MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 16(2013-10-25)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 25, 2013.

1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Hi guys, the Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 16 is ready for you to download. this version supports the control of NVIDIA and AMD graphics card, if you get the card, you may try to play it.

Change note:
    • Added prerecording support to video capture engine. Two different prerecording modes are available to the client applications:
    o Prerecord to a temporary file. This mode suits best for prerecording long videos (e.g. 10 minutes or more of H.264 video)
    or for prerecording videos with low compression ratio (e.g. lossless Lagarith video)
    o Prerecord to RAM. This mode suits best for prerecording short videos (e.g. a couple minutes of H.264 video) and it
    provides a bit better performance than prerecord to file. Also, unlike prerecord to file, prerecord to RAM minimizes
    writes so it can increase the lifetime of SSD if you plan to use the prerecording frequently
    • Improved muxer architecture with better extendibility makes it much easier to add new video containers support in future versions
    • Fixed incorrect minutes being shown in video capture timer in On-Screen Display for videos longer than 1 hour
    • Updated profiles list

Download link:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/msi_afterburner_beta_download.html

2. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    Thank you!

3. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks as always Alex! Very nice new feature (pre-recording)

Cheers!

4. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080
    Thank you Master!

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    What's the unofficial EULA sentence again ?

Im still having problems with core clock resetting to stock every time I OC it even with the unofficial check box checked

Don't think it's AB causing the problem, it's only started since installing the latest beta drivers

EDIT - scrap that - seems AB just refuses 1250MHz - any other clock is fine

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  6. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Thanks.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There are zero changes in anything but video prerecording implementation between the betas. I'd like to focus on it testing real changes only, sorry.

8. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    So with the prerecording I hit the key to start it and to save do I hit that same key again and do I have to hit it again to start again?

9. Unwinder

Typical prerecording usage scenario is explained here.

10. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio 4090 W/C
    Thanks

11. edison

edison Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX680
    Will MSI AB support AMD Mantle API ?

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Try the 7xxx BIOS editor from that guy over at TPU - it's pretty cool....

You can increase clocks/voltage - even TDP and still keep PowerPlay.

13. Ilya

Ilya Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI @ 1200/7000
    the gpu synchronization seems to be broken.

My secodnary card would stay at stock until I manually set it to same clock as first one

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  14. Unwinder

Guys, don't spam this thread with issues unrelated to new beta PLEASE. The only changes in B16 are related to prerecording feature. I'd like to test this instead of commenting unofficial OC EULA, GPU sync mode specifics (which is available inside the tool and didn't change for YEARS) etc etc.

15. Unwinder

Yes, if it is physically possible to hook it.

16. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    having issues with prerecording

any video after the first video i record saves but is only showing a black screen (media player classic home cinema) only plays audio. sometimes it will show a second of video but the audio and video is not synced. try to use hanbrake to encode, does not recognize the file when dragging and dropping.

so here are the steps if you are confused

i open up (call of duty black ops 2 mp) right when i got into the game pressed my key to start pre-recording. and i just let that ran for about 5 minutes. then pressed my regular start recording key and let that run for a second wanted to kill some dude first, then pressed the record key to end the video. right when i hit that its back to buf and spining recording icon. and this is were the issue happens. if i press the regular record key again then stop it. that video file and any other video after is just black. nothing. first video is fine.

what can be the cause of this.

17. Mac.Sniper_E.

Mac.Sniper_E. Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX670-dc2-2gd5 (OC)
    Nice!
    I'm looking forward to beta 99 with 128bit support :)

18. Unwinder

I think I've faced the same issue yesterday. Sometimes when pre-recorded video is saved once the buffer may be appended by remaining portions of audio after saving is done so next prerecording may get corrupted with portions of audio belonging to previous recording and having negative timestamps. You may verify if you are affected by the same issue by disabling audio capture in Afterburner. In this case then the second and all subsequent pre-recordings should be fine.

19. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW

hmm disabled all audio capture in afterburner and same issue. :( though the video playback shows movie moving video than a black screen or a fixed image. :/

not sure if it has something to do with having sweetfx enabled. let me try a game that i dont have sweetfx in.

also i use x264vfw to record. not sure if that also can cause this.

20. Unwinder

Try MJPG instead.