Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Frontpage news
Frontpage news Perhaps you have some news to report or want to check out the latest Guru3D headlines and comment ? Check it in here.

Battlefield 4 - Second Assault Interview
Old
  (#1)
Hilbert Hagedoorn
Don Vito Corleone

Videocard: AMD | NVIDIA
Processor: Core i7 4770
Mainboard: Z77
Memory: 8GB
Soundcard: X-Fi - GigaWorks 7.1
PSU: 1200 Watt
Default Battlefield 4 - Second Assault Interview - 11-19-2013, 07:46 | posts: 19,612 | Location: Guru3D testlab

Battlefield 4 executive producer Patrick Bach discusses Second Assault, new vehicles, weapons and fan-favourite maps including Gulf of Oman, Operation Firestorm, Caspian Border and Operation Metro. Le...

Battlefield 4 - Second Assault Interview

Old
  (#2)
ReloadAO

Videocard: EVGA 780 SC ACX
Processor: Intel i5-4670K
Mainboard: MSI Z87-GD65
Memory: Kingstone 2666 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair
Default 11-19-2013, 09:28 | posts: 8 | Location: Interwebz

I'm not really eager about new stuff in game as the game alone is crashing like hell, all the time. 4 friends are playing like this but I really cannot and I'll probably return it.

It is fun game, not completed... even tough betta was there all the time....

Don't buy it, wait till it is fixed (you are risking your nerves) or buy CoD.

Old
  (#3)
Black_ice_Spain
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 7850 1gb @ 1120mhz
Processor: 2500K @ 4.4 / 1.28v
Mainboard: Z77P-D3
Memory: 8gb 1600 CL9
Soundcard: Xonar DG
PSU: AC Strike-X 600W
Default 11-19-2013, 11:55 | posts: 4,258 | Location: Spain

for me the game works perfectly ._. (except when server crashes but...) @ textures med, geometry high,SSAO no AA and everything else ultra. No crashes nor anything.

One thing i noticed is that even though my gpu was theoretically stable and never gave me a problem with another games, with BF4 i had to get the clocks a little down (10-20mhz) so I did not have crashes

I must be the only, sometimes you find some non-game breaking bugs, but apart from that...

!!
Old
  (#4)
Veteran
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 690@1267/350 on H20-24/7
Processor: 930@4.0 HT-on-H20-24/7
Mainboard: Asus-P6X58D-Cpu block
Memory: 12 Gb Corsair 1600 (1531)
Soundcard: XonarXense-Sennheiser 350
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
Default !! - 11-19-2013, 12:10 | posts: 9,023 | Location: United kingdom

This DLC looks good, Sort the dam netcode out DICE!!!

Old
  (#5)
steveyc27
Master Guru

Videocard: GigabyteOC 7970 Windforce
Processor: Intel Core i7 4820k, H220
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth X79
Memory: 16GB DDR3 GSkill 14900
Soundcard: X-FI Titanium Fatal1tyPro
PSU: Zalman 850w
Default 11-19-2013, 18:11 | posts: 211

I had crashes, Directx errors, and stuttering at first with BF4. Disabling core parking got rid of the stuttering. I downclocked my gpu by 20 on the core and so far no more directx crashes. I also read on other forms that by setting Origin and BF4 to "run as administrator" would help on crashes, not sure if this fixed anything but so far no more crashes.

Old
  (#6)
TyrantofJustice
Ancient Guru

Videocard: AMD 7850 OC
Processor: 4670k 4.5 1.185v
Mainboard: Gigabyte z87x udh4
Memory: Gskill 2x4 gig 1866
Soundcard: onboard n logitech 2.1
PSU: Corsair 750 cx
Default 11-20-2013, 12:07 | posts: 4,418 | Location: New York

does this add new SP) content or just MP?

Old
  (#7)
mR Yellow
Master Guru

Videocard: Sapphire R9 290 Acel XIII
Processor: Intel i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ CL8
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar DX
PSU: Corsair TX 850W
Default 11-20-2013, 12:31 | posts: 751 | Location: South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantofJustice View Post
does this add new SP) content or just MP?
No, it doesn't.

Old
  (#8)
Violentum
Banned

Videocard: ASUS GTX760 OC
Processor: i5 2500K@4GHz
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z68V-PRO
Memory: 8GB Vengeance DDR3-1600
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar DS+SENNHEISER
PSU: Antec EA500
Default 11-20-2013, 13:03 | posts: 326 | Location: CANADA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_ice_Spain View Post
for me the game works perfectly ._. (except when server crashes but...) @ textures med, geometry high,SSAO no AA and everything else ultra. No crashes nor anything.

One thing i noticed is that even though my gpu was theoretically stable and never gave me a problem with another games, with BF4 i had to get the clocks a little down (10-20mhz) so I did not have crashes

I must be the only, sometimes you find some non-game breaking bugs, but apart from that...
It is a proven fact that in "real "world gaming the games determine the stability of your system and not some 3rd party stress test like IBT or Prime95Your above post just backs this up really. When you really think about it each game stresses your hardware differently. The Frostbite 3 game engine will stress your GPU different then the Frostbite 2 engine. Stress tests are never fully able to simulate this fact. All it proves is under the IBT or Prime conditions burn your CPU out for 6 or so hours would be stable for "that" environment. Then you turn around 15 minutes later and fire up BF4 only to crash in the first 5 minutes...

This is the main reason why I only ever modestly overclock my hardware. Maybe this explains why I am one of the ones on this forum that very rarely have game problems? I honestly can not remember the last time I had a game problem related to my OC....

Old
  (#9)
Corrupt^
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Geforce GTX770 - G2773HS
Processor: Core i7 2600K 4.5Ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte P67-UD4-B3
Memory: Corsair DDR3 16GB 1600
Soundcard: Essence ST - Sennh. HD650
PSU: Antec Truepower 850W
Default 11-20-2013, 15:44 | posts: 5,096 | Location: Belgium

Seriously...

Prime is for testing the CPU not the GPU, if his GPU OC was unstable no way in hell prime would show it. Prime and other tools are still way better to test CPU's as games will never stress a CPU that far.

Coincidentally, if a CPU oc is mildly unstable in a game (crash to desktop and what not), the odds are it will be alot more unstable (bsod, ...) in Prime and other testing tools.

Considering his Graphics Processing Unit was unstable it makes sense to test with something graphical, which only leaves us benchmarks and games.

Test the right parts with the right tools.

The only reason why 3rd party tools might not be usefull at GPU stress testing these days, is because they simply don't stress the GPU ENOUGH compared to newer games such as BF, Metro, ...

Last edited by Corrupt^; 11-20-2013 at 15:47.

Old
  (#10)
Veteran
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 690@1267/350 on H20-24/7
Processor: 930@4.0 HT-on-H20-24/7
Mainboard: Asus-P6X58D-Cpu block
Memory: 12 Gb Corsair 1600 (1531)
Soundcard: XonarXense-Sennheiser 350
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
Default 11-20-2013, 23:29 | posts: 9,023 | Location: United kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt^ View Post
Seriously...

Prime is for testing the CPU not the GPU, if his GPU OC was unstable no way in hell prime would show it. Prime and other tools are still way better to test CPU's as games will never stress a CPU that far.

Coincidentally, if a CPU oc is mildly unstable in a game (crash to desktop and what not), the odds are it will be alot more unstable (bsod, ...) in Prime and other testing tools.

Considering his Graphics Processing Unit was unstable it makes sense to test with something graphical, which only leaves us benchmarks and games.

Test the right parts with the right tools.

The only reason why 3rd party tools might not be usefull at GPU stress testing these days, is because they simply don't stress the GPU ENOUGH compared to newer games such as BF, Metro, ...
Corrupt your wasting your time and energy, there is no point.