How to print text in web pages?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by jeffmorris, Jul 14, 2013.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I tried to help my sister print text in web pages without printing "garbage" such as ads but I didn't know how to do that. The website doesn't have "Print Version" button. There are too much blank space on printed pages. How can I print text in web pages without printing "garbage" ?

http://www.poison-ivy.org/html/faq.htm

2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
  3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
  4. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    I hear what you are saying and I think it's the layout of this particular web page that is causing the printed version to have large areas of blank space.

This is the layout of the text when I copy the whole web page into a word document.

[​IMG]

If I use the freeware app PDF Creator to 'print' the page (as a PDF file) from within internet explorer then it ends up looking like this.

[​IMG]

It's just a poorly formatted web page for printing. The quickest way to get the page into a printable version would be to Select All of the web page, copy and paste it into a word document and type the questions in the left column of the table into the right column. Leave a one line space between each question and answer and then delete the left column. Unless there's an easier solution that I am unaware of.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013

5. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    Are there some kind of editors that let me load web pages that I saved as files, strip web page formatting, and print the text and images?