Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Benchmark Mayhem
Benchmark Mayhem This section is for you benchmark freaks. Wanna show off your 3D Mark Vantage scores with your brand new GTX 295 SLI or Radeon HD 4870 X2 Crossfire in that Intel Core 2 rig? Then this is your section!

Looking for software that can identify bottlenecks/limiations?
Old
  (#1)
V8VENOM
Member Guru

Videocard: ATI 5870 CF
Processor: Intel QX9770
Mainboard: Asus P5E3 Premium
Memory: 4GB Corsair DDR3 1800
Soundcard: Creative Labs xFi Elite P
PSU: PC Power and Cooling 1000
Default Looking for software that can identify bottlenecks/limiations? - 08-02-2013, 04:51 | posts: 48 | Location: California, USA

I'm not really looking for benchmarking software, I'm more interested in software that can identify system bottlenecks. Basically starting from point A - the loading of data from HD/SSD to final display on monitor. Threaded and 64bit support would be nice. Needs to be able to monitor an executable and log (to file for later review) CPU/GPU and all I/O performance from start to finish including durations. Optimally something like this:

File Open Request HD/SSD = 0.1 ms
Data Move from Request to RAM (bus) = 0.06 ms
Data Move from RAM to GPU RAM (bus) = 0.2 ms (if applicable)
Data Calc from GPU to Display output = 0.3 ms

Obviously this is simplified and the duration values are not real world, but hopefully it's enough to demonstrate what I'm looking for.

I've used Process Monitor (v3.05) and File Monitor and Process Explorer but they don't have all the details I'm looking for. Any such software exists (Payware or freeware, don't care).

Thanks, Rob