Asus Xonar U7 HD 7.1

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by RagDoll_Effect, Oct 23, 2013.

1. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  2. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Can't wait to hear your impressions

3. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Thanks, How's your gear going? Don't you just think audio is brilliant, it's an expensive, time consuming hobby and a forever learning experience. However, us audio nut's understand audio electronics, which is really something that we can keep forever. Even when I'm 90 if I live that long, I know I will still luv audio and music, including soundtracks for movies, because 50% of movie brilliance is sound... :) Back on topic, the U7 is going to be awesome, I can't wait :) I will post a review soon.

regards,
    RagDoll.

4. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Yea music last forever, and I figure in this day and age , when most people get their music for free....why not have a killer system. When you listen to a lot of music it is well worth it in my opinion.

It is an expensive hobby, and the journey to find what sound that suits you best can take awhile....but the journey is also a great experience.

I am really loving my current set-up, and I have just purchased a Sylvania triple mica black plate tube for my new amp......should be here this coming week some time. my current amp and phones is the best synergy that I have come across so far.

I am looking forward to hearing about Asus Xonar U7.....I will wait patiently :)

5. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Cool, With your setup, even the finest details in music reproduction can be heard I'm sure. Isn't it funny and at the same time rewarding that when we get new gear, sound improves and more sound,even things we couldn't hear before in the same music, is then noticable. Always amazes me, and I was listening to an SACD of mine and my fav, a DVD audio called Slowhand - Eric Clapton is just amazing sound quality :) This is on my ONKYO Universal DVD /SACD player

regards,
    RagDoll.

6. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I absolutely agree....songs you have listened too for 25 years just come to life and you hear things you never did previously.

I love Clapton....I can listen to his guitar for hours at a time.

Sounds like a great system you have.

7. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    [​IMG]

Well, I've got it :) And the verdict is, it's phenomenal :)

I also bought some nice gold plated cables to go with it, currently listening to Metallica... incredible, hearing things that were previously not there, well were there but unnoticeable...

I'm still going to listen more and write a longer review soon, got some more testing to do. :)

cheers,
    RagDoll.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  8. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Aw man, great....hurry up...I wanna know more :p

I bet Enter Sandman sounds great!

It looks fairly small too.

9. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    ASUS Xonar U7 Review :

[​IMG]

Sound Quality : It's really just that much better than onboard sound quality that it's funny. The crisp, clear sound, whether it be used for music or movies is brilliant. I haven't tried it with games yet, but I'm sure it's pretty decent. There is no muddyness to the bass, even with the same equipment I was using. It's just clean, crisp bass. Mids are not harsh, and highs are brillaint, but not too bright.

Value : You're not gonna find a better DAC type soundcard for the price anywhere near the sound quality of this unit.

Overall : 2 words, bloody fantastic :):):)

only one small thing is that there is a bit of usb port noise at high volume on some systems. I suggest a usb extension port which is a great help :)

9/10 Guru3D stars.

regards
    RagDoll.

10. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Very nice.

Sounds like they nailed it, with this unit.

11. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I want this thing but can't find it for sale anywhere. Anyone know where I can order? RagDoll? Anyone?? Thanks all.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That's because the U7 wasn't released to the US market. You might be able to import it though.

13. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
  14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That seller is based in Hong Kong. I have purchased stuff from them before through Amazon.

15. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    If I were to order from Amazon,would you know how much Duty etc. will end up costing? If it's not TOO high,I can order two of them. One for my wife also. Thanks my friend.

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm not sure. The last thing I bought from them, the Duty was included in the shipping price.

17. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    How about a release date for North America? Can't find any info anywhere. I may have to pay duty etc. through Amazon.com. I don't think it can be THAT much for duty. I've pissed away money on lesser stuff before so this shouldn't be too bad. I hope.

18. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
  19. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Thanks RagDoll. I think I'll have to wait for a Canadian release. I flat out don't trust Ebay. It's a bit strange that Asus has not released this card to one of it's biggest markets. And,so close to Xmas. Thanks again.

20. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Welcome. I always thought they would release products for America and Canada first... Seems silly to me, I agree :(

Ebay is cool imo but I understand being weary. If you pay through Paypal, there is insurance though.

regards,
    Ragdoll.