Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Blood487, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Blood487

Blood487 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Direct CUII 580(SLI)
    Hey guys, as some of you may know the FFXIV has just begun it's phase 3 beta testing!

And now the NDA is lifted I thought I could share some pictures!

If anyone else is on in the beta why not post your experiences and pictures aswell?

Also, anyone who played during 1.0 is automatically invited to the beta!

Here's one picture I took earlier :)

The game has changed so much...I can't believe how amazing it has become, this is definitely going to shape MMO's for a LONG time!

[​IMG]

I would take more but....

I'm itching to keep going!

Will post more a little later!

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Did they send Phase 3 invites yet via email? I didn't. I was in phase 2.

3. Blood487

Blood487 Master Guru

GPU:
    Boot up your Beta launcher and log in.

It should download the phase 3 patch and you can play.

If you were in the previous beta(s) (like me) you can log into the client and play once it's updated.

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I only played first month of it, so i guess it pretty much changed, for the better i hope.

5. Blood487

Blood487 Master Guru

GPU:
    I hated the original, but the new version has changed immensely, it's more in depth with gameplay, music and most of all cutscenes!

The intro to the game made MUCH more sense, it's longer (about 10 minutes) with small breaks in between for dialogue.

Definitely try it if you have the chance.

6. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    From what little I've played, the game looks pretty cool. Most impressive are definitely the characters. But its really well designed overall.
    Will check out the next beta phase, to see some more content, character progression, item progression, bosses... the important stuff.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Square Enix completely confused me here

[​IMG]

When does the beta start? those dates are incorrect :/ I'm guessing it's next Monday to Friday, but those dates don't match. Bit of a fiasco

8. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    It starts 16th, Fri. Runs over the weekend like all the previous betas. Pretty funny they got the days wrong.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    thanks, so it's friday to monday?

10. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    From what I read on the beta forums, yup.

11. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    They didn't get the days wrong. The time they are giving in GMT is not the same date in US time zones.

Phase 4 beta starts on the first day for people that were in Phase 3 beta. Open beta starts the next day.

12. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Come again? 16th Aug 9:00 GMT is not a Monday, as the email says.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I bought, well, pre-ordered this game for a smidgen under £14 a few weeks from ShopTo.net a few weeks back and received a promotional beta code. However, when I tried to access the beta I was told that Phase 4 had not begun and that the current beta had ended (on 22nd July, I think). Anyway, I signed up for the beta and this morning I received a promotional beta code for the... wait for it... PS3 version!!!

Well, that's really useful considering I ordered the PC version! (If anyone wants the PS3 code then send me a message and you can have it gladly!)

14. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Darren go to the beta tester forums and you can download both versions. My friend pre-ordered the PS3 version and was still able to try the beta on his PC as well. When I downloaded the PC client I could also download the PS3 one.

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Why is the Lancer class so populair? Like 70% of the population are lancers. :D

16. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Depends on your starting area what you'll see more of, plus the dragoon looks like a bad ass.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    OK so I've downloaded the beta and I've created my character (the graphics are really, really beautiful even at this point) but I'm unable to join a World. At first I was getting an service account error that no more characters could be created on this World even though I had none at that point. So I quit and remembered that I had created a character with the Official Benchmark/Character Creation tool last week so I loaded that one and tried to enter a World again. This time I get an error that new characters cannot be created on this World at this time. I'm trying to select an EU server, Cerebus I think, as all the others are NA and I'm in the UK.

Should I just select an NA one? Will I be able to use these characters on an EU server when the game launches next week?

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    "Your current service account does not allow for the creation of any more characters on this World".

What does that mean? I've only got one created character? :3eyes:

Is it because the beta isn't actived properly or something? Althought I have a beta code from pre-ordering the game from ShopTo.net I have not had to enter it anyway. Am I supposed to register it to my account? If so then how do I do that as I cannot see anywhere under Account Management to enter it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Had the same error, quit the game and relaunch it, worked for me. The game is just not grabbing me at all, gonna give it a miss.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    OK, so I've found where I enter the beta access code: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app

But my code is in the format ABCDEF-012-GHIJKL-345 whereas the fields on the website appear to require five sets of four digits. As such my code is not accepted. Typical!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013