Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - AMD - ATI Drivers Section
Videocards - AMD - ATI Drivers Section In this section you can discuss everything Catalyst related. AMD Catalyst drivers are for all AMD ATI based graphics cards. This is also the place to discuss modified Catalyst drivers.

ati 4670 agp hdmi sound?
Old
  (#1)
RanmaGamer61

Videocard: ATI 4670 1GB
Processor: Intel Pentium 4
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Antec
Post ati 4670 agp hdmi sound? - 07-31-2013, 06:07 | posts: 13

Hi I have a question about my graphics card. It's a ATI Radeon HD 4670 1gb agp. I can't seem to get the sound to work on my hdtv. My graphics card has built in sound 7.1, but I can't get the sound working.

Every time I try to install the Catalyst drivers I can't seem to install the ATI HDMI drivers.

I tried installing the drivers that have the HDMI sound drivers but it will not install. Does anyone know which drivers I should download to get the sound working?.

The OS im using is windows 7.

Hope some one can help.

Bye

Old
  (#2)
ElFishoIII
Master Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX770 4G Classified
Processor: Intel i5 4670k @4.5ghz
Mainboard: ASRock z87 Extreme6
Memory: 16G GSkill 1866
Soundcard: X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Ch
PSU: Silverstone OP-1000
Default 07-31-2013, 06:25 | posts: 687 | Location: Brighton, MI USA

They probably don't have proper win7 drivers for sound since it's an agp card. Just reading through neweggs reviews it seems that win7 and this card don't get along very well. Maybe try googling around and see if anyone else has it working? I saw at least one review that said his was working. This what he said... (this is from Oct of last year, so don't know how helpful it will be)

"Cons: The biggest con is, as most people seem to have pointed out, the driver annoyances. For whatever reason, the newest AGP Hotfix drivers on the AMD website (12.6) no longer contain this card's hardware ID in the .inf files - so the Catalyst installation manager doesn't recognize the card. However, there are two easy workarounds:

1) You CAN use the 12.6 hotfix drivers from the AMD website - however, since they don't recognize the card due to the .inf files missing its hardware ID, you have to go into device manager and manually install the driver. Here's how I did it:

a) Download 12.6 driver package. Run it. Catalyst installation manager will run, but it won't install the drivers or the Catalyst software.

b) Go into device manager, navigate to the card (under "display adapters"), and click "update driver." Select "install from a specific location," then "don't search, I will choose," then "have disk" - and navigate to a folder with a path similar to: C:\amd\support\12-6-legacy[blah blah]\packages\drivers\display\win[something]\. There should be two INF files that you can select in this folder. Either one will work. Windows may say that it can't verify that the driver will work with your hardware; just accept that warning and continue, and the driver will properly install.

c) After that, run Catalyst Installation Manager again, and the HDMI audio drivers will install.

d) Then, navigate to the folder (in the above chain) ...\Packages\Apps\CCC. In this folder, or some subfolder, there will be an installation package with a name similar to "ccc-core-static.msi" - run this installer, and you'll now have the Catalyst program (which allows you to tweak video card settings, GPU frequencies, etc) installed. Don't run the one that's in a "net4" directory, or something like that - it didn't seem to work for me.

2) Much easier (though older drivers): simply use the 10.7 drivers from the HIS website. These drivers do recognize the card, and installation is really easy.

I've tried both ways (I was doing a clean install of Windows 7, and I decided to try each way since it didn't take that much time), and they both work fine. What I didn't try was comparing benchmark scores - since I got the 12.6 drivers to work, and they're newer, I just went with them. I never benchmarked the card using the 10.7 drivers, so I can't say if the 12.6 drivers provide any performance improvement. Sorry. What I can say is that the 12.6 drivers, despite the installation headache, do work really well once they're properly installed."

Also, lol at the reviewer who says he's using this to run Diablo 3 at max settings.

Old
  (#3)
dellon132
Maha Guru

Videocard: HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
Processor: Intel E2180 3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock
Memory: 3GB DDR2
Soundcard:
PSU: 450 Watt Power Supply
Default 07-31-2013, 06:33 | posts: 1,793

Just to let you know, the 12.11 Modded driver does have agp support. So I recommend trying that driver before trying other options. Here is the link.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=372799

Old
  (#4)
RanmaGamer61

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 07:40 | posts: 13

It's Nice to see there are helpful people in this forum, ok I will try to install the HDMI drivers the way you showed me. I will post back soon.

Thanks

Old
  (#5)
RanmaGamer61

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 08:47 | posts: 13

I just tried to install the drivers the way you showed me but still can't get the ATI HDMI audio drivers installed for some reason.

I also downloaded the 12.11 Modded driver. still the ATI HDMI drivers won't install.

I really need help installing the drivers.

Old
  (#6)
CrazY_Milojko
Master Guru

Videocard: AsusGTX760DC2OC 1215/6318
Processor: i7-920C0@4.01HT@H70CorePP
Mainboard: GigaByte GA-EX58-DS4
Memory: 24GB Patriot/1866/1.5VCL9
Soundcard: integr.Realtek ALC888
PSU: Recom 750W RC-PE750Plus
Default 07-31-2013, 09:36 | posts: 410 | Location: Serbia, Indjija

Try to install Realtek ATI HDMI Audio Device R2.70 (date: 2012/6/22) from official Realtek download page: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ >>> High Definition Audio Codecs (Software) >>> ...I accept to the above ...Next ...in the driver list find and download ATI HDMI Audio Device.
Maybe this will help.

Old
  (#7)
dellon132
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 12:27 | posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanmaGamer61 View Post
I just tried to install the drivers the way you showed me but still can't get the ATI HDMI audio drivers installed for some reason.

I also downloaded the 12.11 Modded driver. still the ATI HDMI drivers won't install.

I really need help installing the drivers.
When installing the HDMI driver what messages do you receive while trying to install it? Also it's recommended not to install driver on top of each other as the installation can sometimes fail.

Other Thoughts
Wagnard Released a driver Cleaner I recommend using that before proceeding to install drivers.
Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Old
  (#8)
LonghornVIP

Videocard: HIS Radeon HD4670 AGP
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
Mainboard: ASUS A8V Deluxe
Memory: 4 X 1GB DDR
Soundcard:
PSU: OCZ600SXS
Default 07-31-2013, 17:26 | posts: 2 | Location: Austin, TX

I have this same card with both HD video and audio working fine. My computer connects to my AVR via HDMI cable (the AVR is connected to the flat panel TV). I actually had to reinstall everything on my HTPC last night, so I just went through reinstalling this card...

The process that I used to make everything work was as follows:

0) I initially installed this card 2 years ago and I remember it being a total pain to get everything working. I spent hours on support forums before I figured out a process that works. As such, I truly cannot remember exactly what I did to arrive at the process below.

1) Open up Catalyst AGP Hotfix 12.4 (this version was always stable for me so I stick with it) and select Custom Install.

2) Deselect everything EXCEPT Display Driver and click Install. After install you will be asked to reboot.

3) After reboot the display should be working correctly. Next Open up Catalyst 12.6 AGP Hotfix and select Custom Install. Leave everything selected EXCEPT the Audio driver. and click install.

4) After running install, go into Device Manager and select Audio devices - There should be a device listed called HDMI Audio Output (or something like that). Right click on this and select Update Driver. Select I Have a Disk and navigate to C:\AMD\Support\12-6-legacy_vista...\Packages. This will install the ATI Audio driver.

5) After installing the ATI Audio driver, go into Control Panel and select Sound. Make that AMD HDMI Output is your default audio device, then go through the Configure Options and set up 5.1 (or 7.1). Also go into Properties -> Advanced and set the Audio output to whatever you want (I leave it at 48kHz 24 bit).

6) Reboot one more time for good measure and you should be good to go.

A couple of other things that I figured out through trial and error with this card... AGP Fast Write must be enabled in BIOS or the audio quality is full of static. Also, leave all of the CCC settings at their defaults - I was having trouble with Blu-ray playback when I started enabling GPU Scaling and ITC Coding. After deselecting all of these features, my HTPC became very stable and DVD/Blu-ray playback was awesome.

I hope this helps.

Old
  (#9)
RanmaGamer61

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 17:43 | posts: 13

ok people thanks again, I tried installing the realtek ATI HDMI drivers but they will not install, by the way I have a realtek AC97 on board sound card and also a audigy SE. I disabled the Audigy SE and enabled the realtek AC97.

I'm getting an error installing the Realtek ATI HDMI Drivers, here is the error message, "no driver was supported in this driver package".

Also I tried to install the ATI HDMI audio drivers from the 12.6 catalyst drivers pack and they will not install. I'm not getting any error messages but I noticed that the ATI HDMI drivers are not in the list of drivers to be installed. It just shows ATI Catalyst install manager, and display drivers. The ATI HDMI drivers are not in the list.

By the way my OS is windows 7.

Really need help

Last edited by RanmaGamer61; 07-31-2013 at 18:06.

Old
  (#10)
dellon132
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 18:16 | posts: 1,793

Quote:
ok people thanks again, I tried installing the realtek ATI HDMI drivers but they will not install, by the way I have a realtek AC97 on board sound card and also a audigy SE. I disabled the Audigy SE and enabled the realtek AC97.

I'm getting an error installing the Realtek ATI HDMI Drivers, here is the error message, "no driver was supported in this driver package".

Also I tried to install the ATI HDMI audio drivers from the 12.6 catalyst drivers pack and they will not install. I'm not getting any error messages but I noticed that the ATI HDMI drivers are not in the list of drivers to be installed. It just shows ATI Catalyst install manager, and display drivers. The ATI HDMI drivers are not in the list.

Really need help
Can you provide information regarding your graphic card manufacture that way it would be easier for us to help you.

Reason For Asking?
It's possible that your graphic card may not have HDMI support as it was not implemented for every HD 4000 Series Gpu. Take a look at the link below.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150433

Last edited by dellon132; 07-31-2013 at 18:20.

Old
  (#11)
RanmaGamer61

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 18:33 | posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellon132 View Post
Can you provide information regarding your graphic card manufacture that way it would be easier for us to help you.

Reason For Asking?
It's possible that your graphic card may not have HDMI support as it was not implemented for every HD 4000 Series Gpu. Take a look at the link below.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150433

Thanks for the reply
My graphics card is a HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB AGP, on the graphics card box it says the card has 7.1 sound build in.

Old
  (#12)
LonghornVIP

Videocard: HIS Radeon HD4670 AGP
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
Mainboard: ASUS A8V Deluxe
Memory: 4 X 1GB DDR
Soundcard:
PSU: OCZ600SXS
Default 07-31-2013, 18:40 | posts: 2 | Location: Austin, TX

Quote:

Really need help
FWIW - I have my onboard Realtek AC97 disabled in BIOS. I honestly cannot remember if I disabled this in order to get the HDMI audio working, or if I just did it to disable something that was not being used... Either way, you may want to try disabling all of your other audio devices and doing a clean install of the drivers...

Old
  (#13)
RanmaGamer61

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 18:47 | posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornVIP View Post
FWIW - I have my onboard Realtek AC97 disabled in BIOS. I honestly cannot remember if I disabled this in order to get the HDMI audio working, or if I just did it to disable something that was not being used... Either way, you may want to try disabling all of your other audio devices and doing a clean install of the drivers...

I have tried disabling the realtek AC97, and also my other sound card which is a Audigy SE.

Old
  (#14)
dellon132
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 18:57 | posts: 1,793

Quote:
I have tried disabling the realtek AC97, and also my other sound card which is a Audigy SE.
Is this Your Graphic Card?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161337

Old
  (#15)
RanmaGamer61

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 19:26 | posts: 13

Quote:
Ya that's the graphics card I have, on the box it says there is 7.1 on board sound.

Old
  (#16)
dellon132
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 19:41 | posts: 1,793

Quote:
Ya that's the graphics card I have, on the box it says there is 7.1 on board sound.
Ok, so are you at the point in which your Graphic Card is connected to your HDMI Display through the use of an HDMI Cord?

Last edited by dellon132; 07-31-2013 at 19:44.

Old
  (#17)
RanmaGamer61

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 20:06 | posts: 13

Quote:
Ok, so are you at the point in which your Graphic Card is connected to your HDMI Display through the use of an HDMI Cord?
Yes My graphics card is connected to my HDTV through HDMI.

Old
  (#18)
dellon132
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 20:28 | posts: 1,793

Quote:
Yes My graphics card is connected to my HDTV through HDMI.
great did you try installing the manufactured driver listed here.
http://www.hisdigital.com/us/download1-448.shtml

Old
  (#19)
RanmaGamer61

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 21:38 | posts: 13

Quote:
great did you try installing the manufactured driver listed here.
http://www.hisdigital.com/us/download1-448.shtml
Yes I have tried installing the manufactured drivers, I still can't install the ATI HDMI drivers.

Old
  (#20)
dellon132
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 07-31-2013, 22:45 | posts: 1,793

Quote:
Yes I have tried installing the manufactured drivers, I still can't install the ATI HDMI drivers.
Did you try the Display Cleaner when I posted it in one of my recent post?

Old
  (#21)
RanmaGamer61

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 08-01-2013, 00:00 | posts: 13

Quote:
Did you try the Display Cleaner when I posted it in one of my recent post?

Hi I just used the Display Cleaner and it deleted all the drivers from my computer.

I reinstalled the display drivers and managed to get the ATI HDMI drivers installed, here was the path to the ATI HDMI audio drivers, "C:\AMD\Support\12-6\legacy\Packages\Drivers\WDM\HDMICE\W7", in that directory there was a file called AtihdW73.exe, I double clicked it and it installed, but I still can't find the HDMI audio settings any where on computer. I checked in sound options and playback devices but it's not listed in there.

Any help would be great.

Old
  (#22)
dellon132
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 08-01-2013, 00:22 | posts: 1,793

Quote:
Hi I just used the Display Cleaner and it deleted all the drivers from my computer.

I reinstalled the display drivers and managed to get the ATI HDMI drivers installed, here was the path to the ATI HDMI audio drivers, "C:\AMD\Support\12-6\legacy\Packages\Drivers\WDM\HDMICE\W7", in that directory there was a file called AtihdW73.exe, I double clicked it and it installed, but I still can't find the HDMI audio settings any where on computer. I checked in sound options and playback devices but it's not listed in there.

Any help would be great.
I recommend running the Driver cleaner again then attempt to install your manufacture HDMI Driver that comes with the 10.7 Catalyst Driver For AGP Users.

Installation Guide
-Run Setup.exe
-Choose Custom install instead of Express install
-Un-select all packages then select the HDMI Driver only
-Then attempt to install the driver.

Other Thoughts
I recommended cleaner as attempt to clean up your system because I felt
the install problem was due a driver conflict. So if the tool did indeed help resolve your problem I recommend bookmarking the thread as Wagnard and his team does update the tool to resolve bugs or issues reported by users or simply just to improve the cleaning process.

Last edited by dellon132; 08-01-2013 at 00:27.

Old
  (#23)
RanmaGamer61

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 08-01-2013, 01:14 | posts: 13

Quote:
I recommend running the Driver cleaner again then attempt to install your manufacture HDMI Driver that comes with the 10.7 Catalyst Driver For AGP Users.

Installation Guide
-Run Setup.exe
-Choose Custom install instead of Express install
-Un-select all packages then select the HDMI Driver only
-Then attempt to install the driver.

Other Thoughts
I recommended cleaner as attempt to clean up your system because I felt
the install problem was due a driver conflict. So if the tool did indeed help resolve your problem I recommend bookmarking the thread as Wagnard and his team does update the tool to resolve bugs or issues reported by users or simply just to improve the cleaning process.
I can't seem to find the 10.7 Catalyst drivers for AGP users any where. I only found the regular 10.7, when installing it does not have the hdmi drivers in the custom install options.

Can you please upload the 10.7 Catalyst Driver For AGP Users?, I would really appreciate it.

Last edited by RanmaGamer61; 08-01-2013 at 01:16.

Old
  (#24)
dellon132
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 08-01-2013, 02:02 | posts: 1,793

Quote:
I can't seem to find the 10.7 Catalyst drivers for AGP users any where. I only found the regular 10.7, when installing it does not have the hdmi drivers in the custom install options.

Can you please upload the 10.7 Catalyst Driver For AGP Users?, I would really appreciate it.
Here are the Links to the ATI Catalyst 10.7 AGP Driver for x32Bit and x64Bit Operating Stytems.

Old
  (#25)
RanmaGamer61

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Smile 08-02-2013, 02:26 | posts: 13

Hey all I finally fixed the hdmi audio out for my HD4670 agp card .

The problem was I didn't check the graphics card for connectors, there was a jumper setting on the card so I just changed the setting on it and it worked.

bye