Realtek HD Audio 2.73 driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. badrawan

badrawan Guest

GPU:
    8 GB
    RealTeck Audio is not working on win 8.1

Hi ,
    My ASUS M3A32 MVP Delux went bad I had to get another AM2+ MB that supports the AMD Quad core an d 8 GB DDR2.
    I bought & installed MSI 770T-C45 on my Win8.1 Machine. Audio was not working, I download "Realtek HD Audio 2.73 driver) from this page. Still no audio.
    The Chipsets on the board are ALC889/ALC885S/ALC885 compliant with Azalia 1.0 spec.
    Kindly help me to resolve this issue.
    BTW i removed and did clean installation

3. badrawan

badrawan Guest

GPU:
    8 GB
    Thanks for reply, i am using the same, still no sound.

4. badrawan

badrawan Guest

GPU:
    8 GB
    also the installation does not bring up the GUI for configuration

5. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Hi Badrawan i just checked MSI's official page for your MSI 770T-C45 and there seems to not have any drivers for windows 8.
    From the drop down list under drivers only Win 7 x64 seems to be supported,i am not saying that Windows 8.1 can't run on your MSI motherboard.
    Windows 8.1 has a lot of drivers already included in the installation process.
    If you look under MSI's Win 7 X64 drivers list,you will clearly see that the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver stating (NonWin8).
    Don't want to upset you or anything but your mobo might be incompatible with Win 8.1.Since there are no drivers listed on MSI's page for Widows 8-8.1,
    I can only assume that Windows 8-8.1 already has all the drivers built in for your Motherboard.
    OK just a question after you are finished installing Win 8.1 without installing any drivers,do you get any sound at all with Microsoft's drivers?
    I would also check in Control Panel/device manager to see if any drivers are missing or not working(they will have a yellow ? mark on them.

The only thing i can recommend you at the moment is to run Windows Update to see if any drivers related to your mother board are found,
    if it does and you are lucky Realtek High Definition Audio Driver should show up as well,then install them.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Manufacturer motherboards rarely update drivers to the latest versions, especially for older boards. It's much better to go directly to the manufacturer of the device in question, in this case, to Realtek. Same goes with display drivers etc!

A good place to go for latest drivers is station-drivers. It's a French site, but pretty easy to navigate:
    http://station-drivers.com/

Sometimes even the manufacturer of the chip (Realtek etc) don't have the latest drivers, as they have to pay for WHQL. Sometimes motherboard etc. manufacturers pay for WHQL instead, and then of course there are non-WHQL drivers.

The latest Realtek driver I know about is currently build 7179 (a Realtek 2.74 build). This is provided by Lenovo:
    http://download.lenovo.com/mobilesjp/gia135wj.exe

However, this build only contains Lenovo specific entries. Like Nvidia and AMD display drivers, it can be modded :) (I did it locally). Realistically though, the 7177 drivers would be much more practical and probably almost identical, so download that from station-drivers instead. Build 7177 does not need modding for full support.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014