Destiny

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 17, 2013.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Artwork is fantastic!

I despised Halo and everything it was. Because of consoles and a stupidly high marketing budget it became this massive success. If it had just bee released on the Mac like intended or even on the PC as well it would of been played and then sunk into obscurity.

I am glad that Bungie have gotten away from Microsoft, I hope this turns out better than Halo. Their talents are much better used when they are doing something they actually want to do rather than jumping on the money train with Microsoft and making bland, repetitive games.

Finger crossed!

3. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    This looks interesting.

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    No offline mode for Destiny

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-17-destiny-requires-an-internet-connection-to-work

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Dont know what the problem is with always online since its a MMO

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
  7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Some great looking screens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    as long as it comes for pc I will be getting it :eek:

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Activision And Bungie Announce Destiny Beta Early 2014

Be among the first to blaze a trail through the wild frontiers of Destiny, the next evolution of entertainment from the creators of Halo, and the company that brought you Call of Duty. Activision and Bungie today announced that fans who pre-order the game at participating retailers worldwide will get early access to the Destiny Beta, which will include a diverse sampling of major activities featured in the full game. The Beta will begin in early 2014 on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system;PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft.

To celebrate the announcement, Activision and Bungie have released a new trailer entitled"The Moon," featuring a highlighted destination in the game, and the Hive, one of the four enemy races featured in Des******

"We have no doubt Destiny is not only a great action game but also the next great entertainment property," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. "That means we're putting all our creative support, and all our expertise in creating blockbuster franchises, into a colossal Destiny Beta that we believe will set a new bar for the next generation of games. Fans have a lot to look forward to in 2014."

"Destiny is the most ambitious game we have ever made, and it's our chance to transform the way you experience a new Bungie universe," said Harold Ryan, Bungie president. "From day one Destiny has been an incredibly bold vision that Activision shares with Bungie. Destiny is a massive universe that is populated by the players, and for that reason we need fans to get their hands on the game, fans all around the world. We can't wait!"

DestinyBeta Redemption Codes are only available while supplies last. To see a list of participating global retailers, fans can visit destinythegame.com/wheretobuy. Upon pre-ordering the game at a participating retailer, fans can visit bungie.net/beta and follow the instructions on the page to secure their spot in the Beta. The required 9-digit entry code will be printed on their receipt, on a flyer distributed at time of purchase or sent via email through their respective retail rewards program. Fans that pre-ordered before October 1st 2013 and qualify for this offer are automatically entered into the Beta and will receive their entry code from their retailer via email. All questions or concerns related to the Beta code should be brought to the attention of the retailer.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Screens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Fantastic shots! Second and third last appear to be concept art though. I hope this game turns out nicely, the demos they have shown so far were dull.

17. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Forgive me for asking but what type of gameplay will we be expecting with this? Some form of Planetside/Tribes openworld PvP mashup or will it be like an mmo version of Borderlands?

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Looks like a bit of both to me.

19. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well that's the vibe I was getting but I wasn't sure, still I'll keep an eye on it as it does look nice.

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Hey, what are the Quarians doing in the game. :D