Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA
Videocards - NVIDIA This forum is all about NVIDIA graphics cards and their technology. Do you have a question regarding an older GeForce videocard? Want to tell people how stylish a game works on that new shiny watercooled GeForce GTX 580 or SLI gaming rig? Get in here!

Custom Color Profile (ICC/LUT) In Game Issue!
Old
  (#1)
ultra5711
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX Titan on Agua
Processor: 3930K @ 4.8Ghz H2O'd
Mainboard: Asus RIVE
Memory: 8 Gigs DDR3 1600 Corsair
Soundcard: Titanium HD>M-Stage>DT990
PSU: Corsair AX750
Exclamation Custom Color Profile (ICC/LUT) In Game Issue! - 02-24-2013, 20:50 | posts: 294 | Location: Right Near Da Beach Boiiiiiiiiiii!!

I want to raise visibility to an issue that is being ignored by Nvidia, and should be fixed. Currently there is no way to force an ICC or LUT in full screen game. For those of us, probably everyone here, that calibrate our monitors, that is a big deal! This is because once you go in game, all calibration is removed and your back to crappy colors! While AMD has answered the call and allows it in their drivers, Nvidia continues to ignore it. I am aware that there are a few programs that attempt to address this issue, but they are hit or miss, and that's not good enough, and if you have figured out a permanent solution please let us know. Here are a couple links to other discussions about this issue.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-thread-on-t/1

http://www.overclock.net/t/1107875/n...l-screen-games

Please raise awareness and email Nvidia that you want this feature in the drivers! Together we can achieve this if we all send in a submission. If this does not affect you, please take a minute and help out your fellow Nvidia brethren and support us, you never know in the future you may also need this feature. Please do so here;

http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/ap...m/redirect/ask

Here is what I wrote;

Please do not ignore this as there is increasing awareness of this issue! Currently you do not have a way of loading Custom Color Profiles such as ICC/LUT and the community wants this feature in the drivers, more specifically they need to apply while in full screen games! We all know it is possible, you just need to do it! Please do not send me this reply because it is not good enough and it's a cop--out;

Nvidia said:Thank you for the update and I apologize for the confusion.
After the doing further research, I found that NVIDIA does not control or have any function to control the color settings while playing games in full screen mode. Since, these features are application specific it is controlled via the applications. Therefore, please use the games setup if applicable.

Currently your competitor, AMD, has the ability to do this and it would be in your best interest to do the same, unless of course your business model enjoys folks jumping ship to another company and you losing profits ; ). You should fix this to demonstrate that you really are here for the customer and have interest in the hobby not just another profit mongering company.

Best,
Nvidia Customer

P.S. The customer is always right ; )

Last edited by ultra5711; 02-24-2013 at 21:03.

Old
  (#2)
Denial
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 690
Processor: i7-3770K
Mainboard: ASUS Maximus 5 Formula
Memory: 16GB Corsair DDR3 2133
Soundcard: ZxR & HD800 Lyr/PC350SE
PSU: Seasonic 1000w
Default 02-24-2013, 21:54 | posts: 6,969 | Location: Above Earth in a Big Rocket Ship

I've been complaining about this for years and there has been so many threads over on the nvidia forums about it -- they don't seem to care.

Old
  (#3)
Noisiv
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX 460 HAWK Talon Attack
Processor: Q6600@3.5GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte EP-43-DS3L
Memory: 4GB OCZ 5-4-4-4-12
Soundcard: Onboard Realtek ALC888
PSU: Silent Pro M700
Default 02-24-2013, 22:57 | posts: 2,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra5711 View Post
I want to raise visibility to an issue that is being ignored by Nvidia, and should be fixed. Currently there is no way to force an ICC or LUT in full screen game.

Currently your competitor, AMD, has the ability to do this
Not to my knowledge, no.
Some games, particularly DX10/11 come with their own color profile, and will overwrite yours - Nvidia or AMD the same.

But if by "has the ability..." you mean exteral hacking, then so has Nvidia.

Old
  (#4)
ultra5711
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX Titan on Agua
Processor: 3930K @ 4.8Ghz H2O'd
Mainboard: Asus RIVE
Memory: 8 Gigs DDR3 1600 Corsair
Soundcard: Titanium HD>M-Stage>DT990
PSU: Corsair AX750
Default 02-26-2013, 01:43 | posts: 294 | Location: Right Near Da Beach Boiiiiiiiiiii!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisiv View Post
Not to my knowledge, no.
Some games, particularly DX10/11 come with their own color profile, and will overwrite yours - Nvidia or AMD the same.

But if by "has the ability..." you mean exteral hacking, then so has Nvidia.
Thanks for bumping

Old
  (#5)
tsunami231
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA 660gtx sig2
Processor: i7 920 CNPS10X Quiet
Mainboard: Evga x58 SLI LE
Memory: 3x2gb Dominator@1600 6Gb
Soundcard: Realtek HD Audio
PSU: Antec Truepower 750
Default 02-28-2013, 23:28 | posts: 3,279 | Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra5711 View Post
I want to raise visibility to an issue that is being ignored by Nvidia, and should be fixed. Currently there is no way to force an ICC or LUT in full screen game. For those of us, probably everyone here, that calibrate our monitors, that is a big deal! This is because once you go in game, all calibration is removed and your back to crappy colors! While AMD has answered the call and allows it in their drivers, Nvidia continues to ignore it. I am aware that there are a few programs that attempt to address this issue, but they are hit or miss, and that's not good enough, and if you have figured out a permanent solution please let us know. Here are a couple links to other discussions about this issue.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-thread-on-t/1

http://www.overclock.net/t/1107875/n...l-screen-games

Please raise awareness and email Nvidia that you want this feature in the drivers! Together we can achieve this if we all send in a submission. If this does not affect you, please take a minute and help out your fellow Nvidia brethren and support us, you never know in the future you may also need this feature. Please do so here;

http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/ap...m/redirect/ask

Here is what I wrote;

Please do not ignore this as there is increasing awareness of this issue! Currently you do not have a way of loading Custom Color Profiles such as ICC/LUT and the community wants this feature in the drivers, more specifically they need to apply while in full screen games! We all know it is possible, you just need to do it! Please do not send me this reply because it is not good enough and it's a cop--out;

Nvidia said:Thank you for the update and I apologize for the confusion.
After the doing further research, I found that NVIDIA does not control or have any function to control the color settings while playing games in full screen mode. Since, these features are application specific it is controlled via the applications. Therefore, please use the games setup if applicable.

Currently your competitor, AMD, has the ability to do this and it would be in your best interest to do the same, unless of course your business model enjoys folks jumping ship to another company and you losing profits ; ). You should fix this to demonstrate that you really are here for the customer and have interest in the hobby not just another profit mongering company.

Best,
Nvidia Customer

P.S. The customer is always right ; )
They havent bother to "Fix" something that is MS and there OS issue in all these years so coming here to try and get support a fix it isnt gona work either Seeing people on nVidia forums been whine and complain about this for years nothing happened. AMD has fix for cause they fixed an issue with how the OS works something that isnt there problem, nvidia choose not too. Fullscreen colors are override by the games/programs cause that is how MS programed it the os

Last edited by tsunami231; 02-28-2013 at 23:35.

Old
  (#6)
mysteriously

Videocard: AMD
Processor: AMD
Mainboard:
Memory: 2x4 GB DDR3
Soundcard: Realtek
PSU: 40W
Default 03-21-2013, 10:53 | posts: 37

tsunami231@: Yeah, well done if Nvidia wants to loose their customers...

Old
  (#7)
bishi
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX780 3GB SLI @+250/+650
Processor: i7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: G930
PSU: 850W XFX
Default 03-21-2013, 14:48 | posts: 311 | Location: London

Anyone tried this ?

Monitor Calibration Wizard
http://www.hex2bit.com/products/product_mcw.asp

Old
  (#8)
bishi
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX780 3GB SLI @+250/+650
Processor: i7 2600K @ 4.8Ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: G930
PSU: 850W XFX
Default 03-21-2013, 14:59 | posts: 311 | Location: London

Okay it doesn't seem to work for ARMA 3 Alpha anyway (I assume same problem as ARMA 2)

Old
  (#9)
007.SirBond
Master Guru

Videocard: NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
Processor: Intel i7-3770k
Mainboard: ASUS P8 Z77-V Pro
Memory: 16G DDR3 Kingston
Soundcard: Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1
PSU: 850 Watts
Default 09-17-2013, 12:11 | posts: 180

http://goebish.free.fr/cpk/