Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats
Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats A cracking SoundBlaster ? Got new Speakers ? Be heard in here !

New Install.. Somehow Titanium HD lost...
Old
  (#1)
HyperTension

Videocard: EVGA GTX570 x2 (SLI)
Processor: Intel i7 2600k @Stock
Mainboard: EVGA Z68 FTW
Memory: Patriot PC3-10700, 4Gb x2
Soundcard: Titanium HD-AVR520-D7000
PSU: Corsair AX850
Default New Install.. Somehow Titanium HD lost... - 07-30-2013, 21:11 | posts: 14 | Location: Bridgman

Welp, long story short, I have not reformatted my PC in over a year, and it's been getting a little bit cranky, so reformatted....

Everything going fine until I go and install the latest PAX driver set for my Titanium HD. Installs fine, reboot, and then nothing..... Click on "Creative Control Panel", and I get "The audio device supported by this application is not detected. This application will exit."...

Cleaned everything off, and then tried an earlier set (one that was prev. running just fine on my PC) and get the same thing...

Did another format (just in case something was wonkey in the registry), and installed the previous running version, and end up with the same result. Did some research, and found that some people were having issues with this and were able to make it work by disabling device signatures.. Easily done, with same result.

Next, I removed the card, repeat format, updated W7 to SP1, then installed card and get 3 "High Definition Audio Device" under device manager, with a generic set of drivers... weird... I think in the past I've had to install the drivers for the hardware to be recognized. Attempt to install the PAX drivers and get the same result. I have no idea WTH is going on.

Any advice is more than welcome at this point.

Old
  (#2)
HyperTension

Videocard: EVGA GTX570 x2 (SLI)
Processor: Intel i7 2600k @Stock
Mainboard: EVGA Z68 FTW
Memory: Patriot PC3-10700, 4Gb x2
Soundcard: Titanium HD-AVR520-D7000
PSU: Corsair AX850
Default 07-30-2013, 22:27 | posts: 14 | Location: Bridgman

**update** I can still get sound via my optical out -> GD Compass with default windows drivers.

I was able to install the standard drivers from Creative, but the console does not auto-launch, and I get the "blah" version with clicking on it, but it does work.

I'm uninstalling those now, and will try to install PAX over those. I'll update as progress continues

Old
  (#3)
dsbig
Maha Guru

Videocard: evga 780 classified
Processor: 3770k @ 4.3ghz
Mainboard: GA-Z77X-UD3H
Memory: 16gb 1920mhz
Soundcard: Soundblaster ZxR
PSU: Kingwin 850 watts
Default 07-31-2013, 13:30 | posts: 2,730 | Location: florida

I dont have an answer, but I have save problem with the card as well.

Old
  (#4)
Tat3
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX480 w/ 244T
Processor: i7 920 @ 4,4GHz | Water
Mainboard: DFI UT X58 T3eH8
Memory: 3*2Gb 8-8-8-20 @ 1680MHz
Soundcard: UA-55 -> 2*Genelec 8030B
PSU: Defo not modular (TX950W)
Default 08-01-2013, 20:16 | posts: 11,304 | Location: Finland

Same problems with X-Fi Forte, got fed up and bought USB soundcard.