Mechwarrior Online Quick Beta Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Here's Mechwarrior Online by Piranha Games. The NDA just lifted, so I can finally share some footage, information, and maybe even guides with you guys. The NDA has been lifted for Mechwarrior Online ...

Mechwarrior Online Quick Beta Video

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Very poor timing with release in my opinion; they are going to have three huge challengers now at release:

World of Tanks
    HAWKEN
    Planetside 2

3. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    + other shooters

Still, I think this game has its target audience. My problem with it, WoT, and other free2play/pay2win games is that I have no time for grind and I don't feel like paying extra to win - it's not for me even when I love this universe. So this game will be rather for people who have lots of time.

4. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    NDA lifeted?

Here goes:

The graphics are very good, but some people with poor rigs complain that lower settings are not lower enough.
    The economy sucks, you need to play and win 100 games to afford a dam Raven, a light mech.
    You can of course buy real money and get mechs, this is where "rich" boys with their custom mechs come in but they are worst than people who actually play for fun.
    I cannot belive that mechwarrior 3 had so fluid animations for the mech, the legs were actually uneven when the mech was on uneven ground, here the mech looks like a tank with legs.
    There is no flush coolant, no repair bay, no coolant refil, and they respect the Battlemech story, so it's like year 3049, no MadCat, no Dashi, no clan weapons or mechs.

So yea, pirahna games has no idea how to make a mech based game to work online, they should have sticked to single player

5. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    What do you mean? You mean that legs actually touch sloped surfaces? Doesn't that happen in MW Online too?

6. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Looks okay, Hawken is more my style.

7. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    The animation is messed up, if a mech is on a slope, one leg floats in the air, or on any kind of rough ground they do not balance their legs, they are just at the same level and they float on air, so unrealistic, in mechwarrior 3, you can see how the mech is properly balancing itself on the legs when it is on a slope or uneven ground, but hey, it's a beta, the gameplay parts that hurt are the lack of coolant and Clan technology because they wanted to make a multiplayer game... canon... and according to the story, there is no Clans or Inner Sphere yet
    also there is no crouching

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  8. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    Was playing it for a week, or rather trying to play it. Had tons of glitches, starting from everything being semi transparent to crashing to desktop every 15-20 minutes. Through whole week i managed to end maybe 5 - 6 rounds. Loved the previous games but this one so far has been completely unplayable for me.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I got accepted in Beta too and Im disappoint..

It looks dated, no dx11, to much DOF, streaming bugs and on top of that nvidia drivers suffers from low gpu usage.

I got 40-50% gpu usage most of the time with 30-45fps xD, lovely. I erased it after 5min.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  10. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    It´s a beta right now Tj, you seem to forget this. DX11 support will be added in next 2 weeks. I don´t have that problem with gpu usage, runs around 70 to 80 fps on my rig at 1920x1080 resolution.
    CTD´s are a bit of a problem since Tuesday.
    Remember, it´s a beta and this is not the final product you´re playing with right now. Economy balancing is about where it should be right now.
    I´m not totally sure if the approach they are making with the f2p model is the correct way, but right now there is nothing you can´t get if you´re not a founder. All modules and most mechs are there for purchasing. Of course the founder mechs are only available to the players that purchased at least the veteran founder package.

Cheers

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So, I played other betas that ran 10x better.. Even BF3 Alpha did :|

Gameplay was kinda boring too, not impressed. Actually im not impressed with Cryengine3, the more I see it the more I think its a flop. >_<

I didnt have any CTD though..

Btw Crysis2 suffered the same, but nvidia somehow fixed it with latest 306.23 & 306.63 driver (after 1 year).. They probably wouldn't do anything if I and few others haven't reported low gpu usage drops.

12. loop29

loop29 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    I´ve played betas that were 10x worse then the MWO beta :nerd:

Gameplay is limited to one gamemode right now, I´m too waiting on the additional game modes and the higher metagame level. I like the gameplay right now and enjoy it.
    It´s targeted for people who want to play in a group where obviously communication and organization will earn you a win in most cases.
    Not everyones cup of tea, I agree.
    Matchmaking has been improved as far as I can tell so you don´t have to stomp pug groups in every single game.

Cheers

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Fair enough, sorry if i came across all negative. :)

Maybe it will get better later.. But i kinda doubt it, its not my cup of tea :D

14. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    LOL so me and loop29 with 670 gtx are actually having our GPU used 40% but i get constant framerate limited by refresh rate (60 fps) at max settings (yes in DX9 mode) ????

WOW when DX11 mode comes out and more optimizations, it will run butter smooth! Cry Engine 3 is amazing, the developers who make the game using it make the difference of the end game tough! I hope pihrana games don't mess this up, so close yet so far till a decent product can be out!
    Missing the double heatsinks, so many mechs, so many weapons, so much animations but what is not missing is bugs, lots of bugs!
    IT SUCKS WE DONT GET CLAN TECH BECAUSE THEY DECIDED TO MAKE IT CANNON AND ACTUALLY HAVE THE TIMELINE IN SYNC WITH REAL LIFE! LOL REALLY??? (3049 is 2012, 3050 is 2013) WE GET CLAN TECH NEXT YEAR WTF???