Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - AMD - ATI
Videocards - AMD - ATI AMD Radeon graphics cards. Do you have one or want to buy one? Use this forum to discuss anything concerning products using Radeon graphics cards, CrossFireX, from Radeon 9800 to HD 6900

Radeon hd 6770 ddr3 flash
Old
  (#1)
Savidge

Videocard: Radeon HD 7950 crossfire
Processor: Core i5 2500k @4.8ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte z77x-UD4H
Memory: 8gb Corsair Vengeance
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Recon3d
PSU: Corsair hx850
Default Radeon hd 6770 ddr3 flash - 09-24-2013, 22:52 | posts: 32 | Location: Iowa

I picked up a 6770 ddr3 from a RMA i did with xfx a while back from a 8800 gts 512 i sent in. XFX however has locked the core clock to 875mhz. Anytime i try and OC more than that with AB (by checking unofficial OC mode) it'll just cancel itself out and return to defaults instead. I've been reading up on it and it should be able to do 900-950mhz no problem. what i want to know is, would it be possible to flash the 6770 ddr3 bios with a reference version? I know that would be for a gddr5 card, but I've also read somewhere that it doesn't matter what type of ram is on it and that the bios will compensate for the different ram because the cards allowed either or. I don't care about voiding warranties and all that jazz (lol) I figured id get some advice from you guys first before I attempt it. I've flashed many cards with modded bios before so I'm pretty experienced with it and know how to deal with things going wrong.
so.. should I give it a shot?

Old
  (#2)
latigiDuck

Videocard: 2x XFX DD 7970
Processor: Intel i5 4670k
Mainboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3
Memory: DDR3 1333 10 GB
Soundcard:
PSU: XFX 850W Black Edition
Default 09-25-2013, 02:51 | posts: 5

Use one of these instead?