HIS working on a dual GPU HIS Radeon 7970 X2

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    HIS will soon release a dual-GPU based Radeon 7970 or 7990 if you want to. Over at Tom’s lab in Germany recently received just such a card a short while ago, and it bears all the markings (literally) of an engineering sample, down to the production number 007.

HIS working ona a dual GPU HIS Radeon 7970 X2

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    79970? :)

Anyway never used HIS, but they have some good prices. Anybody have personal experience with them?

Anyway that card looks rather good :)

3. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    I do and and if they continue to use fans made by Zunshan I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole they're ****e fans that dry out quickly and get noisy and to top it off you cannot
    re-lube them trying ends with a broken fan and no way to replace it easily

4. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    So if James bonds code name is 007, then the card will be code named James Bond?

Cute. Reeeal cute.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'd like to add to that.
    James bond - 007 GHz Edition

6. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I've used HIS a few times and have always been very pleased with them as a company.

As for this puppy, I really like the sounds of it. Could this be one of the only single PCB Dual GPUs that isn't limited in Overclocking compared to a pair of single PCB GPUs?

[​IMG]

7. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Better yet:

The dual GPU HIS Radeon 7970 X2 James bond - 007 GHz Edition

Now shut up and take my money. :p:banana:

8. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I'm using two HIS 6950s, don't have any complaints, The fans where loud, however all GFX cards fans (perhaps excluding aftermarket cooler edition cards) are loud when turned up.

Mine however are both Watercooled and have been for quite some time now, no noise from those puppies anymore ;)

9. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I have got many AMD/ATI cards from HIS ... Here they are allways higher priced of Sapphire or Asus cards, but i allways take an HIS, without bundle of games or whatever.. Allways get no problem with them.. allways good batch for overclocking . my first HIS cards was the X1950XTX . or even maybe the X1800XT PE ..

I have 2 7970, one is the Sapphire Ref design second is an HIS reference design bought on January 2012.. I have need rma the Sapphire one time, ( dead ) the old and new card make some coil whine when overclocked, it is not the best overclocker you can find ( not bad but not a golden chip ) on contrario the HIS 7970, is: a perfect overclocker, no coil whine even at 1300mhz+ ... I believe they have a lower production of Asus, Sapphire and other and so the component are bit more checked.

Its perhaps just due to the shop where i buy them, i cant say it is a generality, but well allways have good experience with their products ..

The 07 is not a codename, this is the revisions of the beta production of the card. TomsHardware.de have been lucky, HIS have send them their first early productions sample for test them, they have then send back some recommendation to HIS developper who have integrate them in the cards. the card they have send them back is now the revision 7 of the cards. maybe the final will be the number 8-9 who know.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  10. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    HIS is as Sapphire, not bad but not exiting on low/middle range GPU and kick ass on high end... so i guess it will be good.