Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Frontpage news
Frontpage news Perhaps you have some news to report or want to check out the latest Guru3D headlines and comment ? Check it in here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
CoD: Ghosts Native 1080p on PS4, 720p on Xbox One?
Old
  (#1)
Hilbert Hagedoorn
Don Vito Corleone
 
Hilbert Hagedoorn's Avatar
 
Videocard: AMD | NVIDIA
Processor: Core i7 4770K
Mainboard: Z77
Memory: 8GB
Soundcard: X-Fi - GigaWorks 7.1
PSU: 1200 Watt
Default CoD: Ghosts Native 1080p on PS4, 720p on Xbox One? - 10-29-2013, 07:32 | posts: 20,811 | Location: Guru3D testlab

it is reported that that Call of Duty: Ghosts will run native 1080p on PlayStation 4 and upscaled 720p on Xbox One.Multiple sources from around the web report that while Call of Duty: Ghosts has been ...

CoD: Ghosts Native 1080p on PS4, 720p on Xbox One?
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#2)
xafier
Maha Guru
 
xafier's Avatar
 
Videocard: 7950 @ 1Ghz
Processor: 2500k @ 4.5Ghz
Mainboard:
Memory: 8Gb 1600mhz
Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX
PSU: Antec EcoWatt 620w
Default 10-29-2013, 08:35 | posts: 811 | Location: Sheffield, England

This is why if I do get one of the consoles it will be the PS4 Although I'm holding out hope that a lot more games will be out for the PC and in better quality than previously.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
Darren Hodgson
Ancient Guru
 
Darren Hodgson's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 780
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 Deluxe
Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng 1600MHz
Soundcard: SB X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: XFX Pro B.E. 850W
Default 10-29-2013, 08:44 | posts: 11,710 | Location: England

I suspect this will be true because Battlefield 4 is only running at 720p on the XBO but 900p on the PS4 as revealed here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ce-off-preview
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
kosh_neranek
Master Guru
 
kosh_neranek's Avatar
 
Videocard: SLI MSi GTX 660Ti PE@1190
Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K @ 4.8
Mainboard: ASUS P9X79 Deluxe
Memory: 16 GB 2133MHZ G.Skill
Soundcard: TRITTON 720+
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default 10-29-2013, 08:53 | posts: 205 | Location: Dublin

I believe that nobody from this forum should be surprised by this. PS4s GPU has way more shaders than Xbone's. The only sad thing about it is that "NextGen" consoles are so crappy that they can't even run this years AAA titles in all glamour. EPIC FAIL!!! Wonder what consolists are gonna say about 4K when it comes PC wins again!!!
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#5)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru
 
(.)(.)'s Avatar
 
Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 10-29-2013, 09:01 | posts: 4,690 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

As it currently is, i dont see the point or any games worth the price it costs to run in 4k res, let alone 1080p on the pc.

I think Metro LL, STALKER, Max Payne 3 and Crysis 1 have been the only games that have so far justified the total cost i payed for building my pc as far as games, gfx and gameplay go.

Wont be upgrading for awhile yet and will most likely skip Maxwell or the AMD equivalent.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
warlord
Master Guru
 
warlord's Avatar
 
Videocard: amd 7850 cf
Processor: i7 3770k @4.8 HT
Mainboard: Msi Mpower Z77
Memory: 32gb ddr3 geil evo
Soundcard: creative
PSU: ax1200i corsair
Default 10-29-2013, 09:02 | posts: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh_neranek View Post
I believe that nobody from this forum should be surprised by this. PS4s GPU has way more shaders than Xbone's. The only sad thing about it is that "NextGen" consoles are so crappy that they can't even run this years AAA titles in all glamour. EPIC FAIL!!! Wonder what consolists are gonna say about 4K when it comes PC wins again!!!
who cares? you can enjoy gaming with less than 1k $ both console and led tv, but for PC you need 2k or more to feel the same experience
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
WhiteLightning
Ancient Guru
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780GTX ACX
Processor: i7-2600k HT @ 4.5 +H70 PP
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt
Default 10-29-2013, 09:02 | posts: 23,391 | Location: Hoek van Holland, Netherlands

PC is never in competition with consoles. Some people keep bringing this up though to feel special i guess.
The eurogamer article has a 8350 processor and 7970 in CFX while in the console everything is embedded.
4K is years away (we need way better gpus, and TV's and monitors are way to expensive to become mainstream) , and they already stated consoles will never run 4k in games only movies.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru
 
(.)(.)'s Avatar
 
Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 10-29-2013, 09:03 | posts: 4,690 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord View Post
who cares? you can enjoy gaming with less than 1k $ both console and led tv, but for PC you need 2k or more to feel the same experience
Agreed,
Uncharted and other PS3 exclusives were some of the most amazing games i've ever had the pleasure of playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning View Post
PC is never in competition with consoles. Some people keep bringing this up though to feel special i guess.
The eurogamer article has a 8350 processor and 7970 in CFX while in the console everything is embedded.
4K is years away (we need way better gpus, and TV's and monitors are way to expensive to become mainstream) , and they already stated consoles will never run 4k in games only movies.
For me, the only comparison is in the games and their actual gameplay. as mentioned above by myself, the Uncharted series is damn near better than anything PC specific that I've ever played. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are up there also.

Last edited by (.)(.); 10-29-2013 at 09:07.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
WhiteLightning
Ancient Guru
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780GTX ACX
Processor: i7-2600k HT @ 4.5 +H70 PP
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt
Default 10-29-2013, 09:11 | posts: 23,391 | Location: Hoek van Holland, Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by (.)(.) View Post
For me, the only comparison is in the games and their actual gameplay. as mentioned above by myself, the Uncharted series is damn near better than anything PC specific that I've ever played. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are up there also.
Yeah those are top exclusive titles. tbh the most fun i have with games on PC are all multiplatform these days.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru
 
(.)(.)'s Avatar
 
Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 10-29-2013, 09:16 | posts: 4,690 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

Would be nice if we could get a port of Bad Company 1 for the pc, if only for the sake of a higher fps and res.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#11)
huilun02
Master Guru
 
huilun02's Avatar
 
Videocard: Sapphire HD 7950 Boost OC
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570k
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77 G1 Sniper M3
Memory: Corsair Veng 1600MHz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard Creative Recon3Di
PSU: Seasonic X 650W Gold
Default 10-29-2013, 09:27 | posts: 161 | Location: Singapore

I think it's funny, a Call of Duty game making a 'next gen' console look like the world's fastest EOL product.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru
 
(.)(.)'s Avatar
 
Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 10-29-2013, 09:30 | posts: 4,690 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

^^lol,.

Well at least things can only go 'up' from here... right.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
])rStrangelove
Ancient Guru
 
])rStrangelove's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
Processor: Intel i7-2600k@4.3
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3
Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: AsusXonar D2X
PSU: BeQuiet! DarkPowerPro750W
Default 10-29-2013, 09:31 | posts: 3,620 | Location: Northcoast of Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by (.)(.) View Post
Would be nice if we could get a port of Bad Company 1 for the pc, if only for the sake of a higher fps and res.
^^THIS! BC1 was the best BF title ever - perfect action, sounds, funny dialogs and open landscapes.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru
 
(.)(.)'s Avatar
 
Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 10-29-2013, 09:33 | posts: 4,690 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ])rStrangelove View Post
^^THIS! BC1 was the best BF title ever - perfect action, sounds, funny dialogs and open landscapes.
I love the music, the menu song more so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4uWbhTXTHg - kick back with a drink.

To me, BC1 has always given me a vibe of a mix of Pixar animation's type erm.. blue skies, pure white clouds and green grass, mixed with the open fields and darker tone of that movie.... the one where the guy is in love with his rifle, an old movie.. cant remember the name.

Last edited by (.)(.); 10-29-2013 at 09:38.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
])rStrangelove
Ancient Guru
 
])rStrangelove's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
Processor: Intel i7-2600k@4.3
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3
Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: AsusXonar D2X
PSU: BeQuiet! DarkPowerPro750W
Default 10-29-2013, 09:41 | posts: 3,620 | Location: Northcoast of Germany

Ah the memories...

"Will you cut that yes sir no sir crap - i'm a sgt. not the god damn president"

"Ok sorry Sir!"

   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#16)
Exodite
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: Gigabyte 6950 2GB @ Stock
Processor: Intel i7 2600K @ 1.15V
Mainboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro B3
Memory: 8GB Kingston PC10600
Soundcard: Realtek 892
PSU: Seasonic SS-460FL
Default 10-29-2013, 09:44 | posts: 1,652 | Location: LuleŚ, Sweden

The "next-generation" consoles aren't even released yet and we already have games not able to run at native resolution (that's to say 1080p for most TVs)?

"Epic fail" doesn't even begin to describe it.

Granted, personally I don't care and I tend to stay far away from any threads debating the merits of consoles because I'm just not a console player. That said it's beyond sad to see the "next-gen" crimped before even being released.

Especially so since resolution scaling, IMHO, represents the worst possible visual compromise on modern displays. I'd rather run native without AA and/or at lower detail levels.

YMMV.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#17)
])rStrangelove
Ancient Guru
 
])rStrangelove's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
Processor: Intel i7-2600k@4.3
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3
Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: AsusXonar D2X
PSU: BeQuiet! DarkPowerPro750W
Default 10-29-2013, 09:45 | posts: 3,620 | Location: Northcoast of Germany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kbRAIqxo#t=335
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru
 
(.)(.)'s Avatar
 
Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 10-29-2013, 09:47 | posts: 4,690 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodite View Post
The "next-generation" consoles aren't even released yet and we already have games not able to run at native resolution (that's to say 1080p for most TVs)?

"Epic fail" doesn't even begin to describe it.

Granted, personally I don't care and I tend to stay far away from any threads debating the merits of consoles because I'm just not a console player. That said it's beyond sad to see the "next-gen" crimped before even being released.

Especially so since resolution scaling, IMHO, represents the worst possible visual compromise on modern displays. I'd rather run native without AA and/or at lower detail levels.

YMMV.
Turn around silly billy, your walking backwards.

As per normal.. when console first come out, the dev either havent had the time or the knowledge of the hardware to get the most out of it, look at the launch titles for the ps3 and 360 and then look at their swansongs.

GTA5 is a perfect example of this.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#19)
kapu
Ancient Guru
 
kapu's Avatar
 
Videocard: Gigabyte HD7970 GHz TOP
Processor: Intel i5 750 @ 4.0 /1.38v
Mainboard: Asus P7P55D
Memory: GoodRAM 8GB , 1600 MHz
Soundcard: X-Fi Gamer|Siberia V2
PSU: Be Quiet! E9 680W
Default 10-29-2013, 09:49 | posts: 3,648 | Location: Poland

PS3 was true next gen when it came out, PS4 is and upgrade, there is no real jump in here.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#20)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru
 
(.)(.)'s Avatar
 
Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 10-29-2013, 09:50 | posts: 4,690 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

I dont know Kapu, look at Kz 2, then look at KZ4. Quite a jump imo.

When was the last time you saw a jump on the pc that even slightly resembles the ps3 - ps4.

Far Cy to Crysis 1?



Quote:
Originally Posted by ])rStrangelove View Post
Yep, looks like im giving this another playthrough this weekend.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#21)
WhiteLightning
Ancient Guru
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780GTX ACX
Processor: i7-2600k HT @ 4.5 +H70 PP
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt
Default 10-29-2013, 09:51 | posts: 23,391 | Location: Hoek van Holland, Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapu View Post
PS3 was true next gen when it came out, PS4 is and upgrade, there is no real jump in here.
i think killzone shadowfall looks quite a lot better then killzone 3 , have you played them yet ?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#22)
kapu
Ancient Guru
 
kapu's Avatar
 
Videocard: Gigabyte HD7970 GHz TOP
Processor: Intel i5 750 @ 4.0 /1.38v
Mainboard: Asus P7P55D
Memory: GoodRAM 8GB , 1600 MHz
Soundcard: X-Fi Gamer|Siberia V2
PSU: Be Quiet! E9 680W
Default 10-29-2013, 09:57 | posts: 3,648 | Location: Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning View Post
i think killzone shadowfall looks quite a lot better then killzone 3 , have you played them yet ?
I was thinking about hardware side, graphics are improved , but only to some point.

My point is that this hardware is not future proof compared to how PS3 was.

PS3 was a monster at the moment it was released.
PS4 is just low end PC.

New Console should run BF4 maxed out 1080p@60FPS.
From what we know , its far from that.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#23)
Exodite
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: Gigabyte 6950 2GB @ Stock
Processor: Intel i7 2600K @ 1.15V
Mainboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro B3
Memory: 8GB Kingston PC10600
Soundcard: Realtek 892
PSU: Seasonic SS-460FL
Default 10-29-2013, 09:58 | posts: 1,652 | Location: LuleŚ, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by (.)(.) View Post
As per normal.. when console first come out, the dev either havent had the time or the knowledge of the hardware to get the most out of it, look at the launch titles for the ps3 and 360 and then look at their swansongs.
Sure, developers will get more adept at optimizing for the underlying hardware as they get more experience with the platform.

Perhaps less so with this generation than before, as there are fewer "exotic" elements to the hardware and more off-the-shelf parts - which is a good thing, generally speaking.

That's beside the point though, as the implication here is that the hardware is severely constrained for native play even before being released to market.

If I were to buy a console at the end of 2013, or during the rest of the decade for that matter, the bare minimum requirement would mandate 1080p/60fps gameplay.

If I can't even get that on release day, what's the point?

Like I said YMMV but for me that's just terrible beyond words.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#24)
WhiteLightning
Ancient Guru
 
WhiteLightning's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780GTX ACX
Processor: i7-2600k HT @ 4.5 +H70 PP
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 GAMING
Memory: Gskill 2133Mhz 8GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt
Default 10-29-2013, 10:04 | posts: 23,391 | Location: Hoek van Holland, Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapu View Post
I was thinking about hardware side, graphics are improved , but only to some point.

My point is that this hardware is not future proof compared to how PS3 was.

PS3 was a monster at the moment it was released.
PS4 is just low end PC.

New Console should run BF4 maxed out 1080p@60FPS.
From what we know , its far from that.
PS3 wasnt a monster at all. the gpu was comparable to a 7800 while we were already playing on 8800's.
consoles can never keep up with pc technology , especially when they want to fit all of that into a tiny box.

GTA5 looks stunning on current ps3 and ill bet you GTA7 or whatever version is released at the end of the console will also look stunning and not dated at all.
the first games released always look bad. ps3 list > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_launch
nothing special when i look at that list and could sound like little updates from ps2 versions.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#25)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru
 
(.)(.)'s Avatar
 
Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 10-29-2013, 10:11 | posts: 4,690 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodite View Post
Sure, developers will get more adept at optimizing for the underlying hardware as they get more experience with the platform.

Perhaps less so with this generation than before, as there are fewer "exotic" elements to the hardware and more off-the-shelf parts - which is a good thing, generally speaking.

That's beside the point though, as the implication here is that the hardware is severely constrained for native play even before being released to market.

If I were to buy a console at the end of 2013, or during the rest of the decade for that matter, the bare minimum requirement would mandate 1080p/60fps gameplay.

If I can't even get that on release day, what's the point?

Like I said YMMV but for me that's just terrible beyond words.
I agree to somewhat, mostly about the part i've bolded.
Imo, this should have been the norm a longtime ago, again, imo, i think the fact that the majority of gaming is still being done in 720p is a bit embarrassing.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.