Low Scores on 3dmark

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by seanpatrick, Mar 14, 2013.

1. seanpatrick

seanpatrick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 Supercharged
    Hey there, I'm reaching out here, because I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of, but keep getting low scores on 3d mark. I'm using a brand new 680 gtx supercharged, that I've overclocked, and am only scoring 7100 on 3dmark. I score about 6400 stock. This isn't just an Nvidia thing either, because I just replaced my 7970 sapphire dual x with this 680, specifically because I thought there was something wrong with the ati product, and could think of nothing else to do. But nope, now I'm getting low scores with this. I've already tried the following: Re did my CPU overclock, tested it with stock cpu stock Mhz and OC'd mhz ( using 3570k oc'd to 4.4 ), Re seated my graphics card ( obviously it's not this if Its giving me low scores on both ATI's and Nvidia's flagship cards ) re installed Windows, then did a fresh install of drivers, Bought brand new ram ( kingston 8x2 @ 1600 ).. My PSU is a new Nzxt 750 watt gold certified powerhouse, tried running the benchmark with no background programs running, tried disabling my second screen to have it just run on one, Made sure it's installed in the 16 x PCI e 3.0 slot ( on my new p8z77 v pro ) ... Updated to the latest asus bios for the motherboard, checked to make sure I have the latest chipset from intel, Made sure during benchmarks my card (s) are not overheating ( they're not ), installed 4 extra cooling fans in my case .. etc etc etc.
    What in the HECK am I missing here? AHHHRRRGGHHH!!!!

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    If you're on Windows 7, check and see if you installed Windows update KB2670838. if you have, uninstall it. It's causing problems with 3dmark.

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Also, if you're like me who adjusts global settings in the driver CP, ie, high quality texturing, AFx16, etc, that will have an effect on your 3DMark score.

4. Nono06

Nono06 Guest

GPU:
    4080 RTX
    What! 7100 with a single card is a bad score???
    Were you expecting to reach Cowie score with a single 680 gtx (9198 points)?
    Are you also running at 1711Mhz on GPU core?

Actually 7100 points with a single GTX680 is a good one.

According to FutureMark team, KB2670838 update is only impacting SLI/Xfire setups:
    "Not unexpected as the KB update is related to DirectX 11.1 and 3DMark is one of the few programs out there that uses DX11.1 for anything (and even there 3DMark uses it for extremely minor things that should optimize several edge cases - very low end tile based systems for tablets and netbooks and then... multi-GPU situations. For whatever reason, what worked on Windows 8 with DX 11.1, does not work on Windows 7 with the DX 11.1 KB update installed. And since that optimization only affects multi-GPU systems, you only see this performance problem with SLI/Crossfire systems.

We are working on a solution but most likely this will require a patch to 3DMark."

http://community.futuremark.com/forum/showthread.php?172828-680-sli-low-score-3DMark&p=1753209

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  6. Nono06

Nono06 Guest

GPU:
    4080 RTX
    In that case yes but since he just wrote "3dmark" and do not refer to any "P" score, I guessed he was talking about the 2013 version :)

7. seanpatrick

seanpatrick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 Supercharged
    For clarification, I'm running Windows 8, and am talking about 3dMark Advanced edition with Fire Storm and the other two, ice storm etc...

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/270646 - FYI it shows my processor as 1.6 but that's only because it's idled down after the tests, I've tested it in full performance mode as well and get the same results. It's running at 4.4 for the duration of the tests....

*snip* resize that image to 1280x1024 or less or post a thumbnail.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
  8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  9. seanpatrick

seanpatrick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 Supercharged
    ..... Don't tell me I've been confusing the two scores, I spent 300 dollars on a new ssd and new ram to try to fix this, and infact another 70 to switch my sapphire 7970 dual x to a gtx 680, which actually gets about 300 pts less ( I was getting 7500 before ) - SLAPS HEAD