Noctua provides free mounting kit upgrades for Intel Haswell

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's very nice of them.

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's the small things like this that make them an attractive choice in a very crowded market.

4. h0d

h0d Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Sea Hawk
    I'm impressed, next time I shop for an air cooler I'll definitely look for a Noctua.

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    That's a badass company. I've never owned a Noctua heatsink, but I've always wanted one like an exotic car. Maybe it's their color scheme that gives off that luxury leather interior vibe.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    They make the best stuff. I don't care what people say. I've tried so many different fans that people recommend as quietest, most CFM, whatever. Always come back to Noctua. I think the colors contrast well with black, so I don't even mind that. Their warranties are long for fans and their customer support is top notch.

7. Black_Lion

Black_Lion Member

GPU:
    HD5870 1 GB
    Noctua is a very cool enterprise indeed. Last summer i sent them an e-mail asking where i could buy a third fan kit for my NH-D14, and they simply asked for my address so they could send it to me, free of charge. Couple of days later it arrived as promised. They surely have one awesome support team, and this small surprises will surely make me go Noctua next time i need to buy another cooler. Really, it's quite rare to see such a big company have such good support and future proof compatibility as this one.

8. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    With the fan as well or just the kit/hardware for it? I've never had a company not send me extras in regards to that before... Well except Lian Li, probably the worst customer service in the industry.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    They also send me a support bar for my NH-C14 for free :)

10. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    damn, im buying my next cpu hsf from them

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    LOL, it's the colour scheme which has often scared me away from them, it looks hideous. Cream and brown, reminds me of an old man's car or a cup of coffee. That and every time I was considering purchasing one a competitor had far better prices.

But things like this always make me keep them in mind. I'll be considering a Noctua HSF for my Haswell build.

12. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    Same here. I thought there'd be more people around here that loathed their colour scheme (which would only look good in a miltary themed/green case IMO, not even in an all black case) :puke:

Those Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 are looking pretty good at 1500RPM, ~15dB, 50.4CFM, and in an all black/carbon finish :D *hint, hint Noctua*

Even if they were just to do some kind of limited run in a different colour... it'd be amazing. Guess you either hate those colours or love them.

13. Segamon

Segamon Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    classy indeed. I have the NH-C12P SE14 on my 3770K@4.2 and 3 NF-F12 PWM distributed as case fans in my Silverstone TJ10, cool and quiet and the color grows on you and you start appreciating its uniqueness.

Highly recommended.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  14. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Have to agree. The tech in their fans is simply awesome. I have 8 Noctua fans in my case.

15. Black_Lion

Black_Lion Member

GPU:
    HD5870 1 GB
    I Had already bought the fans, it was the mounting kit + the small rubbers only :) I say that because, even with Asus i had such terrible support. When i bought my motherboard (socket 1156, with an i5 750), it came with that tiny's OCRemote cord broken and i only noticed after the initial time of purchase had passed (when i decided to finally put it on my computer to try it out), they wanted me to send the freaking entire motherboard to them, just because of a freaking accessory, and it would probably end in a wait of almost 30 days, it was insane. Lucky my local dealer was kind enough to exchange the remote for another one, changing it from another's motherboard they had in store, and sent that one for RMA instead.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    All those complains about the color scheme.

If they change to Black they arn't Noctua anymore and just some brand that makes fans and heatsinks.

(I have a Black Antec P280 with all Noctua Fans and it looks really good.)

17. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    if someone is making the same fans but in different colors let us know

18. mjw

mjw Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti 2GB SC
    Very good from Noctua.

In contrast I recently e-mailed Silverstone for some extra rubber grommets for my HDD cage as they only supply one set and are useless after being used once.

They wanted to charge me 70p each plus postage from Germany to the UK. I declined.

Pathetic