FarCry 3 - The Jurrasic Park MOD *IDEA*

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Nirvana91, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    Hi,

Everytime I play Farcry 3 I get a feeling that this game could make the base of a GREAT jurassic park mod.

I mean, the environments are pretty much done:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It´s just lacking the dinossaurs!!

Anyone remembers the game Trespasser? :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Imagine this on the FarCry 3 engine. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I don´t understand nothing of modeling/modding... but since the game already has that "jungle feeling" it should be an easier task to do such a mod, right?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. sproyd

sproyd Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GT650M
    Great idea! I wouldn't say this would be an "easy mod" it just means we probably wouldn't need to change the map in any way.

Work that would need to be done
    - Gameplay concept (easy... just hunt/run from dinosaurs)
    - Dinosaur modelling (moderate)
    - Dinosaur AI (easy/moderate - probably just use the various animal AIs - velociraptors could act like Komodos, dippys like tapirs, t rex like bears and so on)
    - Accurate animation (hard) this could be tricky to get them to behave in relation to an environment designed for smaller animals. Would they get stuck on trees etc?

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Unfortunately yes. The only good thing about that game was the health bar.

[​IMG]

4. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    Concept:
    As for the concept I remembered the "Lost World: Jurassic Park" where the girl was on the island to document the animals:
    - Since the game has a camera you could take pictures of them (probably the reason for you to be there);
    - Aproach the dinossaurs to take the pictures or just kill them if they attack;

Map:
    Found this:
    [​IMG]

Just a map of the island in the first movie with the dinossaur dispersion through the island. Just an idea.

Sound:
    For me, this would be probably one of the most important things. Farcry 3 already has acceptable jungle sounds. Now imagine hearing a T-Rex roaring in the distance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-EFY90nOss), hearing loud footsteeps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSVlJbaWvtQ), others animals, etc. Just to add fear and immersion to the mod.

An example of good ambience sounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9-nefhQWg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012

5. Maokapow

Maokapow Guest

GPU:
    Geeforce Great
    Dinosaurs in Farcry 3

Problem is the limit, take it away and u will have the greatest game become even greater..

Dinosaurs, Zombie island, Harpoon for shark hunting.. Different kinds of sharks, Crocodiles lurking and moving... More command over troops...
    Underwater caves with sea monsters...
    It's a game.. Why not give it all.......

Katana sword, dual wielding wpn's... Upgrading...

a mod where ppl could make their own mods/maps, that would make the game eternal and the game creators wouldn't even have to make their own mods any longer....

Co-op free roaming.. The absolutely most essential ingriedient to make a game epic, is to share the experience with a friend...

I can come up with a zillion more ideas... Why isn't the gameproducers doing this? Is there a reason why the greatest game in the world doesn't exist? Please tell me...

6. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    - extra costs for movie license
    - the movies are old so target audience might not be interested at all
    - play extra cost to use the FC3 engine or risk to make a custom one ?

7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I wouldn't call that a good thing. It looks more like a builders arse crack than a pair of boobs.

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    farcry 3 and zombie mod!