Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum
MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum This forum is intended for MSI customers for questions on the AfterBurner Overclock Utility based off Rivatuner. In this section the users help each other out with answers as well as support staff from MSI.

MSI AB not recording Ventrilo
Old
  (#1)
SpartanVXL

Videocard: MSI NGTX460 1GB SLI
Processor: Intel i7 3770k @4.2GHz
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair HX750
Default MSI AB not recording Ventrilo - 06-13-2013, 14:02 | posts: 2

Hey guys, runing AB 3.0.0 Beta 10 and am using it to record in-game with a slight problem. Everything is recording properly (game audio and my own voice through mic) and mixed on to one track, but Ventrilo output is not being recorded alongside the game audio. Is this an issue with AB not recording audio from DirectSound? (which is where Ventrilo is outputting to supposedly)

Old
  (#2)
gedo
Member Guru

Videocard: PowerColor HD5850 1GB
Processor: Intel Core i5-750 @3,6
Mainboard: Asus P7P55D-E Pro
Memory: 12GB DDR3-1600@1466
Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX + ATH-AD700
PSU: Antec TP-550 ATX
Default 06-14-2013, 21:55 | posts: 104 | Location: Finland

Some more information is needed:

What have you selected as audio sources in MSI Afterburner properties > Video capture?

What operating system are you using?

Old
  (#3)
SpartanVXL

Videocard: MSI NGTX460 1GB SLI
Processor: Intel i7 3770k @4.2GHz
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair HX750
Default 07-21-2013, 16:10 | posts: 2

Sorry for being a month late, am now on Beta 11 but still with the same problem.

For the two sources I'm using the Windows Audio Service API device (which points to my Logitech G930's) and DirectSound capture device (G930 mic) for the second source.

The Mixing option is selected and both game audio and my voice through the mic are being recorded on to one track with no problems. I'm thinking the problem is because Ventrilo outputs to DirectSound instead of WASAPI and is therefore not recorded alongside the game audio. Is there supposed to be a DirectSound Audio option as well as DS capture? Because I do not see this option.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64