Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Games, Gaming & Game-demos
Games, Gaming & Game-demos You can talk about the latest games here and more ..

WildStar MMORPG
Old
  (#1)
eclap
Ancient Guru

Videocard: HD7950 CFX + Qnix QX2710
Processor: i5 2500k @4.5 1.2v
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Memory: 8GB G-Skill RipjawsX 1600
Soundcard: SB Z/Aune T1/AD700/DT880
PSU: XFX Black 750W 80+ Gold
Default WildStar MMORPG - 07-15-2013, 23:50 | posts: 25,845 | Location: Hampshire UK

Quote:
WildStar will be the first game to be released by Carbine Studios. Carbine's founders were 17 former lead and senior members of Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft core development team. Since then they have attracted key talent from award-winning games such as Diablo II, StarCraft, Metroid Prime, Fallout, Everquest, City of Heroes, Half Life 2 and many of other successful titles. Play as one of 8 playable races, 2 factions and 6 classes!

• KICK ASS AND TAKE NAMES!
    Planet Nexus ain't for the faint of heart, so strap on your boots, charge your lasers, and sharpen your swords! Choose from one of many unique classes, using skill-based abilities and combat mechanics to defeat a stunning array of the most dangerous creatures and enemies in the galaxy. Looking for an even bigger challenge? Then jump into PvP battlegrounds, dungeons and epic raids, putting your combat skills to the ultimate test!
  • EXPLORE A NEW HOMEWORLD!
    Nexus is one of the most mysterious and dangerous planets in the entire universe, and you just decided to make it your new home. On the plus side, there are ancient ruins, mystical forests and unexplored moons just waiting to be conquered! On the down side, most of those places are inhabited by cybernetically-enhanced monstrosities, frightening beasts and hostile alien races! The fun never ends!
  • FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS!
    Dive into the most visually stunning game in the history of the universe! With a completely unique and timeless art style, WildStar is infused with an unforgettable personality that is all its own. Chock full of super cool characters, awe-inspiring environments, and hair-raising boss monsters, WildStar smacks you with eyepopping visual variety at every turn. Now all you have to do is avoid becoming the galaxy's best-looking corpse!
  • KICK ADVENTURE IN THE FACE!
    Quests? We don't just have quests...we've got deep, multi-layered content, guaranteeing that your adventure on Nexus is bursting at the seams with fun and surprises. Battles with giant killer robots? Check. Timed challenges to kill deadly alien organisms? Check. Discovering powerful ancient technology that will melt your frickin' face? Double check. And the best part? The greater the risk, the greater the loot!
  • PLEDGE YOUR ALLIANCE!
    On the wild and dangerous frontiers of Nexus, you better pick a side if you want to survive! Want to crush your enemies in a bloodbath of imperial conquest? Then swear to the Dominion, a powerful interstellar empire who has claimed Nexus for its own! Or maybe you're a born rebel who ain't takin' orders from anyone? Then the Exiles - a rogue alliance of mercenaries, refugees and renegades - is the faction for you!
  • CHOOSE YOUR PATH!
    Remember! This is your adventure, so pick a Path and play the way you wanna play! Along with your class, you can choose to be a Soldier, Scientist, Settler or Explorer - each with its own unique content and special rewards designed to fit your particular playstyle. So whether you're planting a flag, building a starport, climbing a mountain, or studying weird extra-terrestrial critters, your Path creates a unique experience that is all your own!
  • STAKE YER CLAIM!
    Grab your plot, plant a flag, and crack open a beer. This place is yours, you found it, you built it, and you'll be damned if anyone is gonna take it from you!
  • WHAT THE ...?!
    Hold on a second. Nexus was supposed to be the lost planet of the Eldan...but they ain't here, and it's now up to you to figure out what happened to them. Lucky for you, they left behind lots of clues. Unlucky for you, most of the clues will demolish, dissect, or vaporize you. So go on, gear-up, and start searching - the truth is out there, if you figure out a way to survive!
  • PvE
    WildStar will feature 20 man and 40 man raids, along with 5 man dungeons. Raiding will be diverse in that bosses will change from week-to-week, both in mechanics and in which bosses are even in the dungeon.
  • PvP
    WildStar allows players to belong to either of the two rivaling factions, two faction, which means PVP servers will have open world PVP against your opposing faction. There will also be Battlegrounds, Arenas (2v2, 3v3, 5v5), and Warplots.

UPDATE #1 19/07/2013
Latest WildStar Flick reveals the last two races, the Chua and Mordesh. Check it out here
UPDATE #2 21/07/2013
Check out the latest Gamespot interview with Chad Moore (Lead Narrative, Designer) from Comic-Con showing off some Chua gameplay, some exclusive housing footage and more here *clickity click here*. Thanks Ghosty.

Last edited by eclap; 08-06-2013 at 13:35.

Old
  (#2)
Ghosty
Ancient Guru

Videocard: -
Processor: -
Mainboard: -
Memory: -
Soundcard: -
PSU: -
Default 07-16-2013, 00:13 | posts: 3,210 | Location: UK

Signed up for beta a couple of months ago. Looks good, hopefully it wont be F2P. Otherwise I will pass.

Old
  (#3)
eclap
Ancient Guru

Default 07-16-2013, 00:22 | posts: 25,845 | Location: Hampshire UK

Gurus who would appreciate a beta invite:
  • ByblosHex
  • Darkest
  • Scerate
  • signex

Last edited by eclap; 12-22-2013 at 10:54.

Old
  (#4)
Ghosty
Ancient Guru

Default 07-16-2013, 00:49 | posts: 3,210 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclap View Post
it'll use a "hybrid" payment model. We'll see what that means.
Same as Planetside 2 had. You can either pay monthly and get bonus like more exp etc, or the usual F2P business model.

Old
  (#5)
eclap
Ancient Guru

Default 07-16-2013, 00:52 | posts: 25,845 | Location: Hampshire UK

I won't mind paying monthly if that's what one of the options is. If the game is good, I'll want to support it. From what I gather WildStar WILL BE the raiding MMO of the near future. A lot of Rift/WoW guilds are going to be all over it. That makes it sound really promising to me. I just wish I could get into beta, but hey, I'll just have to wait.

Old
  (#6)
Ghosty
Ancient Guru

Default 07-16-2013, 01:19 | posts: 3,210 | Location: UK

Quote:
I won't mind paying monthly if that's what one of the options is. If the game is good, I'll want to support it. From what I gather WildStar WILL BE the raiding MMO of the near future. A lot of Rift/WoW guilds are going to be all over it. That makes it sound really promising to me. I just wish I could get into beta, but hey, I'll just have to wait.
A few of the developers worked on WoW, and you can tell by the look of the game what they are going for.

Old
  (#7)
MrH
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX 680
Processor: i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO
Memory: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
PSU: Corsair TX 750 v2
Default 07-16-2013, 01:39 | posts: 1,973 | Location: UK

I've had my eye on this one for awhile, no invite as of yet.

Old
  (#8)
Alex13
Master Guru

Videocard: 5850
Processor: i7 4820k
Mainboard: x79
Memory: 16GB
Soundcard: Z-5500
PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
Default 07-16-2013, 03:37 | posts: 763

Didnt get in last beta. No invite but apparently im told I can get in as long as i do it to test raids (its a guild invite)... Torn, on one hand they are saying all the right things, on the other hand.. look at who's publishing it :P

Old
  (#9)
Mr.Bigtime
Ancient Guru

Videocard: ZOTAC GTX 680 @ 27" SA950
Processor: I7 4770K @ 3.5 GHZ
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 PRO
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
Soundcard: ONBOARD & LOGITECH Z906
PSU: Coolermaster something
Default 07-16-2013, 09:14 | posts: 18,331 | Location: Turkey

i can simply see relation of developers with WoW. thanx tor the topic

Old
  (#10)
eclap
Ancient Guru

Default 07-20-2013, 00:44 | posts: 25,845 | Location: Hampshire UK

OP updated

Old
  (#11)
ElFishoIII
Master Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX770 4G Classified
Processor: Intel i5 4670k @4.5ghz
Mainboard: ASRock z87 Extreme6
Memory: 16G GSkill 1866
Soundcard: X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Ch
PSU: Silverstone OP-1000
Default 07-20-2013, 02:35 | posts: 789 | Location: Brighton, MI USA

Hey look it's Nagrand and Shattrath and Pandaria!

/shudder

Old
  (#12)
sykozis
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Radeon R7 240
Processor: AMD Athlon 5350
Mainboard: Asus AM1M-A
Memory: 8gb G.Skill DDR3-1866
Soundcard: Realtek® ALC887-VD
PSU: Unk 300watt
Default 07-20-2013, 02:55 | posts: 16,134 | Location: US East Coast

It's a WoW clone....done by some former Blizzard North employees.... Torchlight was done by a bunch of former Blizzard North employees too...from the original Diablo development team. Just because they could create 1 massively successful game....doesn't mean they can create another capable of knocking off their original.

Old
  (#13)
Illnino
Master Guru

Videocard: XFX 290x EK H20
Processor: Intel i7 980 H2O
Mainboard: GA-X58A-OC GIGABYTE
Memory: 12GB Corsair Vengence
Soundcard:
PSU: Coolermaster Gold 1000w
Default 07-20-2013, 03:28 | posts: 535 | Location: Darwin, Australia

True, does look a lot like WOW and I think I will give it a miss tbh. Pitty blizzard won't revamp WOW to completely using DX11, I mean if it looked more realistic I'd probably play it again. Anyhow I think I'll wait for ESO and see how that pans out, if that doesn't cut it, then I guess I'll be waiting a while for something else.

Old
  (#14)
sykozis
Ancient Guru

Default 07-20-2013, 04:30 | posts: 16,134 | Location: US East Coast

I'll give this a shot if it's got a F2P option....but I'm not going to spend money on a game before I'm sure I'll invest any real time in it. I paid $10 for Rift and was bored of it in less than 2 hours...

Old
  (#15)
PhazeDelta1
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI 780 Lightning SLI
Processor: Intel i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87
Memory: 16GB Corsair 2133MHz
Soundcard: Creative SB Z
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
Default 07-20-2013, 15:16 | posts: 13,010 | Location: USA

Well after watching all the YT vids, I think I'm going to give this game a shot. I am curious how that "hybrid" F2P is going to work. IF it's cosmetic stuff, i'm ok with it. I' guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old
  (#16)
eclap
Ancient Guru

Default 07-20-2013, 15:44 | posts: 25,845 | Location: Hampshire UK

Hmmm. Most people play MMOs for epeen and for epic looking gear. I'm against buying cosmetics with $$$. But we'll see.

Old
  (#17)
Darkest
Ancient Guru

Videocard: HD7950
Processor: i5 3570k
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77 D3H
Memory: G-Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1600
Soundcard: Aune T1 + HD650/DT990 Pro
PSU: OCZ ZS 550w
Default 07-20-2013, 16:56 | posts: 7,250

I wouldn't personally buy cosmetic items for money, but I'd rather that sort of option be available in a pay shop. Much better for the game and community than people buying items which directly effect gameplay.

Old
  (#18)
Omagana
Maha Guru

Videocard: Evga GTX 780
Processor: Intel Core i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
Memory: Corsair XMS3 16GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D2X 7.1
PSU: Corsair HX850W
Default 07-20-2013, 17:13 | posts: 2,351 | Location: Scotland

I really dislike micro-transactions, but if it isn't pay2win and the micro-transactions help keep the main game free to play can't really complain.

Watched the vids, while the game looks pretty OTT it'll probably be loads of fun

Old
  (#19)
eclap
Ancient Guru

Default 07-20-2013, 21:43 | posts: 25,845 | Location: Hampshire UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest View Post
I wouldn't personally buy cosmetic items for money, but I'd rather that sort of option be available in a pay shop. Much better for the game and community than people buying items which directly effect gameplay.
I don't want any micro transactions in games. If I put hours into a game, let's say 300 hours, I don't want an average Joe to have same looking gear as mine. Cosmetic items are bad imo, I really hate all the f2p bs. We've had at least 50 sh1te f2p games in the last few years, I would rather have 2 good paid games than 50 crap ones. Quality over quantity any day.

Old
  (#20)
Darkest
Ancient Guru

Default 07-20-2013, 22:47 | posts: 7,250

I'm one of those people that doesn't much care what gear looks like for the most part. I'm interested in the stats and how much it improves my character, cosmetic options mean nothing to me. I can understand that some people want unique items visually, but I don't see why both worlds aren't possible. Just make sure raid gear looks different to cash shop, job done. Besides, when I was still actively playing WoW a lot of the people I played with looked down on people that invested heavily in cosmetic crap. There's always going to be a divide between people playing for the higher end content and people playing casually.

Old
  (#21)
eclap
Ancient Guru

Default 07-21-2013, 01:06 | posts: 25,845 | Location: Hampshire UK

depending on the business model. You see in Rift you could buy all these amazing costume sets from previous raids. You could be running around looking like someone who got all the pieces from say Hammerknell. That was of course cosmetic only but I still think those people who bought those costumes with real $ didn't deserve to wear them.

I really hope all of the micro transactions would finally disappear and we actually get good games where those who put the time in, will be rewarded.

It's weird how only a couple of years ago every one was saying how the market is swinging towards f2p, and it in fact did, but I've noticed that more and more gamers are getting fed up with these f2p models completely ruining games (Neverwinter is by far the most obvious example of this). I really hope that more and more people will start leaning towards the old model where we paid monthly subs.

I really hope WildStar does things right. I will just about tolerate cosmetics, I will have to say consumables on the $ shop :/

Sure, f2p is fine for casuals, but for those who want to get into the game more seriously it's game breaking and it makes people stop playing and leave. I can't stress enough that in the last 2-3 years we probably had 30+ f2p MMOs and none of them are doing well. I would seriously take 1 proper MMO a year. That would be great.

I really hope WildStar gets things right. I will just about tolerate cosmetics, but consumables for $ would be a no no for me.

Last edited by eclap; 07-21-2013 at 01:10.

Old
  (#22)
sykozis
Ancient Guru

Default 07-21-2013, 01:37 | posts: 16,134 | Location: US East Coast

Just because a game has a monthly sub, doesn't mean it's going to be good. Look at WoW.... It's been bleeding subscriptions since MoP was released because the game is **** now.... In the course of 2 expansions, Blizzard South has managed to ruin WoW.

Old
  (#23)
eclap
Ancient Guru

Default 07-21-2013, 02:07 | posts: 25,845 | Location: Hampshire UK

I never said that having a subscription makes a game good. I said being f2p = bad news. WoW still has more players than any other MMO and its how old? 8 years? Still, MoP didn't break WoW, that happened way before MoP.

Old
  (#24)
anticitizen013
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 2x R9 280X CrossFire
Processor: Intel I5 4670k 4.7ghz
Mainboard: ASUS Z87-PLUS
Memory: 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar D2X
PSU: Corsair TX850WM
Default 07-21-2013, 03:40 | posts: 3,477 | Location: Toronto, Canada

Had my eye on this because of the trailers and videos... it looks hilarious. Also the gameplay looks pretty fun too! Likely to be the next MMO I dabble in.

Old
  (#25)
Darkest
Ancient Guru

Default 07-21-2013, 15:29 | posts: 7,250

Quote:
I really hope WildStar gets things right. I will just about tolerate cosmetics, but consumables for $ would be a no no for me.
Pretty much agree with everything you've said. I can definitely see the issue with people buying sets that look like items people have actually worked for in game (as I feel it should be). But I do think there's space for cosmetic items that are unique to the cash shop. That said, I'd rather there not be one at all and pay a monthly sub. Consumables or weapons/armour in the cash shop is an instant no-no for me. My focus in almost any MMO is end game content (raiding to be specific), I like to work my way through tiers of content with a group while gearing up to go on to more difficult content. F2P does not cater well to that play style.