Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Frontpage news
Frontpage news Perhaps you have some news to report or want to check out the latest Guru3D headlines and comment ? Check it in here.

10-core Xeon E5-2600 V2 Ivy Bridge-EP Processor Info Surfaces
Old
  (#1)
Hilbert Hagedoorn
Don Vito Corleone

Videocard: AMD | NVIDIA
Processor: Core i7 4770
Mainboard: Z77
Memory: 8GB
Soundcard: X-Fi - GigaWorks 7.1
PSU: 1200 Watt
Default 10-core Xeon E5-2600 V2 Ivy Bridge-EP Processor Info Surfaces - 10-12-2012, 08:03 | posts: 19,599 | Location: Guru3D testlab

Intel will debut a 10-core Xeon E5-2600 V2 Ivy Bridge-EP Processor as a leaked slide reveals, that's next to 12-core processors BTW. The processor*would be released in the third quarter of next year ...

10-core Xeon E5-2600 V2 Ivy Bridge-EP Processor Info Surfaces

Old
  (#2)
iancook221188
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
Processor: 2600k4.5 / i7 970 4.4 WC
Mainboard: X68 UD4 / X58A UD5
Memory: 16GB / 24GB
Soundcard:
PSU: TX850 / AX850
Default 10-12-2012, 11:02 | posts: 1,395 | Location: uk

we will see what happen to this market segment when ARM start bring it A15 16 many core,
maybe intel will start trying im not say this 12 core isn't impressive but with all Haswell efficiency how many core could they fit on it

Old
  (#3)
Tat3
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX480 w/ 244T
Processor: i7 920 @ 4,4GHz | Water
Mainboard: DFI UT X58 T3eH8
Memory: 3*2Gb 8-8-8-20 @ 1680MHz
Soundcard: UA-55 -> 2*Genelec 8030B
PSU: Defo not modular (TX950W)
Default 10-12-2012, 11:18 | posts: 11,194 | Location: Finland

My current CPU is still doing kinda OK so trying push my update to point when that one comes out. Do want.

Old
  (#4)
Lane
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
Processor: I7 4930K H2o EK Supremacy
Mainboard: Asus X79 Deluxe
Memory: G-Skill C9 2133mhz 16GB
Soundcard: X-FI Titanium HD + SP2500
PSU: CM 1000W
Default 10-12-2012, 11:35 | posts: 5,201 | Location: Switzerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancook221188 View Post
we will see what happen to this market segment when ARM start bring it A15 16 many core,
maybe intel will start trying im not say this 12 core isn't impressive but with all Haswell efficiency how many core could they fit on it
How much Gflops is capable to deliver an A15 16cores.. ?

Untill AMD HSA Fundation deliver the codes for make viable ARM cpu language on servers ( teamed with Samsung, TI, Qualcomm etc ), i doubt the efficiency will be really there in term of Performance.
+ the problem with ARM is they dont work on an Compiled language, but an interpreted one. And you cant for now use them in collaboration with GPU or even inside a system for computing ( language of memory data storage is not the same, they are not compatible with the interconnect of x86 server system, not the same instructions etc etc )...

Actually you can use ARM cpu for make some work on their own ( like data backup on Server Database for economy some energy, or use same as co processor for save energy on Idle " low operation "but not make them run on a performance efficient level "

A 12 cores Intel, mean 24 multithread... AMD have allready released 24+ cores CPU ..

A single blade with 4 GPU + 4 or 8x CPU x86 is able to deliver Massive Tflops of computing data. ( a single gpu now provide 4 Tflops on single floating point.. )

Last edited by Lane; 10-12-2012 at 11:44.

Old
  (#5)
Brasky
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA 780 SC
Processor: i5-3570K
Mainboard: AsRock Z77e-ITX
Memory: G-Skill Sniper 2133 16gb
Soundcard: Littering and...?
PSU: Silverstone 450
Default 10-12-2012, 12:42 | posts: 1,601 | Location: BBQ Capital of the World

does this mean the evga Sr-X might become useful?
anyone? cause that would make me help me justify spending the cash on this caselabs case i bought on impulse a few months ago, good times!

Last edited by Brasky; 10-12-2012 at 19:10.

Old
  (#6)
rl66
Master Guru

Videocard: Aspeed + Tesla M2090
Processor: Xeon X5680 x2
Mainboard: Asus Z8PE D12
Memory: 48 Go RDIMM
Soundcard: none
PSU: Corsair AX1200 moded
Default 10-12-2012, 17:56 | posts: 416 | Location: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
How much Gflops is capable to deliver an A15 16cores.. ?

Untill AMD HSA Fundation deliver the codes for make viable ARM cpu language on servers ( teamed with Samsung, TI, Qualcomm etc ), i doubt the efficiency will be really there in term of Performance.
+ the problem with ARM is they dont work on an Compiled language, but an interpreted one. And you cant for now use them in collaboration with GPU or even inside a system for computing ( language of memory data storage is not the same, they are not compatible with the interconnect of x86 server system, not the same instructions etc etc )...

Actually you can use ARM cpu for make some work on their own ( like data backup on Server Database for economy some energy, or use same as co processor for save energy on Idle " low operation "but not make them run on a performance efficient level "

A 12 cores Intel, mean 24 multithread... AMD have allready released 24+ cores CPU ..

A single blade with 4 GPU + 4 or 8x CPU x86 is able to deliver Massive Tflops of computing data. ( a single gpu now provide 4 Tflops on single floating point.. )
there is many point that missing:

-it is true that AMD have already 24+ core CPU but it is less efficient in computing that actual Intel solution.

-having many core on CPU depend on your needs, as i have application that use Tesla i will always prefer an average CPU and Tesla over a huge core number CPU (tesla compute faster for my use).

-and ARM... ARM architecture is a lot more modern, versatile and powerfull than any X86/64 CPU's one. See the ARM technical evolution/power curve, it's near vertical since 3 year now, i guess they will be the next 3rd CPU competitor in a few (after having pwn everyone on mobile segment).

-it is true that ARM suffer from all the issue you said. but there is plenty of linux distro and the next Windows Hate... oups i mean 8 that make it easy to use for "normal" people... and so we will see many people developing stuff for it (as it as already started in linux world).

but anyway this xeon should be cute, i guess the price too ).

Old
  (#7)
benniehanas

Videocard: Waiting for poss GTX 685
Processor: 3930k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair AX1200
Default 10-22-2012, 16:17 | posts: 1

I bought the Case Labs TX10 just for the SR-X too and went with the ASUS instead hen I heard the Sandy EP were not overclockable (maybe due to heat as a percaution with the extra cores). I might still get the SR-X if it supports Ivy-EP and they're overclockable and have fixed the cheap thermal compound in them. They are Xeon for corporations, so I believe they wouldn't use the cheap stuff like with the first Ivy Bridge. Xeon is worthless for gaming, but I plan on using the server for gaming and Labs for Cisco stuff hosting several VM's. Maybe it's overkill, but I have an enormous case to utilize