Corsair Vengeance Or Steelseries?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by blesner, Mar 17, 2013.

1. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Hi All

I am a former Razer fanboy(All of my peripherals are Razer) that has had a bad experience with the Razer Ouroboros(****** after one month)

I would now like to make the transition to Corsair or Steelseries peripherals, and my first purchase is probably going to be a Corsair Vengeance M65 Mouse or Steelseries Fnatic edition.

I would like to know the following:

1. Quality of both makes?

2. Performance of both makes?

4. Your thoughts on Corsair?

5. You thoughts on Steelseries?

Thank you very much for your help.

This:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My friend has a Corsair M90 mouse and he's happy with its build quality and performance. M65 should be great too.

3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I'd go with the Corsair.

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    No problems with SteelSeries here and no experience about that kind of Corsair stuff. BTW. I think Corsair is overrated these day, every one recommends it whenever they make something (ram, psu, ssd, kb, mouse, speakers, headset, watercooling, case, bla bla bla), I just look for something else, but tbh, now that other option is SteelSeries which is hugely popular too, can really use that argument. :/

I'm not saying that Corsair is crap or bad, it's just not the greatest manufacturer of all things of all time as many seem to think. This is in general, not saying that people who post to this thread and recommend Corsair are blind Corsair fanboys or anything, it's just how the big picture from large amount of PC users seems to be.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013

5. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    Personally, i have Corsair : M60 mouse, K90 keyboard and 1500 7.1 headset, and i couldn't be happier. Mouse is probably the best one i've used so far (replaced the amazing Logitech g9x), Keyboard is awesome (due to mechanical buttons and superb build quality) and headset is very good, though i would prefer it having 3.5mm jack instead of USB, as now it uses corsairs own software generated 7.1 instead of using my xonar D2X, but once I got used to it, it sound pretty damn well.

As for steelseries, they do have a VERY good name. New Sensei (well maybe not that new) mice are thought to be one of the best for gaming, though it all depends on what user prefers. They make, arguably, some of the best gaming headphone. As an ex-owner of Steelseries Syberia V2 & 5H and i can say their headphones (well at least those 2) are really good with both: build and sound quality.

Whatever you chosse you won't regret. At this point i would look more at the price difference (if there is any) and choose what fits more (try out the mice before you buy em).

P.S. as for Razer, i had some bad experiences with them aswell. Bought Lycosa keyboard few years ago and it was crashing, randomly disconnecting and even freezing my PC (and i know it was the keyboard that was doing it, as when i connect another keyboard i had no problems) then got replacement and it did exactly the same.... so no Thnx.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  6. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    I don't like to favor brands, i think it's best to mix it up. I use a G400 or IME3.0 for FPS depending on how i feel and i use a naga hex for MMOs/SC2. I have audio technica ad700 headphones with zalman mic and SteelSeries QcK+ mouse pad. Mice brands are overrated, all that matters is how good the sensor is and comfort for fps.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
  8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Totally agree with this. I use a Logitech G5 mouse, Ducky Shine 2 keyboard, Sennheiser HD485 headphones, and a Steelseries QcK+ mouse pad.

I don't think any brand would necessarily have all its peripherals suiting most people at the same time.

9. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
  10. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Well, I'm not sure how that works DCPI to DPI work out in the end but honest, 2300DPI from a good accurate mouse which can handle very fast accelerations and does not stop tracking, does not have any "smoothing" crap which you can not disable is all you need. Talking about those Zowie mices here. With very high DPI you scale that DPI down as it would be way too sensitive and impossible to use in any situation.

So, do not fall to that trap and only look at DPI, it's mostly just marketing crap wihtout any real value to you. If you have not checked this thread, then do it now: http://forum.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=335510

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    From what i have read when you tune a mouse for gaming you increase the DPI to maximum but then turn the mouse sensitivity down with the ingame settings to what you find comfortable, This gives your the best tracking as you have more Dots per inch when moving the mouse.

I was going to do this myself at one point but i just stick my mouse on 1200 dpi for all games as i cba to test this theory out.

12. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    So which is faster? The Corsair M65 @ 8200 DPI or the Steelseries Fnatic @ 11,400 DCPI?

What is the differnece between DCPI and DPI :confused:

13. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    I currently use the Corsair K90 keyboard and love it. Though I will be getting the new Corsair K95 when it becomes available because all the keys are mechanical (not a huge deal for me, but important to some), it has white backlighting (instead of blue) that can be turned on and off for each individual key, and it will also be black brushed aluminum instead of the silver.

My mouse is the SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition (and it seems that the Fnatic Edition is the same thing, only with a different logo and colors) and it is easily the best gaming mouse I've ever used. You can adjust just about any setting you want on it. It works great and feels great to me. I can't speak about long term reliability as I've only had it for about 4 months, but so far it has been flawless. Anyways, I highly recommend it.

As for headphones, I use Samson SR850's with a Zalman clip-on mic if needed.

14. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    I'd go with Zowie over either Corsair or SS

15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm using the Steelseries Sensei, great mouse.
    Very responsive, very tweakable, extremely easy on the wrist, completely ambidextrous and looks great.
    There is an LCD on the bottom for selecting profiles or creating them.
    It has a 2 speed dpi button for quick speed selection, its programmable.
    You can even adjust its tracking height, it works very well on uneven surfaces like on my sofa.
    Whereas for example, the Logitech G500 is bloody awful, almost impossible to use on my sofa.

16. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Thanks guys, based on your feedback I bought the Steelseries Fnatic and the 9HD mouse pad.

When I first installed the mouse driver I kept on getting the BSOD(or the Win8 version) but after doing a firmware upgrade it worked and installed fine.

I am really impressed with the responsiveness of this mouse. FCK IT IS FAST!!!
    I have really never felt any thing like this. It glides on the mouse pad.
    The weight and size of the mouse is perfect almost like they hit the sweet spot.

I have owned The Razer Taipan, Oruoboros(spelling), Mamba and Imperator. Overall this is the best mouse I have ever had.

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Sweet!
    Do you know what is different between the Fnatic and normal Sensei?

Heh, yeah it can really shift, I've set mine to pretty low speed.

18. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Nothing performance wise IIRC. Uses the same drivers and firmware.

Only difference is the aesthetics.

19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Yeah, I couldnt find any info other than it is called fnatic.
    Its first class regardless :)

20. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    I recommend Steelseries, i'm glad you are still alive.