Nvidia Outs Call of Duty: Ghosts System Specs and they are HEAVY

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    the minimum requirements for processor and graphics card aren't bad....but how many people with the old Core 2 Duo processors actually have 6GB or more of ram? Nice to see game studios starting to push 64bit now though.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    That's going to be a fair chunk of the PC CoD community left unhappy.

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    More or less silly when you look at bf4 requirements these are bit over the top for a game like ghosts -.-

5. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    We all know it'll be maxed out on 4 year old hardware, Nvidia recommends a 780 for obvious reasons but they probably just say that cause you need the Vram for MSAA.

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No COD is using a heavily optimized graphics engine in this round. This should be really good. Just have a peek at some of the screenshots in the news item.

7. omnimodis78

omnimodis78 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080FTW
    Holy...50GB!? That must be a first in gaming history!

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    50GB hdd space will be mostly taken up by the single player and 780 is for all the fancy PC exclusive stuff but 6GB RAM? :p I was expecting 3 or 4 but damn .. 6? Definitely going for 16GB in my next build.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Gotta do something to boost hardware/pc sales...and this will do it for a lot of CoD fans....

That makes WoW look small at 24.5GB....

10. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    Very cool stuff!

11. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    I think this would run fine on 7850HD/GTX660 on maximum setting without heavy aa and "THE PHYSX".

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Oh great, this game is probably going to be the worst yet. I thought Oblivion had way too much time spent on minor details and graphics, but I'm sure this game is nothing but that. I'm sure this game can be beaten in 4 hours.

Kind of funny how optical discs could have a comeback. While I do have a 64GB SSD and a 500GB RAID 0 setup, I'd rather let a blu-ray disc keep all the content if games this size are to be the norm.

On that note, for PC games that required a disc to run, I never understood why they weren't used to load (live) some in-game content, such as music or cutscenes. Both of those take up a considerable amount of disk space but can easily be loaded from an optical disc without slowing down the game. If anything, doing this would improve load speeds, since it's 1 less thing for the HDD to be working on.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  13. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    50 gb no way.... this is bigger then max payne 3 and conan

14. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    That recommended GPU, clearly this time round they're featuring tesselated, gpu physics driven fully rendered fur on the dog.

15. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    It will come in a blu ray disc or what?

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    True enough. Although it might have the adverse effect of making a chunk switch to the new consoles.

Some did.

17. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 980 Ti
    The requirements were actually released by nVidia, so I would take the recommended GPU being a GTX 780 with a huge spoonful of salt. This is COD after all I'm sure those "Next Gen" fish don't require a GTX 780 lol.

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    True. Can't really blame them though. You can buy a console cheaper than a GTX780....or a complete mid-range computer.

19. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    BS from Nvidia that is all.

20. David3k

David3k Member Guru

GPU:
    Graphics Processing Unit
    TXAA at all levels looks considerably worse than SMAA T2x at greater performance impact, and SMAA 4x looks much better than TXAA at similar cost.

Despite SMAA T2x being free for anyone to implement (they just ask for the named credit for the use of it, I think) TXAA has a GPU company backing it (despite the fact that SMAA performs better on even their own GPUs), pushing for studios to use it.

FXAA is nice, despite being a little blurry, because it has minimal performance cost, while SMAA 1x Medium looks much sharper and cleaner at the same time for only minimally more costly than FXAA. FXAA is figuratively the free PPAA technique.

I have not seen a single comparison of TXAA and SMAA T2x/S2x/4x that has TXAA coming out on top.

So, overall, it really is a huge shame that SMAA isn't getting more visibility, despite the fact that it is an amazing AA filter at every level.