WildStar MMORPG

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Jul 16, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

UPDATE #1 19/07/2013
    Latest WildStar Flick reveals the last two races, the Chua and Mordesh. Check it out here
    UPDATE #2 21/07/2013
    Check out the latest Gamespot interview with Chad Moore (Lead Narrative, Designer) from Comic-Con showing off some Chua gameplay, some exclusive housing footage and more here *clickity click here*. Thanks Ghosty.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Signed up for beta a couple of months ago. Looks good, hopefully it wont be F2P. Otherwise I will pass.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Gurus who would appreciate a beta invite:

• ByblosHex
    • Darkest
    • Scerate
    • signex

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Same as Planetside 2 had. You can either pay monthly and get bonus like more exp etc, or the usual F2P business model.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I won't mind paying monthly if that's what one of the options is. If the game is good, I'll want to support it. From what I gather WildStar WILL BE the raiding MMO of the near future. A lot of Rift/WoW guilds are going to be all over it. That makes it sound really promising to me. I just wish I could get into beta, but hey, I'll just have to wait.

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    A few of the developers worked on WoW, and you can tell by the look of the game what they are going for.

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I've had my eye on this one for awhile, no invite as of yet.

8. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Didnt get in last beta. No invite but apparently im told I can get in as long as i do it to test raids (its a guild invite)... Torn, on one hand they are saying all the right things, on the other hand.. look at who's publishing it :p

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i can simply see relation of developers with WoW. thanx tor the topic

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    OP updated

11. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Hey look it's Nagrand and Shattrath and Pandaria!

/shudder

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's a WoW clone....done by some former Blizzard North employees.... Torchlight was done by a bunch of former Blizzard North employees too...from the original Diablo development team. Just because they could create 1 massively successful game....doesn't mean they can create another capable of knocking off their original.

13. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    True, does look a lot like WOW and I think I will give it a miss tbh. Pitty blizzard won't revamp WOW to completely using DX11, I mean if it looked more realistic I'd probably play it again. Anyhow I think I'll wait for ESO and see how that pans out, if that doesn't cut it, then I guess I'll be waiting a while for something else.

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'll give this a shot if it's got a F2P option....but I'm not going to spend money on a game before I'm sure I'll invest any real time in it. I paid $10 for Rift and was bored of it in less than 2 hours...

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Well after watching all the YT vids, I think I'm going to give this game a shot. I am curious how that "hybrid" F2P is going to work. IF it's cosmetic stuff, i'm ok with it. I' guess we'll have to wait and see.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hmmm. Most people play MMOs for epeen and for epic looking gear. I'm against buying cosmetics with $$$. But we'll see.

17. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I wouldn't personally buy cosmetic items for money, but I'd rather that sort of option be available in a pay shop. Much better for the game and community than people buying items which directly effect gameplay.

18. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I really dislike micro-transactions, but if it isn't pay2win and the micro-transactions help keep the main game free to play can't really complain.

Watched the vids, while the game looks pretty OTT it'll probably be loads of fun :D

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't want any micro transactions in games. If I put hours into a game, let's say 300 hours, I don't want an average Joe to have same looking gear as mine. Cosmetic items are bad imo, I really hate all the f2p bs. We've had at least 50 sh1te f2p games in the last few years, I would rather have 2 good paid games than 50 crap ones. Quality over quantity any day.

20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm one of those people that doesn't much care what gear looks like for the most part. I'm interested in the stats and how much it improves my character, cosmetic options mean nothing to me. I can understand that some people want unique items visually, but I don't see why both worlds aren't possible. Just make sure raid gear looks different to cash shop, job done. Besides, when I was still actively playing WoW a lot of the people I played with looked down on people that invested heavily in cosmetic crap. There's always going to be a divide between people playing for the higher end content and people playing casually.