Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum
MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum This forum is intended for MSI customers for questions on the AfterBurner Overclock Utility based off Rivatuner. In this section the users help each other out with answers as well as support staff from MSI.

MSI Afterburner does not reset GPU/memory clock after reboot
Old
  (#1)
themonkwow

Videocard: MSI R7870-2GD5T/OC
Processor: AMD Athlon
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Chieftec 1000 W
Default MSI Afterburner does not reset GPU/memory clock after reboot - 05-01-2013, 10:43 | posts: 1

I owe MSI Radeon HD 7870 2048MB R7870-2GD5T/OC, 3 pcs. I am experimenting with overclocking, and sometimes after rebooting I face the black screen. Currently I'm blaming it on overclocking. To avoid crashes at startup I left the default clock of cards (1050-1200) and turned off "Apply overclocking at system startup" option (MSI Afterburner 2.3.1, starting with Windows), but the problem of black screen remains. After one rebooting I noticed that miner which auto-starts after reboot gives me the hashrates of overclocked cards, although in Afterburner window all clocks were on default level. I ran GPU-Z, and it confirmed to me that cards were overclocked, and Afterburner is telling me the opposite (attached screenshot). After adjusting of clock slider in Afterburner and hitting "Apply" all clock really reset to default. But the fact is that after resetting and rebooting Afterburner keeps the clock rates on the level set before rebooting, while showing the incorrect information in its window.

Can you please tell me how to make Afterburner reset all clocks to default level after reboot (normal or BSOD) and to show the correct information.

Thank you.

Old
  (#2)
EdKiefer
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI 660ti PE
Processor: 3570k
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77V pro
Memory: DDR3 1600
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair XT650
Default 05-01-2013, 13:50 | posts: 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonkwow View Post
I owe MSI Radeon HD 7870 2048MB R7870-2GD5T/OC, 3 pcs. I am experimenting with overclocking, and sometimes after rebooting I face the black screen. Currently I'm blaming it on overclocking. To avoid crashes at startup I left the default clock of cards (1050-1200) and turned off "Apply overclocking at system startup" option (MSI Afterburner 2.3.1, starting with Windows), but the problem of black screen remains. After one rebooting I noticed that miner which auto-starts after reboot gives me the hashrates of overclocked cards, although in Afterburner window all clocks were on default level. I ran GPU-Z, and it confirmed to me that cards were overclocked, and Afterburner is telling me the opposite (attached screenshot). After adjusting of clock slider in Afterburner and hitting "Apply" all clock really reset to default. But the fact is that after resetting and rebooting Afterburner keeps the clock rates on the level set before rebooting, while showing the incorrect information in its window.

Can you please tell me how to make Afterburner reset all clocks to default level after reboot (normal or BSOD) and to show the correct information.

Thank you.
never dealt with AMD+AB but have you tried this , setup AB so you enable auto-start in general menu and on bottom GUI option .

now make two profiles, one that you want stock clocks for everything and one for your OC .

The go to settings>profiles and set the stock one to 2d and the OC to 3d profile .

see if that helps .

Old
  (#3)
rewt
Maha Guru

Videocard: √
Processor: √
Mainboard: √
Memory: √
Soundcard: √
PSU: √
Default 05-01-2013, 16:24 | posts: 1,244 | Location: Americas

If some other software loads and overclocks your graphic cards once Afterburner is already running, it might not display correct speeds in the user interface. Try restarting Afterburner or look at the graph for a more accurate clock speed report.

Tags
bug, overclocking