Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Frontpage news
Frontpage news Perhaps you have some news to report or want to check out the latest Guru3D headlines and comment ? Check it in here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
AMD Gaming Evolved Program gets Exclusive Hardware Partnership on THIEF
Old
  (#1)
Hilbert Hagedoorn
Don Vito Corleone
 
Hilbert Hagedoorn's Avatar
 
Videocard: AMD | NVIDIA
Processor: Core i7 4770
Mainboard: Z77
Memory: 8GB
Soundcard: X-Fi - GigaWorks 7.1
PSU: 1200 Watt
Default AMD Gaming Evolved Program gets Exclusive Hardware Partnership on THIEF - 06-11-2013, 13:32 | posts: 19,596 | Location: Guru3D testlab

AMD today announced exclusive collaboration with Square Enix to optimize “THIEF” for the Graphics Core Next architecture in select AMD Radeon™ graphics processors, as wel...

AMD Gaming Evolved Program gets Exclusive Hardware Partnership on THIEF¯
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#2)
zer0_c0ol
Maha Guru
 
zer0_c0ol's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2x290xCF
Processor: intel 3930k
Mainboard: rampage iv extreme x79
Memory: 8 gigs kingston hyper x d
Soundcard: audigy 2zs gold
PSU: antec 850 w
Default 06-11-2013, 13:56 | posts: 1,921 | Location: mostar(BIH)

well it is only logical amd has the console market, there are no more pc ports because all is x86 now
   
Reply With Quote
Nvidia anyone ??
Old
  (#3)
poornaprakash
Newbie
 
poornaprakash's Avatar
 
Videocard: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870XT
Processor: Intel Core i5 750 3.4GHz
Mainboard: ASUS P7H55
Memory: G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar DG
PSU: Corsair VX 450W
Thumbs up Nvidia anyone ?? - 06-11-2013, 14:44 | posts: 17

That's another blow to Nvidia. After AMDs white wash win on all console hardware, nvidia is loosing gaming market day by day. In the near future all most all cross platform games would be AMD hardware optimized. That in turn significantly lower driver problems on AMD hardware and game would obviously run much better on AMD Radeon GPUs.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
VanPersie
Banned
 
Videocard: Nvidia GTX 570
Processor: Intel i7 860
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair HX650
Default 06-11-2013, 15:58 | posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poornaprakash View Post
That's another blow to Nvidia. After AMDs white wash win on all console hardware, nvidia is loosing gaming market day by day. In the near future all most all cross platform games would be AMD hardware optimized. That in turn significantly lower driver problems on AMD hardware and game would obviously run much better on AMD Radeon GPUs.
Who cares? Ban HIV and possible other diseases treatment for AMD fanboys and it's over.
http://www.eweek.com/innovation/nvid...-breakthrough/
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#5)
---TK---
Ancient Guru
 
---TK---'s Avatar
 
Videocard: 780Ti SLI/Qnix 2710 100Hz
Processor: 2600k 4.7Ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Memory: RipJaws X 2x8GB 2133Mhz
Soundcard: Phoebus + DT880 Pro 250
PSU: Corsair AX 1200
Default 06-11-2013, 17:03 | posts: 17,184 | Location: New Jersey, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanPersie View Post
Who cares? Ban HIV and possible other diseases treatment for AMD fanboys and it's over.
http://www.eweek.com/innovation/nvid...-breakthrough/
Lmao
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
moab600
Ancient Guru
 
moab600's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 780 AMP 1267/7300MHZ
Processor: Core I7 2700K 4.8GHZ
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68-V LE
Memory: 8GB DDRIII 1866MHZ
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Z Z906 PCIE
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 650W 85+Br
Default 06-11-2013, 21:44 | posts: 3,997 | Location: Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by poornaprakash View Post
That's another blow to Nvidia. After AMDs white wash win on all console hardware, nvidia is loosing gaming market day by day. In the near future all most all cross platform games would be AMD hardware optimized. That in turn significantly lower driver problems on AMD hardware and game would obviously run much better on AMD Radeon GPUs.
Let's assume nvidia will lose gaming market to AMD, and AMD will not have competition ,trust me the price WILL go higher and they can do whatever they want, some people see nvidia is the devil with the Titan price(F***ing high yea) that is because AMD pose no treat at all in that segment.

For all consumers i hope the battles between nvidia and AMD will last, and so yet AMD have great bundles, won the consoles, got excellent exclusives but still nvidia is not out, not even close, we stay tune and see
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
yasamoka
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: 7970CF@QX2710 1440p 110Hz
Processor: i7 930 @3.61GHz
Mainboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium
Memory: 6GB Corsair Dominators
Soundcard: Audio-GD NFB-11.32 +DT880
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default 06-11-2013, 22:23 | posts: 2,901 | Location: Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanPersie View Post
Who cares? Ban HIV and possible other diseases treatment for AMD fanboys and it's over.
http://www.eweek.com/innovation/nvid...-breakthrough/
hahahaha
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
Blackops_2
Master Guru
 
Blackops_2's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780 Classified
Processor: 3770K stock
Mainboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3
Memory: 16GB GSkill Ripjaws 2133
Soundcard:
PSU: Seasonic X-1250 Gold
Default 06-11-2013, 22:27 | posts: 314 | Location: Mississippi

I just want The Division on PC
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
Lane
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: 2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
Processor: I7 4930K H2o EK Supremacy
Mainboard: Asus X79 Deluxe
Memory: G-Skill C9 2133mhz 16GB
Soundcard: X-FI Titanium HD + SP2500
PSU: CM 1000W
Default 06-11-2013, 22:39 | posts: 5,201 | Location: Switzerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by moab600 View Post
Let's assume nvidia will lose gaming market to AMD, and AMD will not have competition ,trust me the price WILL go higher and they can do whatever they want, some people see nvidia is the devil with the Titan price(F***ing high yea) that is because AMD pose no treat at all in that segment.

For all consumers i hope the battles between nvidia and AMD will last, and so yet AMD have great bundles, won the consoles, got excellent exclusives but still nvidia is not out, not even close, we stay tune and see
Nvidia come one year later with Titan, who is at maximum 20-30% faster of the old 7970ghz ( even if GK110 was present on HPC 6 month before for exclusive HPC system ( called titan in Texas ) ..

And yes, AMD have decide to not release anything before the end of the year it seems ( maybe finally not, we will now this thoses next days, rumors say Sea Island cancelled, Volcanic Islan replace it for the end of the year, but like Nvidia have finally move on with GK110, maybe AMD could push Sea Island finally for compet in term of marketing ) ..

Now, they have just get one contract more with GE, nothing more, most big games have been put under GE this last year. .. good for AMD publicity, maybe the game will be a bit more optimized for AMD at release, even if im not sure of it ( outside if it use DX11.1 , who is not supported by Nvidia in hardware )... But i hope we will not see this..

For now, and for most of the Gaming evolved games, they have follow the rules ( theres got some little things with TR and TressFX and Dirt, but thats all ), and i really hope on the performance side AMD will respect the rules and dont pull down performance of Nvidia cards without any reason for Thief too.

Last edited by Lane; 06-11-2013 at 22:46.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
Redemption80
Ancient Guru
 
Redemption80's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 570
Processor: i7-2600K @ 4.6ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67
Memory: G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar D2
PSU: Corsair GS800
Default 06-11-2013, 22:53 | posts: 14,480 | Location: Glasgow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
Nvidia come one year later with Titan, who is at maximum 20-30% faster of the old 7970ghz ( even if GK110 was present on HPC 6 month before for exclusive HPC system ( called titan in Texas ) ..

And yes, AMD have decide to not release anything before the end of the year it seems ( maybe finally not, we will now this thoses next days, rumors say Sea Island cancelled, Volcanic Islan replace it for the end of the year, but like Nvidia have finally move on with GK110, maybe AMD could push Sea Island finally for compet in term of marketing ) ..

Now, they have just get one contract more with GE, nothing more, most big games have been put under GE this last year. .. good for AMD publicity, maybe the game will be a bit more optimized for AMD at release, even if im not sure of it ( outside if it use DX11.1 , who is not supported by Nvidia in hardware )... But i hope we will not see this..

For now, and for most of the Gaming evolved games, they have follow the rules ( theres got some little things with TR and TressFX and Dirt, but thats all ), and i really hope on the performance side AMD will respect the rules and dont pull down performance of Nvidia cards without any reason for Thief too.
I don't know, it depends how much all this is costing AMD.

Not saying AMD should add features that trip up Nvidia cards, but if Nvidia card's benefit just as much it feels like Nvidia owners get the best of both worlds while AMD owners don't.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#11)
thatguy91
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: HIS R9-280x Iceq X2 Turbo
Processor: i5-3570K
Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme6
Memory: DDR3-2400 2x8GB
Soundcard: ALC898 + Microlab FC-730
PSU: Enermax Platimax 750W
Default 06-11-2013, 23:38 | posts: 3,503 | Location: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by moab600 View Post
Let's assume nvidia will lose gaming market to AMD, and AMD will not have competition ,trust me the price WILL go higher and they can do whatever they want
Just like Intel over AMD CPU's.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
The Postman
Maha Guru
 
The Postman's Avatar
 
Videocard: 290x CF EK H2O
Processor: I7 4770k 4.6ghz
Mainboard: Z87X-UD5H
Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR3
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
PSU: Antec HCP 1200w
Default 06-11-2013, 23:44 | posts: 1,668 | Location: Boston

They didnt do it with Crysis 3. It has TXAA which is exclusive for Nvidia cards on an AMD game.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
sykozis
Ancient Guru
 
sykozis's Avatar
 
Videocard: eVGA GTX660SC SLI
Processor: Core i7 2600K
Mainboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Memory: 8gb G.Skill DDR3-1866
Soundcard: Creative Recon3D PCIe
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze
Default 06-12-2013, 00:17 | posts: 15,602 | Location: US East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanPersie View Post
Who cares? Ban HIV and possible other diseases treatment for AMD fanboys and it's over.
http://www.eweek.com/innovation/nvid...-breakthrough/
This is the single, dumbest post I've ever read.

Which, btw, the game "Fold It" preceeded this by roughly 1.5 years....

The results of the "Fold It" game....
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27083_3-20...-breakthrough/
http://techland.time.com/2011/09/19/...ts-for-decade/
http://phys.org/news/2012-01-foldit-...dsourcing.html

And who wants treatments, when the results of the "Fold It" game make a vaccine/cure possible?


   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
-Tj-
Ancient Guru
 
-Tj-'s Avatar
 
Videocard: Inno3D GTX580 1.53GB
Processor: Intel i7 4770K OC 4.7GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 - Deluxe
Memory: Crucial BLE 4x4GB 2400MHz
Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: Chieftec NTRO88+ 650W
Default 06-12-2013, 00:26 | posts: 5,658 | Location: Urban`Jungle

he was obviously butthurt by that nvidia bashing, you know how are diehard nv fanboys
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
SLI-756
Ancient Guru
 
SLI-756's Avatar
 
Videocard: 760 FTW
Processor: 3570k @4.8
Mainboard: gigabyte z77x up4
Memory: dominator gt @2400mhz
Soundcard: asus xonar dx
PSU: xfx 850
Default 06-12-2013, 07:25 | posts: 5,771 | Location: Sunny Scotland

More TressFX?
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.