NEW! Lucid MVP 2.1.120 (Windows 8 support)

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by thatguy91, Oct 23, 2012.

1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Fix the links matey :)

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Done :) I accidentally copied it from the edited 2.1.118 in thread view not edit view :bash:

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Did you use it matey? with 7870 you got. I wonder if it increase fps in games, not in benchmarks.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I haven't had time to test it yet, but I have installed it! Probably won't have time until at least tomorrow evening.

6. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Does this work for anyone? I can't get this to work with any game at all, even game's that are supported. It's always a crash to desktop. It doesn't matter what setting and/or if d3doverrider/afterburner/precision is enabled.
    I emailed Logix a while back and said it was a known issue and they are working on it but none of these updates work at all.

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Seems to work fine with me. The only thing that didn't work with this version on is the 'Windows Experience Index' assessment, so obviously I'm oh so distraught over that :D

I just got up (6AM Wednesday here), so thought I'd quickly try Medal Of Honour Warfighter with this new version. I should point out that it's not on the list of applications normally, I added it (discrete mode with hyperformance box ticked). I also enabled virtual Vsync, and changed it so the logo appears at the bottom right hand corner for a few seconds.

Medal Of Honour Warfighter worked perfectly. I should point out that I manually set all the settings to their highest, and the game was already from what I could tell silky smooth, mind you I only played it for 15 minutes or so. I did test it before and after though, it was silky smooth before too!

I can't say whether it improved the performance or not, however there is one thing it did seem to help, and that is the cutscene videos. There was a little tearing without it but that seems to have disappeared, so I guess it is working.

I don't expect it to give a boost like they claim, but I do see it potentially advantageous when the performance isn't 'quite there' for the settings you use in a game, it should help you get over the line and improve those rough spots.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    All the times I've tried, the only "benefit" I saw was smoother game play. Problem is, I kept experiencing a CTD if VirtuMVP was enabled... Might give it another shot after Win8 launches.

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I must admit I think sometimes it is a little bit along the lines of hit or miss with Lucid MVP. Software wise it's not really something that the OS is built for, it's a third party addition. On top of that it's also the compatibility with the video card drivers that could be an issue.

10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    It used to work for me, but now a days it a hit and a miss, but most of the times. I get CTD with newer games that uses Unreal engine 3. But interesting enough Older UE3 engine games doesn't do it and work just fine like the rest of my games with it.

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    ineresting enough with this ver unreal engine 3 works with it now unless it was just the intel HD4000 driver I was using before with the prior ver that was causing the issues.

12. trenzterra

trenzterra Active Member

GPU:
    XpertVision 7900GS 256MB PCI-E
    Is anyone able to get QuickSync to work with this?

13. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970, 1506/7806
    These have been working flawlessly for me in i-Mode, with every driver so far, to the exception of R310 nVidia drivers, which give stutters in GW2. 306.97 works 100%.

Very happy with MVP so far, the latest versions had a really huge compatibility increase with a lot of games.

If anyone had a bad experience with MVP, now is the time to test it again! :) The virtual v-sync is really worth it imho, much better than everything else out there.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  14. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea At least VVS works in windows 8 wheres D3D override doesn't.