Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Frontpage news
Frontpage news Perhaps you have some news to report or want to check out the latest Guru3D headlines and comment ? Check it in here.

ASRock Purity Sound for its 8-series motherboards
Old
  (#1)
Hilbert Hagedoorn
Don Vito Corleone

Videocard: AMD | NVIDIA
Processor: Core i7 4770K
Mainboard: Z77
Memory: 8GB
Soundcard: X-Fi - GigaWorks 7.1
PSU: 1200 Watt
Default ASRock Purity Sound for its 8-series motherboards - 05-04-2013, 08:35 | posts: 20,529 | Location: Guru3D testlab

ASRock spreads word that its upcoming 8-series motherboards for Intel's Haswell processor will intoduce A-Style, a new set of audio features that includes Purity Sound. These motherboards will featur...

ASRock Purity Sound for its 8-series motherboards

Old
  (#2)
warlord
Master Guru

Videocard: amd 7850 cf
Processor: i7 3770k @4.8 HT
Mainboard: Msi Mpower Z77
Memory: 32gb ddr3 geil evo
Soundcard: creative
PSU: ax1200i corsair
Default 05-04-2013, 09:20 | posts: 495

I am glad after gigabyte now asrock trying to improve onboard sound, they've realized the pure weakness of it and they do whatever possible to surpass the bad past of it...But I doubt it...Even some old creatives X-FIs are superior : /

Old
  (#3)
PhoBos82

Videocard: EVGA GTX 670 FTW
Processor: Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8ghz
Mainboard: ASrock Gen3
Memory: Corsair Vengence, 2x 4gig
Soundcard: Soundblaster Audigy
PSU: Enermax 750
Default 05-04-2013, 17:52 | posts: 33 | Location: San Diego

Seems like alot of manufacturers are starting to go this route.

Old
  (#4)
Neo Cyrus
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX HD 6970 @ 1015/6400
Processor: Xeon W3530 @ 4GHz
Mainboard: GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 2.0
Memory: 6GB DDR3-2000 9-9-9-24-1T
Soundcard: SB ZxR + DT 990 Pro-250
PSU: Antec High Current 900W
Default 05-04-2013, 19:00 | posts: 7,493 | Location: GTA, Canada

"115dB SNR DAC, the highest in the industry" - Lolwut? I suppose they mean the highest for an integrated sound card? 120-124dB SNR is seemingly the standard for high end sound cards.

It's nice that companies are starting to invest a little more into integrated sound, but Realtek's stuff has always been a whole lot of meh and I don't expect much more from this despite the op amps. If any of you actually care about sound I highly recommend buying a discrete card.

Old
  (#5)
sykozis
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Radeon R7 240
Processor: AMD Athlon 5350
Mainboard: Asus AM1M-A
Memory: 8gb G.Skill DDR3-1866
Soundcard: Realtek® ALC887-VD
PSU: Unk 300watt
Default 05-04-2013, 22:35 | posts: 16,136 | Location: US East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
"115dB SNR DAC, the highest in the industry" - Lolwut? I suppose they mean the highest for an integrated sound card? 120-124dB SNR is seemingly the standard for high end sound cards.

It's nice that companies are starting to invest a little more into integrated sound, but Realtek's stuff has always been a whole lot of meh and I don't expect much more from this despite the op amps. If any of you actually care about sound I highly recommend buying a discrete card.
Realtek has made a lot of improvements in their audio chips over the last 10 years. That said, it's rather sad that you have to look back 10 years to realize the improvements they've made....however, simply recommending that people buy a discrete sound card, doesn't really help them with improving their audio experience. There are just as many discrete sound cards on the market that produce horrid sound, as there are motherboards using Realtek and VIA audio chipsets. You need to be a good bit more specific in recommend discrete sound cards....and a bit more blunt. Buy either an Asus Xonar sound card, Creative X-Fi Titanium HD or Creative Z series sound card if you want to improve your audio experience.