Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Frontpage news
Frontpage news Perhaps you have some news to report or want to check out the latest Guru3D headlines and comment ? Check it in here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
EA wins worst company again, COO blames homophobia
Old
  (#1)
Stukov
Ancient Guru
 
Stukov's Avatar
 
Videocard: 6970 UL / 4870X2 (dead)
Processor: Intel i5 3570k 4.2-4.4Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Professional
Memory: 16GB Gskill 1866Mhz
Soundcard: Audigy
PSU: Corsair 850watt
Default EA wins worst company again, COO blames homophobia - 04-11-2013, 13:54 | posts: 4,876 | Location: South Dakota

http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better
Quote:
Some of these complaints are 100 percent legitimate – like all large companies we are not perfect. But others just don’t hold water:

Many continue to claim the Always-On function in SimCity is a DRM scheme. It’s not. People still want to argue about it. We can’t be any clearer – it’s not. Period.
Some claim there’s no room for Origin as a competitor to Steam. 45 million registered users are proving that wrong.
Some people think that free-to-play games and micro-transactions are a pox on gaming. Tens of millions more are playing and loving those games.
We’ve seen mailing lists that direct people to vote for EA because they disagree with the choice of the cover athlete on Madden NFL. Yes, really…
In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games. This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America.
There you have it folks. It's not a bad reaction to DRM, DLC, F2P, or buggy rushed games. It's we are homophobic. There was also an article that EA was caught trying to rig the voting (was caught, blocked, and told not to do it again), but I can't find the article.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#2)
h0d
Master Guru
 
h0d's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI R7970 Cfx - EKwb En
Processor: 3930k - EK HF-Supreme
Mainboard: Rog Rampage Extreme IV
Memory: DDR3-2133 16g
Soundcard: HT | Omega - eClaro 7.1
PSU: Silverstone 1200W
Default 04-11-2013, 13:55 | posts: 188 | Location: Québec

EA you mad
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
zer0_c0ol
Maha Guru
 
zer0_c0ol's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2x290xCF
Processor: intel 3930k
Mainboard: rampage iv extreme x79
Memory: 8 gigs kingston hyper x d
Soundcard: audigy 2zs gold
PSU: antec 850 w
Default 04-11-2013, 14:14 | posts: 1,940 | Location: mostar(BIH)

i blame homophobic pirates...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Mufflore
Ancient Guru
 
Mufflore's Avatar
 
Videocard: KFA2 Anarchy 580@930/4650
Processor: 2500K @ 4.5GHz - blew it!
Mainboard: Gigabyte P67 UD4 B3
Memory: 8G Kngston 2.2GHz CL11 1T
Soundcard: Minimax+ & Dexa Opamps !!
PSU: Corsair Pro AX750
Default 04-11-2013, 14:14 | posts: 9,769 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukov View Post
http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better

There you have it folks. It's not a bad reaction to DRM, DLC, F2P, or buggy rushed games. It's we are homophobic. There was also an article that EA was caught trying to rig the voting (was caught, blocked, and told not to do it again), but I can't find the article.
You know, I had to look up homophobic on Google to make sure I hadnt missed one of its meanings, I hadnt.
What are you on about?

You've spoiled a good chance to take a dig at EA lol.

edit:
Ah, EA actually said that lol, you could have put that in the OP.
Double the reason to dig at EA lol

Last edited by Mufflore; 04-11-2013 at 14:36.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#5)
IPlayNaked
Banned
 
Videocard: XFire 7950 1200/1850
Processor: Intel i5 2500k 5 Ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD55
Memory: 8GB Corsair Dominator
Soundcard: Logitech G930
PSU: Corsair 650w
Default 04-11-2013, 14:35 | posts: 6,559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukov View Post
http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better

There you have it folks. It's not a bad reaction to DRM, DLC, F2P, or buggy rushed games. It's we are homophobic. There was also an article that EA was caught trying to rig the voting (was caught, blocked, and told not to do it again), but I can't find the article.
Except he mentions and acknowledges, then responds to, what I've bolded. He put in one statement about a conservative campaign and you make the entire piece about that.

It's dishonest and it's stupid. You know it is. EA so bad, whatever, let's jerk each other off, but don't post a response from the guy and say he didn't say anything about DRM, DLC, F2P, and other **** when you can clearly, clearly see that he did in the very thing you linked.

Quote:
Are we really the “Worst Company in America?” I’ll be the first to admit that we’ve made plenty of mistakes. These include server shut downs too early, games that didn’t meet expectations, missteps on new pricing models and most recently, severely fumbling the launch of SimCity. We owe gamers better performance than this.

Some of these complaints are 100 percent legitimate – like all large companies we are not perfect. But others just don’t hold water:

Many continue to claim the Always-On function in SimCity is a DRM scheme. It’s not. People still want to argue about it. We can’t be any clearer – it’s not. Period.

Some claim there’s no room for Origin as a competitor to Steam. 45 million registered users are proving that wrong.

Some people think that free-to-play games and micro-transactions are a pox on gaming. Tens of millions more are playing and loving those games.

We’ve seen mailing lists that direct people to vote for EA because they disagree with the choice of the cover athlete on Madden NFL. Yes, really…
Like that entire ****ing section is him saying exactly what YOU say he wouldn't own up to. And then he owns up to it. What this piece really says is that if you don't like the direction they're going, maybe EA isn't the gaming company for you. Maybe its time to look elsewhere.

Hell, at least EA makes games for money. I get why they do what they do. You're just doing this for some ego trip.

EDIT: I mean, he practically goes through the exact ****ing list you posted about complaints. Honestly, he does it in pretty much the same order as your list too. What, are you blind, or willfully ignorant?

Last edited by IPlayNaked; 04-11-2013 at 14:37.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
Denial
Ancient Guru
 
Denial's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 980
Processor: i7-3770K
Mainboard: ASUS Maximus 5 Formula
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR3 2133
Soundcard: ZxR & HD800 Lyr/PC350SE
PSU: Seasonic 1000w
Default 04-11-2013, 14:37 | posts: 7,177 | Location: Above Earth in a Big Rocket Ship

Obviously the last issue is a red herring but I don't think it needs to be singled out as click bait for the title of the article.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
Denial
Ancient Guru
 
Denial's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 980
Processor: i7-3770K
Mainboard: ASUS Maximus 5 Formula
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR3 2133
Soundcard: ZxR & HD800 Lyr/PC350SE
PSU: Seasonic 1000w
Default 04-11-2013, 14:49 | posts: 7,177 | Location: Above Earth in a Big Rocket Ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPlayNaked View Post
Except he mentions and acknowledges, then responds to, what I've bolded. He put in one statement about a conservative campaign and you make the entire piece about that.

It's dishonest and it's stupid. You know it is. EA so bad, whatever, let's jerk each other off, but don't post a response from the guy and say he didn't say anything about DRM, DLC, F2P, and other **** when you can clearly, clearly see that he did in the very thing you linked.



Like that entire ****ing section is him saying exactly what YOU say he wouldn't own up to. And then he owns up to it. What this piece really says is that if you don't like the direction they're going, maybe EA isn't the gaming company for you. Maybe its time to look elsewhere.

Hell, at least EA makes games for money. I get why they do what they do. You're just doing this for some ego trip.

EDIT: I mean, he practically goes through the exact ****ing list you posted about complaints. Honestly, he does it in pretty much the same order as your list too. What, are you blind, or willfully ignorant?
All the points Peter makes are based on the correlation of sales to consumer "happiness". He's saying "it can't be DLC because we sell millions of games" "It can't be DRM because Always Online in Sim City isn't DRM". He's basically fabricating bull**** and ignoring the point -- that this is exactly what makes gamers unhappy. If EA would actually release full games with zero-day DLC and avoided the Sim City bull**** by listening to customer feedback NEARLY A YEAR before they released the game -- there is no way they would have received this title.

I still think the homophobic thing is a red herring, but it's such a cop-out to single that out when there is so much other more meaningful bull**** in the article.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
warlord
Master Guru
 
warlord's Avatar
 
Videocard: amd 7850 cf
Processor: i7 3770k @4.8 HT
Mainboard: Msi Mpower Z77
Memory: 32gb ddr3 geil evo
Soundcard: creative
PSU: ax1200i corsair
Default 04-11-2013, 14:50 | posts: 497

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0_c0ol View Post
i blame homophobic pirates...
on every thread you rage against piracy, man stay put, you are being tiresome.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
zer0_c0ol
Maha Guru
 
zer0_c0ol's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2x290xCF
Processor: intel 3930k
Mainboard: rampage iv extreme x79
Memory: 8 gigs kingston hyper x d
Soundcard: audigy 2zs gold
PSU: antec 850 w
Default 04-11-2013, 14:53 | posts: 1,940 | Location: mostar(BIH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord View Post
on every thread you rage against piracy, man stay put, you are being tiresome.
lol dude u have me mistaken for white lightning..

i love piracy..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
Mufflore
Ancient Guru
 
Mufflore's Avatar
 
Videocard: KFA2 Anarchy 580@930/4650
Processor: 2500K @ 4.5GHz - blew it!
Mainboard: Gigabyte P67 UD4 B3
Memory: 8G Kngston 2.2GHz CL11 1T
Soundcard: Minimax+ & Dexa Opamps !!
PSU: Corsair Pro AX750
Default 04-11-2013, 14:54 | posts: 9,769 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord View Post
on every thread you rage against piracy, man stay put, you are being tiresome.
You thought he was being serious lol.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#11)
warlord
Master Guru
 
warlord's Avatar
 
Videocard: amd 7850 cf
Processor: i7 3770k @4.8 HT
Mainboard: Msi Mpower Z77
Memory: 32gb ddr3 geil evo
Soundcard: creative
PSU: ax1200i corsair
Default 04-11-2013, 14:55 | posts: 497

lmao xD, by the way EA deserves some respect................................
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
IPlayNaked
Banned
 
Videocard: XFire 7950 1200/1850
Processor: Intel i5 2500k 5 Ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD55
Memory: 8GB Corsair Dominator
Soundcard: Logitech G930
PSU: Corsair 650w
Default 04-11-2013, 14:56 | posts: 6,559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial View Post
All the points Peter makes are based on the correlation of sales to consumer "happiness". He's saying "it can't be DLC because we sell millions of games" "It can't be DRM because Always Online in Sim City isn't DRM". He's basically fabricating bull**** and ignoring the point -- that this is exactly what makes gamers unhappy. If EA would actually release full games with zero-day DLC and avoided the Sim City bull**** by listening to customer feedback NEARLY A YEAR before they released the game -- there is no way they would have received this title.

I still think the homophobic thing is a red herring, but it's such a cop-out to single that out when there is so much other more meaningful bull**** in the article.
Yeah, sorry, but sales ARE indicative of what people want. I hate DLC bull**** and I never, ever buy it. I don't own a single piece of DLC for a single game I own. I do enjoy F2P games, I play Planetside 2, League of Legends, etc. I play them because they're accessible and free and I don't need to spend any money. He's right there, too.

Steam does need competition and I personally don't believe the online requirement for Simcity was intended to be DRM. Nice side-effect, sure, but I think they really wanted a lot of interaction between players. The only problem there is that they didn't look at who actually plays simcity. That's a stupid decision, not an evil one.

Guess what guys. EA is a casual gaming company. They don't make the ultra casual games, but they do dumb everything down. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But I don't accept that EA is somehow evil and killing gaming. They do what they do to keep making games and keep making money.

If the games aren't up to par, stop ****ing buying them.

And to head off the complaints about OH I CAN'T STOP BECAUSE THEY KEEP RUINING ALL THE FRANCHISES, the CNC, the Mass Effect, the Dragon Age. The creating companies for those games are the ones who sold out, due to insolvency, ambition, or greed. EA isn't blameless, but they're just doing what they do.

Maybe some day, some of you will learn to just ****ing deal with companies who exist for a different market, a different kind of person.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
Speed Weed
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: GTX 260+
Processor: Core i5 2500K @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus P8P67 Pro ( 3.1)
Memory: 8Gb Corsair @ 1600
Soundcard:
PSU: Tuffpower 850
Default 04-11-2013, 14:59 | posts: 1,038 | Location: Somewhere in Scotland

Then why doesn't the latest version of Sim City do really well in the UK?
Homophobia can earn that type of 'phobic' a long prison term.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
nhlkoho
Ancient Guru
 
nhlkoho's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX770 4GB FTW
Processor: i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Z87 Plus
Memory: Veng. Pro 16GB DDR3-1866
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z
PSU: EVGA 750G2
Default 04-11-2013, 15:07 | posts: 4,889 | Location: Washington DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPlayNaked View Post
If the games aren't up to par, stop ****ing buying them.
Tell that to all the fools that keep buying the same Madden game every year.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
IPlayNaked
Banned
 
Videocard: XFire 7950 1200/1850
Processor: Intel i5 2500k 5 Ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD55
Memory: 8GB Corsair Dominator
Soundcard: Logitech G930
PSU: Corsair 650w
Default 04-11-2013, 15:10 | posts: 6,559

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkoho View Post
Tell that to all the fools that keep buying the same Madden game every year.
Why? If they enjoy it, what's it to you? If you're talking about the exclusivity deal, yeah, EA wrapped that up, and you would have too.

If you want to complain and bitch you complain and bitch to the NFL. The NFL are the ones who sold out to EA. EA is just doing what makes sense. The NFL was clearly willing to give an exclusivity deal to SOMEONE, so why the **** would EA sit around and wait for someone else to snap it up out of some false sense of morality?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#16)
Denial
Ancient Guru
 
Denial's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 980
Processor: i7-3770K
Mainboard: ASUS Maximus 5 Formula
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR3 2133
Soundcard: ZxR & HD800 Lyr/PC350SE
PSU: Seasonic 1000w
Default 04-11-2013, 15:16 | posts: 7,177 | Location: Above Earth in a Big Rocket Ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPlayNaked View Post
Yeah, sorry, but sales ARE indicative of what people want. I hate DLC bull**** and I never, ever buy it. I don't own a single piece of DLC for a single game I own. I do enjoy F2P games, I play Planetside 2, League of Legends, etc. I play them because they're accessible and free and I don't need to spend any money. He's right there, too.

Steam does need competition and I personally don't believe the online requirement for Simcity was intended to be DRM. Nice side-effect, sure, but I think they really wanted a lot of interaction between players. The only problem there is that they didn't look at who actually plays simcity. That's a stupid decision, not an evil one.

Guess what guys. EA is a casual gaming company. They don't make the ultra casual games, but they do dumb everything down. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But I don't accept that EA is somehow evil and killing gaming. They do what they do to keep making games and keep making money.

If the games aren't up to par, stop ****ing buying them.

And to head off the complaints about OH I CAN'T STOP BECAUSE THEY KEEP RUINING ALL THE FRANCHISES, the CNC, the Mass Effect, the Dragon Age. The creating companies for those games are the ones who sold out, due to insolvency, ambition, or greed. EA isn't blameless, but they're just doing what they do.

Maybe some day, some of you will learn to just ****ing deal with companies who exist for a different market, a different kind of person.
I never said sales weren't related to what people want, I said they aren't related to people's opinion of the product. Sim City sold a ton of copies, but obviously people weren't happy with that product. I can name a slew of games by EA that fit that description. The problem is, the same can be said for other companies, like Activision, Ubisoft, etc. And when the vast majority of titles now come from those three companies, and all three companies are peddling the same crap to consumers, it's basically become the "standard". When in reality, compared to say a company like Valve, the level of customer "appreciation" is ****.

And yeah, I believe in the whole "boycott" thing. If you don't like the company, vote with your wallet and stop buying the games. But there is nothing wrong with protesting either. It helps spread the word on why these games are bad and what companies do a better job. Otherwise most people probably wouldn't even care because they are ignorant to what's better.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#17)
AndreasGuido
Ancient Guru
 
AndreasGuido's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970
Processor: Core i5 2500K 3.8GHz
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Soc
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX
Soundcard: Integrated 5.1
PSU: OCZ ZX Series 850W
Default 04-11-2013, 15:22 | posts: 3,500 | Location: Bristol, UK

i would say we are more EAphobic!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18)
Mufflore
Ancient Guru
 
Mufflore's Avatar
 
Videocard: KFA2 Anarchy 580@930/4650
Processor: 2500K @ 4.5GHz - blew it!
Mainboard: Gigabyte P67 UD4 B3
Memory: 8G Kngston 2.2GHz CL11 1T
Soundcard: Minimax+ & Dexa Opamps !!
PSU: Corsair Pro AX750
Default 04-11-2013, 15:22 | posts: 9,769 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlord View Post
lmao xD, by the way EA deserves some respect................................
Obvious troll is obvious.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#19)
IPlayNaked
Banned
 
Videocard: XFire 7950 1200/1850
Processor: Intel i5 2500k 5 Ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD55
Memory: 8GB Corsair Dominator
Soundcard: Logitech G930
PSU: Corsair 650w
Default 04-11-2013, 15:24 | posts: 6,559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial View Post
I never said sales weren't related to what people want, I said they aren't related to people's opinion of the product. Sim City sold a ton of copies, but obviously people weren't happy with that product. I can name a slew of games by EA that fit that description. The problem is, the same can be said for other companies, like Activision, Ubisoft, etc. And when the vast majority of titles now come from those three companies, and all three companies are peddling the same crap to consumers, it's basically become the "standard". When in reality, compared to say a company like Valve, the level of customer "appreciation" is ****.

And yeah, I believe in the whole "boycott" thing. If you don't like the company, vote with your wallet and stop buying the games. But there is nothing wrong with protesting either. It helps spread the word on why these games are bad and what companies do a better job. Otherwise most people probably wouldn't even care because they are ignorant to what's better.
I think your argument is based on a very vocal minority. By now, people know EA is ****. **** game after **** game, they keep coming, keep coming, and every single time, it's the same exact people buying the same exact **** for the same reasons. Then they complain, loudly. People who didn't even buy it, and weren't harmed, complain with them.

If your argument is true, why does this happen every single ****ing time an EA game comes out. If it's true, if people are so continuously and consistently unhappy with the products they receive, why the hell are EA still selling record amounts of games?

Unless, unless..The games aren't for you, they aren't for your type of gamer.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#20)
Stukov
Ancient Guru
 
Stukov's Avatar
 
Videocard: 6970 UL / 4870X2 (dead)
Processor: Intel i5 3570k 4.2-4.4Ghz
Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Professional
Memory: 16GB Gskill 1866Mhz
Soundcard: Audigy
PSU: Corsair 850watt
Default 04-11-2013, 15:42 | posts: 4,876 | Location: South Dakota

IPlayNaked, with all due respect, his points say "this is not the reason we was voted worst company of the year 2 times in a row (meaning you shouldnt blame DRM, F2P, Origin, etc) it is because of his final point, a campaign against the LGBT community because EA allowed LGBT characters in their game.

Are you telling me that you honestly believe that being voted, by consumers, that EA is the worst company of the past two years is not because consumers are against DRM, F2P, Origin, etc (as he mentions) but because a group of people started a campaign against EA for having LGBT characters?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#21)
tsunami231
Ancient Guru
 
tsunami231's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 660gtx sig2
Processor: i7 920 CNPS10X Quiet
Mainboard: Evga x58 SLI LE
Memory: 3x2gb Dominator@1600 6Gb
Soundcard: Realtek HD Audio
PSU: Antec Truepower 750
Default 04-11-2013, 16:51 | posts: 3,497 | Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukov View Post
http://www.ea.com/news/we-can-do-better

There you have it folks. It's not a bad reaction to DRM, DLC, F2P, or buggy rushed games. It's we are homophobic. There was also an article that EA was caught trying to rig the voting (was caught, blocked, and told not to do it again), but I can't find the article.
Shocking it everything but EA's fault...I have not bought an EA game in forever, Swtor was only bought cause it was closest thing to Kotor3 we getting, Use to buy there NHL series ever year till they screw that up
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#22)
PhazeDelta1
Ancient Guru
 
PhazeDelta1's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780Ti Classified SLI
Processor: Intel i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87
Memory: 16GB Corsair 2133MHz
Soundcard: Creative SB Z
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
Default 04-11-2013, 16:59 | posts: 13,547 | Location: USA

   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#23)
Cyberdyne
Maha Guru
 
Cyberdyne's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX760 ACX 1241/3139
Processor: i7 4770K @4.4GHz CLW0222
Mainboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
Memory: Vengeance 2x8GB @1600
Soundcard: Logitech G430 + FiiO E6
PSU: CORSAIR tx750w
Default 04-11-2013, 17:08 | posts: 2,167 | Location: USA, Pennsylvania

Worst game company in the USA? Sure.
Worst company in the USA? Hell no.
Take your pick from any one of the oil companies. Or Bank companies.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#24)
chanw4
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: ASUS GTX 670 4GB GDDR5
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Mainboard: ASUS MAXIMUS V EXTREME
Memory: OCZ Platinum DDR3-1600 4G
Soundcard:
PSU: Enermax Platimax 600W
Default 04-11-2013, 17:58 | posts: 2,269 | Location: Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdyne View Post
Worst game company in the USA? Sure.
Worst company in the USA? Hell no.
Take your pick from any one of the oil companies. Or Bank companies.
sounds like total biscuit.

Anyway, its just another PR BS from Peter and dodging the question and the real problems.

He justify the claim that they are voted down not because of DRM, Origin by saying people loves them for it and it shows on the sales chart. Its a fallacy because those who voted down is not the same group of people who buy the games or are people who bought the game but disappointed. We dont have the precise figure of who voted down the company to make any logical analysis on it. Peter is just BSing the reason on why they are voted down.

Then he try to assert that if its not because of those reason, then it must be homophobic, another illogical conclusion that comes out of nowhere.


   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#25)
IPlayNaked
Banned
 
Videocard: XFire 7950 1200/1850
Processor: Intel i5 2500k 5 Ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD55
Memory: 8GB Corsair Dominator
Soundcard: Logitech G930
PSU: Corsair 650w
Default 04-11-2013, 18:39 | posts: 6,559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stukov View Post
IPlayNaked, with all due respect, his points say "this is not the reason we was voted worst company of the year 2 times in a row (meaning you shouldnt blame DRM, F2P, Origin, etc) it is because of his final point, a campaign against the LGBT community because EA allowed LGBT characters in their game.

Are you telling me that you honestly believe that being voted, by consumers, that EA is the worst company of the past two years is not because consumers are against DRM, F2P, Origin, etc (as he mentions) but because a group of people started a campaign against EA for having LGBT characters?
Obviously not. He gives the real reason, which you know to be true, why EA is voted the worst company in America above, in, again, the statement you linked. This is an online poll. People who play EA's games are the only ones who care about an online poll.

Does anyone objectively believe EA is worse than Bank of America, really? Do you really think they do more damage? Come on, of course they don't. The point is, the reason EA constantly wins this poll is because only the nerds who play EA games vote in it.

But anyway. I think there's a disconnect between you guys and the rest of the world. My point stands. EA isn't a company trying to make games for you, or me. They're making the lowest common denominator games. Lets get as many people on board at any cost and just take in the money. That doesn't make them bad or freaking evil, they're just fufilling demand thats already there.

He says as much in his points. He acknowledges that some disagree with EA for various decisions and practices but the majority of players are content or even happy. Maybe EA doesn't make games for you. Maybe its time to go to the Valves, the Bethesdas, the Indie companies, the hundreds or thousands of other companies that want to cater to you.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.