Battlefield 4 to be Bundled with AMD Cards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    While AMD is preparing to release a new Never Settle gaming bundle offer that will allow select AMD A8 and A10 APU owners to get a free Origin game download code for SimCity. A high-ranking executive ...

Battlefield 4 to be Bundled with AMD Cards

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    great deals from amd

3. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Wow, first, sony invested in amd to implement their graphic chips into the new playstation, which is yet to be released and now they partnered up with ea and their origin service on battlefield 4, well this is can go well for amd, I cannot express how happy Iam because a healthy competition on the graphics card market is a good thing, but it can also backfire massively if the new sony console won't sell as good as it's predecessor and battlefield 4 will fail just like betafield 3 in terms of how buggy the game was on launch and still remains the same after nearly 2 years after the release.... Remember bf3 was released in the autumn 2011, I reckon that they won't ever fix those bugs, because dice dropped their support of bf3 after the last expansion was released and their main focus is on developing bf4.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Well personally I don't care about BF4 but that's still an amazing offer.

Seems AMD really are trying to please......it's nice to see these awesome deals available instead of them just using sly marketing tactics.

Dunno how they do it tbh....

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Battlefield 4 to be bundled with DRM.... technically as, well you know...simcity is online only.

:bang: read article properly i did not. Too busy trying to be funny.

6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    AMD honestly seems desperate. The nVidia deals are crap, but they don't care, they get away with the higher prices and lack of real bundles.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    AMD cant steal my NVIDIA pleasure. good drivers. good GPU. i wont go for AMD anymore.

Besides iwth my 680 i got Assasions Creed Bundle. except 3 all other AC games. not bad.

8. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    something like this, or the lack of, would def make/break a deal. good for amd :D

9. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    I don't know why people are complaining about the bundle of two as yet unreleased products? Personally I would buy an AMD GPU again after how well my 5850 has done (although at this point I don't know for sure as I will assess when released), and I will certainly buy the next Battlefield... What's not to like about getting them in one package?

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Ehhh, then way to go Nvidia! Rip us off!

AMD is just desperate! Kill them off!

I don't think business practices are understood around here much.

11. spex_2

spex_2 Guest

GPU:
    a
    sounds nice, but i hope they will also focus on nvidia/intel hardware, as on amd hardware. else this would rly suck ...

anyway, i can`t understand all the negative arguing about bf3. if you don`t like it, don`t buy it. i also hate the client side hit detection, the lack of commander, missing mod support & recorder.

the drm, well i also hate origin and all the other drm crap. but what can i do? i wanna play the multiplayer, so i have to take that pill. there is no alternative atm.

so what should i do now? don`t buy the game bcus of the drm and the missing gadgets? don`t play a game, although it makes a lot of fun, just to take a stand?

lol, i would rly stand alone :D

if you can show me a cool fps from fall 2011/2012/2013 without any drm, hacks, dlc crap and bugs, with outstanding graphics, hey i would give it a try.

remember bf is not simcity.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Great deals from AMD lately so i like this. Keep them coming...

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Cool.

Oh, and Hilbert; "game at the GDC 2013 running on a PC based on the Radeon HD 7990 graphics car" - I think you're missing a "d".

It makes a lot of sense for DICE to take sides with AMD, and to be honest I think this is a side effect that nVidia did not consider when they messed around sony and m$.

Now (if you really think about it) ALL games will be primarily tested on AMD hardware. If there is no impact to nVidia, someone correct me - and I will humbly stand corrected.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    They gotta do something cause they sure as hell ain't winning the gpu fight, at this rate the 780 will be $2000.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well they are not loosing it ether, thinking that nvidia is winning is clueless.

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Great deals fom AMD! no gpu in sight though.

17. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I start to ask me if AMD have more money we had believe so far lol ..

Crysis3 had cost them really a lot ( some sites claims 4millions of dollars ) for be bundled with AMD cards. Tomb Raider, Bioshock.. and now BF4 confirmed to be bundled too with AMD cards ..

At this rate, it will cost much to AMD on games bundled, it cost them for produce the cards .

Marketing buisness .. And it work, if it was not working, they will have stop after the first bundle ... In reality, they make a lot of noise about thoses bundles.. most games are in general coming with bundles. Its a good way to attract peoples.

Like AMD have team up lately for nearly all big games, let say it is easy for them to do this type of contracts on bundle aside, even if this cost them money. Outside Bonnaire, thoses are all old cards.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Honestly you have to give props to AMD for these deals they have going on their cards. Its some pretty aggressive marketing. Why go with the rivals cards when you can get a card thats

1) powerful
    2) overclockable
    3) runs cool
    4) consumes quite low amounts of power
    5) has much better drivers support than they did
    6) and comes with some pretty top notch triple A games

Some may say they are desperate, but I say they are finally getting their act together. I hate it when people say that gaming PC's are far too expensive. When yea sure, they are not cheap if you want good quality components. But your still getting powerful hardware, the ability to get "free" performance from your hardware when overclocking (if done right). You get some insane deals on games/software on STEAM, GOG, etc. Then you have the F2P model that finally has some games worth playing.

EDIT:

Remember, Dev's and Publishers want you to play their games, they want you to buy them as well. So by giving the games away with AMD's GPU's its making people want to play them and not pirate them. It also gives people more incentive to purchase season passes, and DLC too seen as they didn't pay for the game in the first place. Makes a lot of sense when you think about it. AMD sells more GPU's, devs/pubs get another notch on a games sales chart, more people on their servers, more people downloading and paying for the DLC, and less people pirating. Its win, win.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I Agree totally.

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Great bundle compared to nvidias but I am not basing a gpu purchase on the bundled games. Add on games are great on the amd side.