DICE Claims That 15+ Titles Will Support Mantle

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ICE's Johan "repi" Andersson revealed via a Twitter response that there are over 15 titles in development that will utilize not only Frostbite but also the upcoming Mantle technology reve...

DICE Claims That 15+ Titles Will Support Mantle

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Well that's good to know. Since Dragon Age 3 will be using Frostbite 3, i'm wondering if it'll be able to use Mantle as well.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yeah this is great news, let's see NVidia's response, 15+ upcoming games with PhysX support? :p

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    mantle developed via frostbite 3 so no wonder... i think nvidia stat look to their NVAPI which was before mantle and improve it, or they do something else. i know nvidia won't just sit and let AMD have the ball on those games.

5. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    imo those games are now heavy amd titles, so I expect some heavy NVidia titles now, like batman AO for ex.

hope NVidia don't spend so much time with bf4 like they done with bf3.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Mantle's benefits interest me way more than Nvidia's physx crap tbh. Just looks so tacked on and last minute.

7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    just as well it's able to be disabled then eh?

PhysX in metro ll rocks, methinks batman will be same, perhaps COD will have some nice PhysX STUFF TOO.
    this is just my opinion of course.
    I'll start caring about mantle when it adds something to the game apart from some extra fps.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The extra fps is what i find to be most important in an industry that likes to add more effects than what current hardware has the ability to render at decent fps, especially when said effects are so minor and dont really add anything to the game. 'Watch as batmans cape makes the fog go Woosh and his foot makes footprints' crowd goes wild.

also, just my opinion.

I remember when playing racing games of old (Rally Sport Challenge 2 on xbox 1 for eg) and thinking nothing of it when mud was being flung around, fast forward to 2013 and something like that is now considered a feature.. that needs to be tessellated, of all things.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    yep it seems games gonna be divided between AMD and nvidia, i nvidia new hboa+ implent in driver is very good, in sc2 that make nukes look sooo good :D
    Physx is one of the best thing when done right(Batman series, metro, borderlands 2), though physx 3.3 have good cpu gpu optimization so i hope new gen games gonna use it(not the current batman origin and others...)

I like nvidia way better than AMD, and that coming for a guy that from 2006-2012 had only AMD card and hated nvidia and physx :D

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I've yet too see hbao+ but look forwards to it, and I personally love the physx in BL2 but feel best not to use it as a nice example cause on occasion one could say it does indeed look tacked on, metro ll however ..throw a nade! :D

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Alright, Metro LL was awesome with Physx.

12. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Likewise. But it doesn't look like there is any other benefit.

I'm happy as long as things work with smooth performance and at nice fps with max settings (minus some AA possibly). Don't care about a few more fps if things are already 80+.

13. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah, it added a lot to the game imo.

14. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I want mantle to be awesome a real game changer I can't use it but bring on the competition.

Healthy competition there can only be winners

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    If amd want to change the game then make TressFX amd exclusive, or create another effect as good as TressFX an exclusive. if I want more fps I OC.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This, not to mention that the known titles that will support Mantle are for the most part highly anticipated AAA games which I will definitely get.

I had nvidia cards since my last Radeon which was a 9800 Pro and I can honestly say that I can live without physix, other than Mafia 2 and Borderlands 2 I cannot remember a game that I really liked that used it...

17. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    if mantle is going to be any good like they want it to be then AMD will win hands down. and i like the idea of it being built into frostbit 3. Good work Dice. Just shows that Dice is one of the best gaming companies out there. it's just a shame they have to deal with EA.

18. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    By the time those 15+ titles are out, 20nm hardware will be out, so Mantle may only be enough to let AMD keep up with nVidia's Maxwell in those titles. We're going to have to wait and see...at least 290X is showing some real potential until 20nm arrives.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    If mantle is anything like glide, it could have some extra gfx goodness to go with it. remember in the days of 3Dfx (was the last time I ran multi gpu setup, late 90s lol) glide offered more than Direct3D not just by performance increase, but also improved graphics. We shall see, pretty exciting in the gpu wars atm I think.

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yeah it's a great time, Batman + BF4, green vs red hehe, new cards etc. feels good being part of it all. :)