Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Frontpage news
Frontpage news Perhaps you have some news to report or want to check out the latest Guru3D headlines and comment ? Check it in here.

Sol Republic Virtually Indestructable Headphones Across Europe
Old
  (#1)
Hilbert Hagedoorn
Don Vito Corleone

Videocard: AMD | NVIDIA
Processor: Core i7 4770K
Mainboard: Z77
Memory: 8GB
Soundcard: X-Fi - GigaWorks 7.1
PSU: 1200 Watt
Default Sol Republic Virtually Indestructable Headphones Across Europe - 12-03-2012, 08:20 | posts: 20,799 | Location: Guru3D testlab

SOL REPUBLIC launched its unique line of headphones today across Europe. Delivering innovation in sound, style and durability, SOL REPUBLIC offers amazing headphones for every music lover. SOL REPUBLI...

Sol Republic Virtually Indestructable Headphones Across Europe

Old
  (#2)
Ven0m
Maha Guru

Videocard: ASUS GTX 680 D2CU TOP
Processor: i7 920 @ 4GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Rampage II Extreme
Memory: 12GB Patriot Viper
Soundcard: Xonar D2X>Custom amp>K712
PSU: Seasonic M12D 850W
Default 12-03-2012, 08:27 | posts: 1,413 | Location: Warsaw, Poland

They kinda remind me Beats headphones. I hope that in contract to them, SOL will sound properly.

Old
  (#3)
isidore
Ancient Guru

Videocard: nVidia GTX670M
Processor: i7-3610QM @ 3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asus RoG
Memory: Asus 8Gb
Soundcard: Asus G75VW
PSU: Asus RoG
Default 12-03-2012, 15:38 | posts: 5,659 | Location: Timisoara, Romania

review's say they are quite good, sound/comfort/price, i'm thinking of getting a pair, also they looks pretty bad a$$.

Old
  (#4)
snorge
Member Guru

Videocard: gtx 560 2GB
Processor: Core 2 Duo @3.4
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Antec
Default 12-03-2012, 17:26 | posts: 85

I saw these featured on a tech segment of CNN or HLN forget which on black friday. They look pretty nice but I wonder how good they really sound compared to more well known brands in the same price range.

Old
  (#5)
Guttsy911

Videocard: 3xSLI Asus GTX580 1.5GB
Processor: Intel i7 980x
Mainboard: ASUS Rampage III Formula
Memory: 12GB Corsair Dominator
Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Titanium
PSU: Corsair HX 1000
Default 12-03-2012, 22:27 | posts: 2 | Location: Norway

Well I bought Beats Wireless V2 a couple of months ago and I understand this is fashion!! Now Beats, as good as they are thanks to Monster, not dr.Dre imo ;-), is on it's way out (not so popular because now "everyone" has them)...

I think these SOL's try to take Beats spot in the market. Maby they are as good, maby even better but in the end it is a fashion product. It does not mean they are "just for the looks" because the best fashion products, whether it's clothes or cars... or headphones, usually sport good quality (probably due to the fact that they are expencive and don't have to use cheap components.)

At least Beats were made by Monster so they definitively have good components! (My 1,2m MONSTER HDMI-DVI cable cost about 300$ (1700NOK) and of course it is a high quality/best components product (but I really can't spot the difference on my Dell U2711 when swapping to a much cheaper cord...) anyway about the Beats headphones, why are they not then sold as a pair of MONSTER headphones? Maby Hollywood celebritys would not have made them the must have headphones if it sported a rugged monster logo...?

@Guttsy911

Old
  (#6)
snorge
Member Guru

Videocard: gtx 560 2GB
Processor: Core 2 Duo @3.4
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Antec
Default 12-05-2012, 12:06 | posts: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guttsy911 View Post
At least Beats were made by Monster so they definitively have good components! (My 1,2m MONSTER HDMI-DVI cable cost about 300$ (1700NOK) and of course it is a high quality/best components product (but I really can't spot the difference on my Dell U2711 when swapping to a much cheaper cord...) anyway about the Beats headphones, why are they not then sold as a pair of MONSTER headphones? Maby Hollywood celebritys would not have made them the must have headphones if it sported a rugged monster logo...?

@Guttsy911
Monster stuff is meant to be a big ripoff and I thought for things like hdmi cables there is absolutely no difference because the signal is all digital.

Old
  (#7)
Ven0m
Maha Guru

Videocard: ASUS GTX 680 D2CU TOP
Processor: i7 920 @ 4GHz
Mainboard: ASUS Rampage II Extreme
Memory: 12GB Patriot Viper
Soundcard: Xonar D2X>Custom amp>K712
PSU: Seasonic M12D 850W
Default 12-05-2012, 12:42 | posts: 1,413 | Location: Warsaw, Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorge View Post
Monster stuff is meant to be a big ripoff and I thought for things like hdmi cables there is absolutely no difference because the signal is all digital.
+1
I'm also sick of their marketing. It's 2nd Apple, except Apple makes better products than most (not all) of the competition.

I'd have to check how these Sols sound. They look kinda ok, but if you want bling, you go for Beats; sound - Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, or some AKGs, or one of many quality brands. So the question is if Sols are going to be yet another fashionable Beats or do they want to make headphones that produce really good sound, and at the same time they're durable.