Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA Drivers Section
Videocards - NVIDIA Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything ForceWare driver related. ForceWare (Detonator) drivers are for NVIDIA TNT, Quadro and all GeForce based videocards.

GeForce Experience 1.8.2 Adds Advanced Controls For ShadowPlay Beta
Old
  (#1)
Spets
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX770 + GTX750Ti
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5
Mainboard: GA-Z68X-UD7-B3
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb 2133
Soundcard:
PSU: OCZ
Default GeForce Experience 1.8.2 Adds Advanced Controls For ShadowPlay Beta - 01-23-2014, 10:24 | posts: 1,762

Quote:
Since its first beta release last October, NVIDIA ShadowPlay has quickly become the most exciting and talked about feature of GeForce Experience. The ability to capture gameplay footage quickly, easily and with little storage or performance impact was a huge hit with gamers, and to date over three million clips have been captured. Recently, we also added microphone support and the ability to broadcast direct to Twitch.

The release of GeForce Experience 1.8.2 today adds several highly requested features to ShadowPlay Beta, further improving its capabilities.

First and foremost, a new option in ShadowPlay’s Quality dropdown enables customization of the capture resolution, the capture frame rate, and the capture bit rate, giving you greater control over capture output. In particular, the frame rate option is of great benefit to YouTubers, enabling video to be captured at YouTube’s supported 30 frames per second, avoiding a 60-to-30 frame rate conversion during the publication process, which can impact video quality considerably.

Note that switching from 60 fps to 30 fps by itself will not reduce the output file size; since bit rate is calculated per second, this will allocate twice the amount of bits per frame. To retain the same quality level whilst also reducing frame rates from 60 fps to 30 fps, reduce the bit rate by half. This will keep quality per frame the same while reducing the file size.

GeForce Experience 1.8.2 ShadowPlay Beta Adjustable Capture Options
ShadowPlay Beta’s new options are accessed via the Quality button in the ShadowPlay control panel.

In a prior release we expanded audio capture to include microphone input. In GeForce Experience 1.8.2, "push-to-talk" is enabled via a user-definable microphone toggle for those wanting to add the occasional comment to their recordings.

We've also looked into the issue of ShadowPlay Beta’s write impact on solid state drives (SSDs). Given that modern drives have built in protection to distribute writes, we do not expect ShadowPlay to meaningfully impact a SSD's lifetime for typical use cases. But for extra peace of mind, the latest release adds the option to change ShadowPlay’s temporary buffer file location. This will reduce usage on your C:\ drive if redirected to a secondary drive, and in turn may prevent the occasional stutter during gameplay if your C:\ struggles with simultaneous gaming and capture.

GeForce Experience 1.8.2 ShadowPlay Beta Preferences
For a complete list of GeForce Experience 1.8.2 changes, make sure to check out the release notes.

To get started with GeForce Experience 1.8.2, download now through the in-app updater or from GeForce.com.

If you experience any issues with GeForce Experience 1.8.2 please post a full and detailed report on the GeForce.com Feedback Forum, where our Customer Care team can better assist you.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art...1-8-2-released

Old
  (#2)
Webhiker
Member Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte N780OC R2
Processor: AMD FX 8320 @ 4715 MHz
Mainboard: Asus SaberTooth 990FX R2
Memory: 2 x 4 GB Mushkin Redline
Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Ext. gamer
PSU: Zahlman ZM-1000HP
Default 01-23-2014, 15:35 | posts: 61 | Location: Aarhus, Denmark

This is so nice and a BIG thanks to NVIDIA for listening to all the good suggestions about ShadowPlay.

Old
  (#3)
SSJBillClinton
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX780 1176/6652 580PhysX
Processor: Intel Core i7 3930k @ 4.3
Mainboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79
Memory: 4x 4GB 1600MHz 7-8-8-24
Soundcard:
PSU: Cooler Master 1000w
Default 01-23-2014, 17:09 | posts: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhiker View Post
This is so nice and a BIG thanks to NVIDIA for listening to all the good suggestions about ShadowPlay.
This! It's surprising to see such a big company take feedback onboard, especially when it's just what users would like and not a bug or something broken.

Old
  (#4)
pjokerxp
Master Guru

Videocard: Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
Processor: Ivy I7-3770K @ 4.5 GHz
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
Memory: G.Skill 2x 8GB 2400MHz
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair AX760i Platinum
Default 01-23-2014, 18:49 | posts: 565 | Location: Saudi Arabia

i luv it, am already streaming to twitch and loving it, but still ATL+TAB makes the recording stop. Also there is no "remember my password" option in twitch sign in

Old
  (#5)
Shadowdane
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX680 4GB SLI
Processor: i7-4770K @ 4.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero
Memory: GSkill 16GB DDR3-2400
Soundcard: SBZ/ProMonitor800/M8 Sub
PSU: Corsair 850HX
Default 01-23-2014, 20:11 | posts: 762 | Location: Virginia

Ohh nice!! I was hoping they'd add in a framerate option... usually upload stuff to Youtube which just converts everything to 30fps anyway.

I'm sure I'll get better performance in games too if it's only trying to capture 30fps vs 60fps.

Old
  (#6)
bjoswald
Member Guru

Videocard: GTX 750 Ti
Processor: i5-4430
Mainboard: H87M Pro4
Memory: 16GB Crucial Ballistix
Soundcard: Realtek HD
PSU: CX600M
Default 01-23-2014, 22:16 | posts: 90 | Location: Florida

I couldn't care less about ShadowPlay, but I hope they introduce some improvements to the Optimal Playable Settings.

Old
  (#7)
Spets
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX770 + GTX750Ti
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5
Mainboard: GA-Z68X-UD7-B3
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb 2133
Soundcard:
PSU: OCZ
Default 01-24-2014, 06:47 | posts: 1,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoswald View Post
I couldn't care less about ShadowPlay, but I hope they introduce some improvements to the Optimal Playable Settings.
I wish they would come out with their own video converter using NVENC to be honest.

Old
  (#8)
RealNC
Member Guru

Videocard: Palit GTX 780 Jetstream
Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K
Mainboard: MSI P67A-C43
Memory: DDR3 16GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, JBL Spot
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 01-24-2014, 13:22 | posts: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spets View Post
To retain the same quality level whilst also reducing frame rates from 60 fps to 30 fps, reduce the bit rate by half.
This is wrong information. Halving the bit rate will drastically reduce quality. A halving of the frame rate should go together with a 15-20% reduction of the bit rate. In other words, if you double the frame rate, you only need 20% more bit rate to keep the same quality, you don't need 100% more bit rate, since with more frames per second, there are way less differences between frames to encode, and the needed increase of bits per second to account for the new frames is relatively low.

Last edited by RealNC; 01-24-2014 at 13:26.

Old
  (#9)
bryonhowley
Member Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
Processor: i5 3570K Ivy Bridge
Mainboard: Asus Z77 Sabertooth
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws 16gig
Soundcard: Realtek 892/Logitech 5.1
PSU: Rosewell Lightning 800w
Default 01-25-2014, 01:37 | posts: 103 | Location: Topeka

Nice I just wish Nvidia would fix the rest of the problems with Surround and then move on to adding other things. Have had my i5/Nvidia build since last January and in that time they have not improved on there Surround at all it just seems like they do not really care about finishing what they start. I really see the same thing will happen to Shadow Play they will bring it so far and never finish it. To me that seems to be the Nvidia way!

Old
  (#10)
Anarion
Ancient Guru

Videocard: ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DC2
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
Memory: G.SKILL RipjawsX 16 GB
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Zx + HD 595
PSU: SF Golden Green Pro 600W
Default 01-25-2014, 01:52 | posts: 10,518 | Location: Finland

It would be nice if it would work in windowed/borderless mode.

Old
  (#11)
Andrew LB
Master Guru

Videocard: PNY GTX 680
Processor: i5-4670K @ 4.2ghz
Mainboard: Asrock z87 Extreme4
Memory: 16gb Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: Corsair 1kw HX
Default 01-25-2014, 10:31 | posts: 295 | Location: Peoples Republic of Kalifornia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryonhowley View Post
Nice I just wish Nvidia would fix the rest of the problems with Surround and then move on to adding other things. Have had my i5/Nvidia build since last January and in that time they have not improved on there Surround at all it just seems like they do not really care about finishing what they start. I really see the same thing will happen to Shadow Play they will bring it so far and never finish it. To me that seems to be the Nvidia way!
What's wrong with Surround? It works fine whenever i've used it.

Have you tried this...
1. Uninstall ALL nVidia drivers
2. Reboot
3. Run Driver Sweeper and remove any residual nVidia stuff.
4. Reboot
5. Run CCleaner and run the regular cleaner, followed by the registry cleaner
6. Reboot
7. Run windows disk cleanup as well as the included remove system restore/shadow copies option. I also manually delete any nVidia folder found on C:\, C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86), C:\Program Data, and C:\Users\"UserName"\Appdata\(inside both Local and Roaming folders)
8. Reboot
9. Reinstall nVidia drivers, choosing the "clean install" method.

The vast majority of display driver problems are due to not completely removing old drivers and associated files first. Simply selecting the "Clean Installation" option does not completely remove these files. Remember to reboot between steps because windows needs to unload various files from it's cache, as to allow proper deletion.