Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum
MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum This forum is intended for MSI customers for questions on the AfterBurner Overclock Utility based off Rivatuner. In this section the users help each other out with answers as well as support staff from MSI.

Afterburner not applying voltage increase
Old
  (#1)
Steamroller

Videocard: MSI r6850 Cyclone 1GB
Processor: Intel Core i3-2120 3.3Ghz
Mainboard: BIOSTAR TZ77B
Memory: G.SKILL Value Series 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: Rosewill HIVE Series 550W
Question Afterburner not applying voltage increase - 08-04-2013, 10:36 | posts: 1

Hello everyone,

I am running into difficulty with having MSI Afterburner apply voltage increases.

Increasing the voltage from 1150mV to 1300mV has no measurable effect in Kombustor (or GPU-Z), which is limiting my ability to overclock my MSI r6850 Cyclone pe/oc GPU (a card designed to allow voltage increases).

Afterburner shows that the voltage increase is applied, but it is not measurable by other programs.

All other variables show the appropriate change in Kombustor (and with GPU-Z), and yes I am applying the changes.

I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this problem or any ideas on how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Old
  (#2)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 08-04-2013, 19:32 | posts: 11,516 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Search. It was mentioned dozens of times that neither GPU-Z nor any other tool besides AB provides support and proper readings for custom VRMs used on many HAWK/PE series cards. Use DMM.

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator

Old
  (#3)
EyesLikeSkies
Master Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX770 4GB
Processor: i7-940 @ 3.52 GHz
Mainboard: EVGA x58 SLI
Memory: Corsair XMS3 9 GB
Soundcard: Asus DG-X PCI-e
PSU: Corsair 1000W
Default 08-05-2013, 23:14 | posts: 240 | Location: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwinder View Post
Search. It was mentioned dozens of times that neither GPU-Z nor any other tool besides AB provides support and proper readings for custom VRMs used on many HAWK/PE series cards. Use DMM.
I am about to upgrade my GTX 580 Lightning that too had that issue. What GTX 770 4gb card would not have the issue of not being able to monitor? I looked at the MSI TF 770, but the EVGA Classy isn't totally out of the price range.

Tags
afterburner, overclocking