Intel Haswell Core i7 and Core i5 specs leak onto the web

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. xafier

xafier Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 290
    Yet again disabling virtualization on the unlocked chips... that's really sucky!

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    So basically we´re looking at a minor refresh because even the clock speeds are equal to the actual CPUs...

The only noteworthy feature seems to be the lower TDPs.

Well , i guess this is what happens when there´s little to no competition.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Why remove virtualization? Meh .. I think I'll hold on to my X58 setup a while longer. I hope they suffer more due to their apparent inability to adapt to the mobile market.

5. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    Seriously, stop with the socket madness :/

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Standard virtualization will almost certainly be available, what is disabled is directed I/O (Vt-d) which allows more than one VM to run at same time without significantly hampering performance when they access same hardware at same time. No biggie to most VM users I would think.

7. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Higher TDP for the unlocked chips? They're gunna need more than a 10% increase in clock-for-clock performance to make up for the increased draw then, given they're running similar speeds to IB.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It's actually funny, I think this is the most competition Intel has ever had, it's just not from AMD or even destkop CPU's in general it's from ARM and mobile parts.

Anyway, the refresh is in the GPU. From the start Haswell was being pegged to be GPU based like Ivybridge, little in the actual CPU, everything into the GPU. You're going to see the biggest gains in integrated graphics.

9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I know that but i don´t care about integrated graphics... :(

10. maroon1

maroon1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia/8800GTS/320MB
    1- Higher GHz is not the only way to make a processor faster. Haswell is supposed to have improved architecture when compared to ivy bridge.

2- VT-x = virtualization. K unlocked chips always supported virtualization but not the VT-d which is virtualization for directed I/O

3- AMD won't release any replacement to Piledriver in 2013 according to the latest roadmap. So, at least intel is releasing something new.

4- Intel HD4600 is probably based Haswell GT2 which is not the fastest GPU for haswell. The fastest iGPU GT3 chip is going to be used only for some mobile chips. HD4600 will probably perform just slightly faster than HD4000, while the GT3 chip is supposed to be twice as fast HD4000

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    hoping for 10% clock per clock faster than ivy and hitting easily 5ghz on air...then i will upgrade...if that does not happen exactly as i mentioned above then, oh well i will wait for rockwell(broadwell):) i will not waste a single euro anymore on pc, because smooth gaming is vanished from every system combo...

12. chilly willy

chilly willy Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    unless the prices are fantastic it looks like ill go with my original plan and just get an 8350 for 90 bucks and get a new haswell laptop to replace my amd turion TL-60 laptop :puke2:

13. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Looks like my faithful core i5 SB@4.6 will last me a long time.

14. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Great chance for amd , then.
    Hope, they would give a big jump by steamroller.

15. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    Directed I/O is actually for passthrough ability to talk to hardware. For example with VT-d you can "hook up" your high end graphics card directly to a VM rather than using the virtual graphics that you would normally use.

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Indeed if you have Sandy or newer then no biggie, however most members here have been waiting on this sacrificing their games in the process, well here it is folks.

17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    indeed...the average life limit in terms of enjoyable performance is about 3,4 or even 5 years.

so of course and it will last...

anyone with nehalem (1st gen i7) for example would not need sandy bridge or even ivy bridge if he could calm down his eager for performance edge...

the real upgrade for the 2008's i7 will be 2013's haswell...well almost 5 years

18. krpetrov

krpetrov Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7950 at 1135/6000
    I think i will stick with my 2500k for a while! There will be no significant upgrade soon.

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Looking forward to upgrade from the 1st i7 to the 4th i7 :)

My current 950 still shows it's power, but it's surely aging. I got it since December 2009. It's time for it to retire ^^

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Most people dont even use it let alone know what it really for except for people here.

I never use what it for there for its disabled anyway.

That I5 4670k looks taste but then the i7 4770k looks tasty too, though I not sure HT is really worth it anymore unless they fix what ever issue it had since first gen i7 never say difference with it on or off anyway other then seeing 8 cpu counts and not 4.

Either way 2.6ghz vs 3.8~3.9ghz nice boost and among other gains im sure it would have over a first gen i7.