older legacy drivers does, also I noticed if I change the render to different it works, but there is a little stuttering.

20. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Yes mr. comedian there is funny as it may seem because it depends on how you define "optimisation".

The only thing to change since "then" were the adding of more game profiles in crossfire for my 4870x2 and the odd unintentional bug fix here and there of fixing a specific game while trashing another.

The fundamental core RV770 code hasn't been changed since 10.10, so there isn't really any "optimisations" for 4K to be had despite all the "cooked up" drivers floating around, and that includes my own.

I've downloaded and tested every driver for my card there is available. And took note of the (many) bugs and performances. The only thing doing all the work added for 4K has been PROFILES. Nothing more.

You've all been living in a dream world...

Newer is NOT better when it comes to AMD drivers, most old timers on here should know that already. These ones are very stable, any newer stuff is ridden with problems, because as soon as Cayman starting @ 11.2 was added, then 7K series starting around 12.3 all that extra code "bloat" running on a 4K series card doesn't make sense.

The margin for errors increased progressively, the drivers weren't tested under 4K configurations, the drivers grew in size, got more useless code and bloat to trundle through which didn't any longer really apply to them.

While although they "work" they are not in the range intended for the card and the driver quality got progressively worse, even running the 12.x range on 4870x2 at all is a complete joke and ridden with more bugs than earlier drivers, AMD support exists for around 2 years, then it's move along to the next big thing, and previous series becomes forgotten about resulting in a decline and slowdown rather than increase in driver quality.

So it makes perfect sense to me from a performance and stability standpoint to be using what I use, namely 10.12 and 11.1 (tweaked of course) :)

Oh and they're the only 2 drivers out of all of them to not crash 3DMark, go figure...even the OpenCL is faster on SDK 2.3 and 11.1 for intensive stuff.

Using all these "hack jobs" when there is really nothing to be gained anyway, whilst the efforts are praiseworthy, it's merely mostly an illusion and wishful thinking, and well....crumbs and dying embers of a long bereft driver support. Stick with you know what works people, forget about that they're on there, and stop faffing around with the grand AMD switcheroo because it will never be "just" how you want it or equivalent hassle free no matter what because there never has been any regression testing.

Like updates to fix a bug in a driver they inadvertently broke last time while spawning 3 more issues.

Complete waste of time messing around with all this crap, so I cut the umbilical cord a long time ago and stayed with what works, forgot all about it, stopped fiddling, and got on with life.

And I'm not planning on changing it anytime soon just because some smartass says "ha ha ha your using such an old driver", because I've already seen the wiring under the board, and been to the edge of what is possible, and in six months time I'll still have the same driver, because the card became a dead end from a crossfire support standpoint circa April 2012 in any case.

Newer games since then are prevented from making optimal use of it on legacy because there has been no driver modifications in support of those games, profiles will only get you so far, the rest is crossfire driver support.

We don't have it...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014