Xenoblade Chronicles on PC looks gorgeous!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mikul1991, Mar 24, 2013.

1. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    One the best Wii exclusives (92@% on metacritics!) now can be better than ever on your PC!

All you need is Dolphin Emulator and .iso from oryginal Xenoblade Chronicles from Wii.
    Better FPS (now 30, not 25), HD layout, PS3/Xbox360/Wii gamepad works perfectly, 4x better resolution than Wii version...

Check this!
    |
    V
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfquWqWMQ9g

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Most Wii games are gorgeous on Dolphin. They have greater assets than the resolution the console can output itself.

Same thing happened with Dark Souls. Once resolution was unlocked, everything looked great..

Downsampling is the best thing I ever tried, honestly.

3. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    I've playd a lot of games on Dolphn, but Xenoblades Chronicles is perfect (easy modding: great framerate, HD menus, X360 controlls, downsampeling - no bugs, zero problems). When I compare this to my Wii .... :D

Anybody try SweetFX or something with Dolphin? For me SFX doesn't work ;/

4. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV

5. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I played Fatal Frame 4 on Dolphin. SweetFX works, you just have to use it with DirectX9.

So is this game good? I wonder if anyone can post some of the characters. If the character design is good, I might give it a go. Fatal Frame 4 had a good character design so I kept playing it, but couldn't play some areas where I need to do stuff only a Wii controller can do hence stuck at a point. For example, when a ghost holds you, you have to shake the remote to let off, now how am I supposed to do that?

Probably need lots of help in configuring the Wii remote onto the PC, or if I find few more games satisfying I might buy a remote for PC (Incase they're compatible :p)

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    One of the best jRPG's of this generation of consoles, along with The Last Story.

In fact, it's likely the best in many peoples eyes, and it scores incredibly high in reviews, it's really good.

This game though works fine with an xbox controller, there's a texture replacement floating around that replaces the wiimote buttons with xbox buttons (pictures).

7. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    @nanogenesis: character design might be subjective, but in-game, its not much to look at (seems that all the rendering resources was mostly used for the massive open world)

The last jRPG that i really liked was FF9 for the PS1 (along with Xenogears, FF7 what?), then came Xenoblade :)

Also, Another Xeno game coming, prolly Xenoblade 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHYtvOP8AMY

8. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    are you watching the same vid as I have just watched ?

9. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    Compare this to wii and try to see a difference...

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The difference between the Wii title and Emulated Xeno with mods is pretty huge to be honest. I agree, it does look gorgeous. The world is well designed and has an air of life to it, even if the graphic fidelity might not be on par with modern PC games. I'm ten hours into a playthrough and it's honestly one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a very long time, I'd rate it higher than any titles I've played on the PC over the past six months. Even those I've enjoyed.

11. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    Will probably try it. It's sad that it seems like most console games I would like to play don't get a pc version, while many of those I'm not interested in get ported to pc.

12. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
  13. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
  14. mikul1991

mikul1991 Active Member

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    Now with Ubershaders and updated texture pack game looks and works even better than before.

There is also 60FPS hack in progress!

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    What the story about in this game? I know I can google it, but I'd rather ask. Without too many spoilers. ;)

16. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I wouldn't recommend spoiling anything about the best game in the past 20 years. If you have any interest in jrpgs (not Persona or any of that tweenie high school crap), and you don't play this, you have probably missed out on the gaming experience of your life.

I made the topic for this game in 2011, and I still remember the characters, music, world, story like its still then. No other game has stuck in my head like this one. Yes, I have "played them all."

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm in the camp of "Final Fantasy 7 was the greatest rpg of all-time and everything else has been crap since". I enjoyed rpg's immensely growing up on nes, snes and psx. PS2 was the death of the genre for me. So this game always interested me. I may have to give it a go. Didn't they re-release this on 3DS?

18. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    [​IMG]

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I thought Final Fantasy XV was the only FF that did it for me over VII.

20. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    jrpg heretics