Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Games, Gaming & Game-demos
Games, Gaming & Game-demos You can talk about the latest games here and more ..


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 4
Old
  (#1)
hallryu
Don Altobello
 
hallryu's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2x HD7970 - QNIX/U2711
Processor: 3770k delid@4.6GHz - H320
Mainboard: GA-Z77X-UP7 (F5)
Memory: Dominator GT 2133 2x4GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D2X + SP2500
PSU: BeQuiet! DP Pro 1200W
Default Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 4 - 08-27-2013, 21:17 | posts: 11,362 | Location: England

Too big!

Proceed with your original discussion.

Part 3: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=361244
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#2)
Ghosty
Ancient Guru
 
Ghosty's Avatar
 
Videocard: -
Processor: -
Mainboard: -
Memory: -
Soundcard: -
PSU: -
Default 08-27-2013, 21:34 | posts: 3,370 | Location: UK

Perhaps a few of use should chip in and rent out a server for a couple of months or something, once BF4 is released?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
AndreasGuido
Ancient Guru
 
AndreasGuido's Avatar
 
Videocard: HD7850 TF3 1050/1450
Processor: Core i5 2500K 3.8GHz
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Soc
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX
Soundcard: Integrated 5.1
PSU: OCZ ZX Series 850W
Default 08-27-2013, 23:51 | posts: 3,420 | Location: Bristol, UK

Thats an idea,how much would that be?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
PhazeDelta1
Ancient Guru
 
PhazeDelta1's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 770 Classified
Processor: Intel i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87
Memory: 16GB Corsair 2133MHz
Soundcard: Creative SB Z
PSU: Seasonic X-850
Default 08-28-2013, 00:43 | posts: 13,389 | Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
Perhaps a few of use should chip in and rent out a server for a couple of months or something, once BF4 is released?
We tried doing this once before, shortly after BF3 released. When it got ready for money to change hands, pretty much everyone but a handful of people backed out.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#5)
Loophole35
Ancient Guru
 
Loophole35's Avatar
 
Videocard: 670 FTW Sli H2O/780 TFIV
Processor: 2600k@4.8 H2O/2500k@4.5
Mainboard: P8Z68-V PRO/P8Z77-V
Memory: corsair ddr3 8GB@1866
Soundcard: ASUS Phoebus/onboard
PSU: Corsair HX850w/TX850w
Default 08-28-2013, 00:48 | posts: 5,303 | Location: FLA,USA

I would have pitched in on the BF3 server but when ya'll got the first one up and running my ping was too high so I never went back in. I think it was one DesGaizu was renting at first for the dry run.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
PhazeDelta1
Ancient Guru
 
PhazeDelta1's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 770 Classified
Processor: Intel i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87
Memory: 16GB Corsair 2133MHz
Soundcard: Creative SB Z
PSU: Seasonic X-850
Default 08-28-2013, 00:55 | posts: 13,389 | Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loophole35 View Post
I would have pitched in on the BF3 server but when ya'll got the first one up and running my ping was too high so I never went back in. I think it was one DesGaizu was renting at first for the dry run.
I forgot who was renting it. But the ping times were the main reason why those people backed out. Understandable of course.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
DesGaizu
Ancient Guru
 
DesGaizu's Avatar
 
Videocard: TWIN FROZR IV R9 290
Processor: i5-2500K 4.4 GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
Memory: 16GB DDR3 2133MHz
Soundcard: D1+A2+/990pro
PSU: Seasonic X-850 Gold
Default 08-28-2013, 02:37 | posts: 3,013 | Location: UK

Yeah I was admin but money and donations were handled by someone else (it ended up been me and maybe 2 others paying for the whole thing.

I am going to run a bf4 server and if people here want to play on it I'll be happy and if you want to donate that's great but I won't expect/demand donations.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
ShadowDuke
Maha Guru
 
ShadowDuke's Avatar
 
Videocard: GigaByte GTX 660 oc / 2gb
Processor: AMD FX-6300 (3,5GHz)
Mainboard: MSI 970A-G43
Memory: 8GB Crucial DDR3 (1600)
Soundcard: Creative Inspire 5300
PSU: Antec HCG-620M
Default 08-28-2013, 02:41 | posts: 1,770 | Location: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesGaizu View Post
Yeah I was admin but money and donations were handled by someone else (it ended up been me and maybe 2 others paying for the whole thing.

I am going to run a bf4 server and if people here want to play on it I'll be happy and if you want to donate that's great but I won't expect/demand donations.
Nice, looking forward to that guru3d BF4 Server
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
AndreasGuido
Ancient Guru
 
AndreasGuido's Avatar
 
Videocard: HD7850 TF3 1050/1450
Processor: Core i5 2500K 3.8GHz
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Soc
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX
Soundcard: Integrated 5.1
PSU: OCZ ZX Series 850W
Default 08-28-2013, 09:23 | posts: 3,420 | Location: Bristol, UK

Defo dude, give us a shout when its ready, always wanted to knife Eclap
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
erikalui
Newbie
 
Videocard: None
Processor: AMD Athlon 64
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: None
Default 08-28-2013, 09:53 | posts: 21

I am waiting for the new BF4 server to be launched and would like to check it out. I am nt so a BF3 fan but still am checking out this one.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#11)
])rStrangelove
Ancient Guru
 
])rStrangelove's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
Processor: Intel i7-2600k@4.3
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3
Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: AsusXonar D2X
PSU: BeQuiet! DarkPowerPro750W
Default 08-28-2013, 09:53 | posts: 3,655 | Location: Northcoast of Germany

Awesome! I'm actually more into SP or COOP, but a server where i know some ppl to play with sounds fun!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
Veteran
Ancient Guru
 
Veteran's Avatar
 
Videocard: 690@1372-Vmod on H20-24/7
Processor: 4930k@4.2ghz-1.05v-H20
Mainboard: R4BE@Monoblock-H20
Memory: 16Gb Mushkin Redline2133
Soundcard: SupremeFX-Sennheiser 350
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
Default 08-28-2013, 10:50 | posts: 10,371 | Location: United kingdom

Heres how Bf4 will go first month.


Everybody buys in plays finds all there great new weapons starts enjoying the game and the general comments are very positive.

Next month all guns nerfed that were a good balance, more bugs than were in the original release are found and more broken glitches bugs are found and not fixed. New dlc announced before bugs fixed if fixed at all.

Metro is the most played map or similar map. Tubes or similar gun is most common used on small frantic map, vehicles arnt balanced so as usual people in jets and so on are just going 80-1 because of it.

DLC is released one month later dead servers are swopped back to 24/7 metro or similar map which yields most points to be scored with no skill.

EA announce they have made the best fps of the year (no other fps releases )

That's it in a nut shell.

Last edited by Veteran; 08-28-2013 at 16:24.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
Techio
Master Guru
 
Videocard: Sapphire 7950 925MHZ
Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.4GHZ
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-XD58A-UDR3
Memory: 3 Sticks 6GB
Soundcard: Pioneer HTP-522
PSU: Corsair HX650W
Default 08-28-2013, 13:02 | posts: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
Heres how bf4 will go first month


Everybody buys in plays finds all there great new weapons starts enjoying the game and the general comments are very positive.

Next month all guns nerfed that were good to balance more bugs than were in the original release are found and more broken glitches bugs found not fixed. new dlc announced before bugs fixed if fixed at all.

Metro is the most played map or similar map. tubes or similar gun is most common used on small frantic map, vehicles arnt balanced so as usual people in jets and so on are just going 80-1 because of it.

DLC is released one month later dead servers are swopped back to 24/7 metro or similar map which yields most points to be scored with no skill.

EA announce they have made the best fps of the year (no other fps releases )

That's it in a nut shell.
*Stands up and applauds.*
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
Ghosty
Ancient Guru
 
Ghosty's Avatar
 
Videocard: -
Processor: -
Mainboard: -
Memory: -
Soundcard: -
PSU: -
Default 08-28-2013, 13:04 | posts: 3,370 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesGaizu View Post
Yeah I was admin but money and donations were handled by someone else (it ended up been me and maybe 2 others paying for the whole thing.

I am going to run a bf4 server and if people here want to play on it I'll be happy and if you want to donate that's great but I won't expect/demand donations.
I will play on it, and give a donation.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
Mr_Alexander
Maha Guru
 
Mr_Alexander's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 780ti
Processor: i7920@3.6 Coolmaster V8
Mainboard: ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME II
Memory: OCZ PC-12800 1600MHS GOLD
Soundcard: Auzen X-Fi™ Forte 7
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000
Default 08-28-2013, 16:30 | posts: 1,802 | Location: TORONTO, CANADA

Hi Guys.
I need your opinion on one thing. I am still trying to buy this game for my friend's son in Russia. Since I could not find a site that accept credit card I decided to try this:

1. My friend's son will download, install and register in Origin with his email and password.
2. He will give me his email and password.
3. I will sign in with his information here and will buy a game through Origin with my credit card.
4. I guess he will get order conformation on his email.
5. I will sign out and he will sign in to start downloading a game.

Do you guys think it will work?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#16)
eclap
Ancient Guru
 
eclap's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 + Qnix QX2710
Processor: i5 2500k @4.5 1.2v
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Memory: 8GB G-Skill RipjawsX 1600
Soundcard: SB Z/Aune T1/AD700/DT880
PSU: XFX Black 750W 80+ Gold
Default 08-28-2013, 16:40 | posts: 26,148 | Location: Hampshire UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Alexander View Post
Hi Guys.
I need your opinion on one thing. I am still trying to buy this game for my friend's son in Russia. Since I could not find a site that accept credit card I decided to try this:

1. My friend's son will download, install and register in Origin with his email and password.
2. He will give me his email and password.
3. I will sign in with his information here and will buy a game through Origin with my credit card.
4. I guess he will get order conformation on his email.
5. I will sign out and he will sign in to start downloading a game.

Do you guys think it will work?
yes.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#17)
ShadowDuke
Maha Guru
 
ShadowDuke's Avatar
 
Videocard: GigaByte GTX 660 oc / 2gb
Processor: AMD FX-6300 (3,5GHz)
Mainboard: MSI 970A-G43
Memory: 8GB Crucial DDR3 (1600)
Soundcard: Creative Inspire 5300
PSU: Antec HCG-620M
Default 08-28-2013, 18:09 | posts: 1,770 | Location: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Alexander View Post
Hi Guys.
I need your opinion on one thing. I am still trying to buy this game for my friend's son in Russia. Since I could not find a site that accept credit card I decided to try this:

1. My friend's son will download, install and register in Origin with his email and password.
2. He will give me his email and password.
3. I will sign in with his information here and will buy a game through Origin with my credit card.
4. I guess he will get order conformation on his email.
5. I will sign out and he will sign in to start downloading a game.

Do you guys think it will work?
dont understand why you dont gift him the humble bundle...cant be more easy.

Last edited by ShadowDuke; 08-28-2013 at 19:04.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18)
eclap
Ancient Guru
 
eclap's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 + Qnix QX2710
Processor: i5 2500k @4.5 1.2v
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Memory: 8GB G-Skill RipjawsX 1600
Soundcard: SB Z/Aune T1/AD700/DT880
PSU: XFX Black 750W 80+ Gold
Default 08-28-2013, 18:40 | posts: 26,148 | Location: Hampshire UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuke View Post
dont understand why you dont gift him the humbe bundle...cant be more easy.
alright, I thought this was the bf4 thread, but my mistake, it's the bf3 one yeah, check out the humble bundle games giveaway in the trading section, someone might have a spare bf3 key, if not, just buy the humble bundle, keep the games you want and gift your friend bf3.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#19)
Mr_Alexander
Maha Guru
 
Mr_Alexander's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 780ti
Processor: i7920@3.6 Coolmaster V8
Mainboard: ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME II
Memory: OCZ PC-12800 1600MHS GOLD
Soundcard: Auzen X-Fi™ Forte 7
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000
Default 08-28-2013, 18:53 | posts: 1,802 | Location: TORONTO, CANADA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuke View Post
dont understand why you dont gift him the humbe bundle...cant be more easy.
I think Humble Bundle does not have BF3 Premium with all expansions.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#20)
eclap
Ancient Guru
 
eclap's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 + Qnix QX2710
Processor: i5 2500k @4.5 1.2v
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Memory: 8GB G-Skill RipjawsX 1600
Soundcard: SB Z/Aune T1/AD700/DT880
PSU: XFX Black 750W 80+ Gold
Default 08-28-2013, 18:56 | posts: 26,148 | Location: Hampshire UK

No, just the base game. So doing it the way you described in the first post will work.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#21)
The Postman
Maha Guru
 
The Postman's Avatar
 
Videocard: 290x CF EK H2O
Processor: I7 4770k 4.6ghz
Mainboard: Z87X-UD5H
Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR3
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
PSU: Antec HCP 1200w
Default 08-28-2013, 18:59 | posts: 1,693 | Location: Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran View Post
Heres how Bf4 will go first month.


Everybody buys in plays finds all there great new weapons starts enjoying the game and the general comments are very positive.

Next month all guns nerfed that were a good balance, more bugs than were in the original release are found and more broken glitches bugs are found and not fixed. New dlc announced before bugs fixed if fixed at all.

Metro is the most played map or similar map. Tubes or similar gun is most common used on small frantic map, vehicles arnt balanced so as usual people in jets and so on are just going 80-1 because of it.

DLC is released one month later dead servers are swopped back to 24/7 metro or similar map which yields most points to be scored with no skill.

EA announce they have made the best fps of the year (no other fps releases )

That's it in a nut shell.
Thank you.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#22)
Mr_Alexander
Maha Guru
 
Mr_Alexander's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 780ti
Processor: i7920@3.6 Coolmaster V8
Mainboard: ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME II
Memory: OCZ PC-12800 1600MHS GOLD
Soundcard: Auzen X-Fi™ Forte 7
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000
Default 08-28-2013, 19:01 | posts: 1,802 | Location: TORONTO, CANADA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclap View Post
No, just the base game. So doing it the way you described in the first post will work.
Thanks man.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#23)
ShadowDuke
Maha Guru
 
ShadowDuke's Avatar
 
Videocard: GigaByte GTX 660 oc / 2gb
Processor: AMD FX-6300 (3,5GHz)
Mainboard: MSI 970A-G43
Memory: 8GB Crucial DDR3 (1600)
Soundcard: Creative Inspire 5300
PSU: Antec HCG-620M
Default 08-28-2013, 19:05 | posts: 1,770 | Location: Germany

But still cheaper. Get BF3 with the bundle and Buy Premium in Origin the way you described.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#24)
Mr_Alexander
Maha Guru
 
Mr_Alexander's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 780ti
Processor: i7920@3.6 Coolmaster V8
Mainboard: ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME II
Memory: OCZ PC-12800 1600MHS GOLD
Soundcard: Auzen X-Fi™ Forte 7
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000
Default 08-28-2013, 19:14 | posts: 1,802 | Location: TORONTO, CANADA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuke View Post
But still cheaper. Get BF3 with the bundle and Buy Premium in Origin the way you described.
I see. Can you explain me how it works exactly. I thought I have to buy six games and average must be 5 dollars per game and after that BF3 will be unlocked. However may be I did not understand how it works.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#25)
PhazeDelta1
Ancient Guru
 
PhazeDelta1's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 770 Classified
Processor: Intel i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87
Memory: 16GB Corsair 2133MHz
Soundcard: Creative SB Z
PSU: Seasonic X-850
Default 08-28-2013, 19:16 | posts: 13,389 | Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuke View Post
dont understand why you dont gift him the humble bundle...cant be more easy.
Because the Origin bundle is no longer up. It's something else now.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.