Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Frontpage news
Frontpage news Perhaps you have some news to report or want to check out the latest Guru3D headlines and comment ? Check it in here.

Razer Ouroboros Gaming Mouse
Old
  (#1)
Hilbert Hagedoorn
Don Vito Corleone

Videocard: AMD | NVIDIA
Processor: Core i7 4770K
Mainboard: Z77
Memory: 8GB
Soundcard: X-Fi - GigaWorks 7.1
PSU: 1200 Watt
Default Razer Ouroboros Gaming Mouse - 08-28-2013, 08:20 | posts: 21,306 | Location: Guru3D testlab

Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems, announced the availability for sale in North America of the award-winning Razer Ouroboros gaming mouse. The Razer Our...

Razer Ouroboros Gaming Mouse

Old
  (#2)
Ven0m
Maha Guru

Videocard: ASUS GTX 680 D2CU TOP
Processor: i7 920 @ 4GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Rampage II Extreme
Memory: 12GB Patriot Viper
Soundcard: Xonar D2X>Custom amp>K712
PSU: Seasonic M12D 850W
Default 08-28-2013, 10:21 | posts: 1,488 | Location: Warsaw, Poland

They announced this mouse so long time ago. I'm surprised that it hasn't been available before. The time before showing the product and letting people buy it is way too long as they just wait and wait, waste time on tracking updates and don't buy the products that are already available.

I haven't been waiting for Ouroboros, as I'm already pretty satisfied with my Mamba 2012 & Orochi 2013, but waiting for Roccat Ryos is driving me nuts.

Old
  (#3)
Enticles
Member Guru

Videocard: Sapphire Radeon 7970 3GB
Processor: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5Ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte-UD3-990FX
Memory: DDR3 32GB 1866mhz
Soundcard: Logitech G35 Headset
PSU: Corsair M600
Default 08-28-2013, 16:11 | posts: 71 | Location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
They announced this mouse so long time ago. I'm surprised that it hasn't been available before. The time before showing the product and letting people buy it is way too long as they just wait and wait, waste time on tracking updates and don't buy the products that are already available.

I haven't been waiting for Ouroboros, as I'm already pretty satisfied with my Mamba 2012 & Orochi 2013, but waiting for Roccat Ryos is driving me nuts.
i completely agree, i have a razer mamba 2012 as well and i still hold it in high regard. I had to RMA my first one over the profile switching buttons coming loose but the second one has been rock solid.

I did consider upgrading to this when it became available, but couldn't get over the ridiculous pricetag for next-to-no improvements on the mouse, you're just paying for the ability to have a more comfortable feeling mouse.

I would only consider the Ouroboros in the event that my mamba 2012 broke outside of its warranty period - and i still wanted a decent wireless mouse.

Old
  (#4)
thefan1024

Videocard: asusdirectcu2 gtx660ti2gb
Processor: i5 3570k
Mainboard: asus p8z77
Memory: corsair vengenace 16gb
Soundcard: sbxfi + edifier r451
PSU: nzxt 750watts
Default 08-28-2013, 17:58 | posts: 3 | Location: Argentina

I didn┤t knew this mouse was out of stock!
i have one, and is a great mouse!
unfortunetely the synapse 2 software from razar is total crap, full of bugs and lacks a lot of simple options.

but again, the mouse is great and seems well built!

Old
  (#5)
Yopkin1

Videocard: Asus DirectCU II 680 2GB
Processor: Intel 2500k 4.5
Mainboard: Asus PZ77-V Deluxe
Memory: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair TX850
Default 08-28-2013, 18:55 | posts: 10

It looks like from the first pic that they have add a finger rest on the front for your ring finger. (which it really needs) I find that my pinky slides into the crack from the palm reset being so far back. I miss my old mamba 2012. Nothing felt as to me better then it did and the weight was right. I just have problems with them the lazer would always drift up and once you had a small hair on the surface scanner it would just **** the bed. I would say the Ouroboros tracks better then the mamba like night and day. I miss the fact that the leds work as battery and what speed setting you picked. The onboard profiles saving saved you from having to have razer software running. just program the mouse save it and uninstall. Synapse 2 has a problem where the x y would off sync from themselves all the time. I have taken the mouse back over the counter three they all suffer from it. Oh well guess wait to see what they come out with next

Old
  (#6)
Ven0m
Maha Guru

Videocard: ASUS GTX 680 D2CU TOP
Processor: i7 920 @ 4GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Rampage II Extreme
Memory: 12GB Patriot Viper
Soundcard: Xonar D2X>Custom amp>K712
PSU: Seasonic M12D 850W
Default 08-28-2013, 18:59 | posts: 1,488 | Location: Warsaw, Poland

I have not the best experience with Synapse software. It works fine with BlackWidow, but terribly with Orochi 2013 - it doesn't keep the settings and in order to keep button bindings I have to reapply the profile each time, which is so troublesome with laptop mouse.

So I do hope that it works with Ouroboros as well as with BlackWidow.

Old
  (#7)
Yopkin1

Videocard: Asus DirectCU II 680 2GB
Processor: Intel 2500k 4.5
Mainboard: Asus PZ77-V Deluxe
Memory: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair TX850
Default 08-28-2013, 19:08 | posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
I have not the best experience with Synapse software. It works fine with BlackWidow, but terribly with Orochi 2013 - it doesn't keep the settings and in order to keep button bindings I have to reapply the profile each time, which is so troublesome with laptop mouse.

So I do hope that it works with Ouroboros as well as with BlackWidow.
I have the blackwidow and ouroboros. I have not had any problems with it remembering my profiles or macros on my widow. always logs in and gets my info from there server well. two reformats and three ouroboros later. (first reason I took it back was synapse problems that was fixed later on) other two where just small things. here our store will just give over the counter exchange and renew the one year warranty.

Old
  (#8)
nhlkoho
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX770 4GB FTW
Processor: i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Z87 Plus
Memory: Veng. Pro 16GB DDR3-1866
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
PSU: EVGA 750G2
Default 08-28-2013, 20:00 | posts: 4,896 | Location: Washington DC

That price is a little ridiculous for a mouse. Plus its ugly

Old
  (#9)
eclap
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI Gaming 970 1450/7800
Processor: i5 2500k @4.5 1.2v
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Memory: 8GB G-Skill RipjawsX 1600
Soundcard: Aune T1. AD700. DT880
PSU: XFX Black 750W 80+ Gold
Default 08-28-2013, 20:03 | posts: 26,663 | Location: Hampshire, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkoho View Post
That price is a little ridiculous for a mouse. Plus its ugly
you forgot it's built like crap

Old
  (#10)
Neo Cyrus
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX HD 6970 @ 1015/6400
Processor: Xeon W3530 @ 4GHz
Mainboard: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 2.0
Memory: 6GB DDR3-2000 9-9-9-24-1T
Soundcard: SB ZxR + DT 990 Pro-250
PSU: Antec High Current 900W
Default 08-28-2013, 20:45 | posts: 7,512 | Location: GTA, Canada

$150? I'll take one for $30. Madcatz started this stupid trend of bloating already bloated prices from the $80 point to $150. Not that they've improved anything, when I think of inferior quality, I think of Madcatz.