SimCity - Introduction Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Check out the SimCity introduction video that will kick start players' experiences as soon as they login into the game. Using all gameplay footage, the video shows off Multi-city play beginning with ...

SimCity - Introduction Video

2. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    And always online DRM, and online saves, great game!

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Looks goooood.

But it seems to have been pushed back a bit, thought it was coming out feb.

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Looks pretty good, though not completely convinced on the art direction. I was hoping for something less generic given the IP's standing in the genre. Still, night times look pretty cool (no pun intended). :)

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    "Preorder now to get exclusive heroes and villains set".

And so it begins...

How much of the game is going to be available when you buy the game and how much of it is going to require spending more money for things like lamp posts, or, grass for the park?

Have the written the game to make the residents unhappy and not give good taxes unless you have lamp posts and grass? I mean, seriously, "heroes and villians"??!?!? Let me guess...crime goes up, and no matter how many police stations you build, the population do not feel safe, so you need a Caped crusader to clean the city up, but the offset of this action is you also have purchased villians, so this actually does nothing other than line executives pockets.

Makes me sad to think about what and how they have potentially rigged this game.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Uh, the heroes and villains thing will likely be extra missions for the hinted at U-drive-it extra as seen in SC4 Rush Hour.

But good job jumping on the assumption bandwagon.

7. psycros

psycros Guest

GPU:
    Enough to run anything
    Maxis: "OK, here's the plan. We'll take one of the most iconic single-player sim games ever and make it...an online only cash store bonanza!" Genius! I'm sure all those hard-core sim fans will fully embrace it.

8. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    The main reason for SC4's longevity was its nearly infinite modding capability. If EA/Maxis take that away and decide to cash in on ridiculous DLC, SC5 will simply fail. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing with this title though.

Having said that - as I already mentioned in another thread, I will not buy SC5 until they remove that atrocious always-on DRM. My loss, I know, but I'll stick to my principles.

9. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i'm excited for the game, but not whatever form of DRM it comes with. lol