Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications 
Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications  Want to overclock that processor, videocard or even mainboard ? Wanna tweak the best out of your piece of hardware or have the means to design a killer case ? Get in here and pimp that rig man.

Questions about 4770k and overclocking
Old
  (#1)
zeroskillz
Member Guru

Videocard: EVGA Titan GTX SC SLI
Processor: i7 2600k @ 5.0ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme
Memory: Corsair Dominator 2x4GB
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair AX1200
Default Questions about 4770k and overclocking - 07-20-2013, 08:54 | posts: 45 | Location: El Paso, TX

My current setup is in my sig, adding the 4770k and sabertooth z87 motherboard. I've done a lot of research on overclocking/temps for the 4770k and overall I was pretty nervous when upgrading (only did it because my old motherboard died and figured it was time to upgrade). So far, I've been absolutely amazed at the results I've gotten and wanted to know if the horror stories I've read were just with the release cpu's, or I just got lucky.

Current clock 4.7ghz @ 1.25v ~65c max temp on h100i. This is only my second reboot and I haven't pushed much further, but are these pretty decent so far? Thanks for the replies in advance.

Old
  (#2)
BLEH!
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 7970 CF @ 1050/1500
Processor: 980X @ 4.00 GHz
Mainboard: ASUS P6T7 WS-SC
Memory: 12 GB Corsair @ 1910 MHz
Soundcard: Saffire Pro40/KRK Rokit 5
PSU: Enermax Revo 1500W
Default 07-20-2013, 20:10 | posts: 4,975 | Location: London

What are you stressing with? I understand "traditional" methods aren't so good with the new architecture. Temps seem fine though, you may have a pretty awesome chip there by HW standards.

Old
  (#3)
zeroskillz
Member Guru

Videocard: EVGA Titan GTX SC SLI
Processor: i7 2600k @ 5.0ghz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme
Memory: Corsair Dominator 2x4GB
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair AX1200
Default 07-20-2013, 23:19 | posts: 45 | Location: El Paso, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEH! View Post
What are you stressing with? I understand "traditional" methods aren't so good with the new architecture. Temps seem fine though, you may have a pretty awesome chip there by HW standards.
Was a little stressed because I had a 2600k that clocked at 5ghz for 2 years that I was in love with, and every review I read basically said that if I didn't get to at least 4.7ghz on the 4770k, it would be a downgrade from the 2600k.